Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
High-speed police chases have killed thousands of innocent bystanders
(09-20-2015, 06:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/deputy-shoots-helicopter-suspect-fleeing-freeway-n430216

I was waiting for this.  Known violent felon heading the wrong way on the freeway at 100 mph.  Seeing as how you're a perpetrator sympathizer I'm sure you think the POS criminals actions are only the result of law enforcement's response.  Myself I like to hold people responsible for their own actions, you know like adults.  But feel free to explain how the violent felon driving 100 mph on the wrong side of the freeway is the fault of law enforcement.
(09-20-2015, 06:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I was waiting for this.  Known violent felon heading the wrong way on the freeway at 100 mph.  Seeing as how you're a perpetrator sympathizer I'm sure you think the POS criminals actions are only the result of law enforcement's response.  Myself I like to hold people responsible for their own actions, you know like adults.  But feel free to explain how the violent felon driving 100 mph on the wrong side of the freeway is the fault of law enforcement.

Oh.  Did I say there was something wrong or did you just knee-jerk a response when I didn't say anything?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-20-2015, 07:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh.  Did I say there was something wrong or did you just knee-jerk a response when I didn't say anything?

yeah...but whats the point of posting this in this thread if you are not using it as evidence for you overall argument?
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-20-2015, 07:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: yeah...but whats the point of posting this in this thread if you are not using it as evidence for you overall argument?

I was hoping he was warming up to my suggestion of shooting the fleeing offender.
:blush:
(09-20-2015, 07:47 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: yeah...but whats the point of posting this in this thread if you are not using it as evidence for you overall argument?

Maybe just another example of a high speed chase in a thread about them.

Exactly.  GMDino has become a disingenuous poster who hides behind obfuscation and plausible deniability.  In short he's effing useless in regards to a legitimate debate,
(09-20-2015, 09:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Exactly.  GMDino has become a disingenuous poster who hides behind obfuscation and plausible deniability.  In short he's effing useless in regards to a legitimate debate,

Rolleyes
(09-20-2015, 09:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

Well said.  No legitimate response can be generated.   Rolleyes
(09-20-2015, 09:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Well said.  No legitimate response can be generated.   Rolleyes

Yawn
(09-20-2015, 09:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yawn

Feel free to address points made, or not as seems to be your wont.
(09-20-2015, 09:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Feel free to address points made, or not as seems to be your wont.

So you can just ignore them and tell me I'm stupid?  Nah.  You just believe what you want and if I want to be called names I'll go back to grade school.   Rock On
(09-20-2015, 09:55 PM)GMDino Wrote: So you can just ignore them and tell me I'm stupid?  Nah.  You just believe what you want and if I want to be called names I'll go back to grade school.   Rock On

A lot of things can be said about me, that I ignore points is absolutely not one of them.  Further evidence that you are, indeed, stupid.  Ninja
(09-12-2015, 07:14 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.usatoday.com/longform/news/2015/07/30/police-pursuits-fatal-injuries/30187827/

More at the link.

This has honestly got to be one of the stupidest things I've had the misfortune of reading. How many police pursuits have occurred because of the POLICE? Very few, if any. Most pursuits are because some idiot tries to get away from police. That to me suggests that the cause of these injuries and deaths are to the MORONS WHO RUN FROM THE COPS, not the cops.

It's sad that people get hurt or even killed because some fool thinks he can get away from the police, but to suggest the police should NOT chase after them? Seriously? And this won'tinvite MORE idiots to run from the police which will mean even MORE injuries and deaths?

SMH :snark:
(09-21-2015, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This has honestly got to be one of the stupidest things I've had the misfortune of reading. How many police pursuits have occurred because of the POLICE? Very few, if any. Most pursuits are because some idiot tries to get away from police. That to me suggests that the cause of these injuries and deaths are to the MORONS WHO RUN FROM THE COPS, not the cops.

It's sad that people get hurt or even killed because some fool thinks he can get away from the police, but to suggest the police should NOT chase after them? Seriously? And this won'tinvite MORE idiots to run from the police which will mean even MORE injuries and deaths?

SMH :snark:

This!

Gmdino even made the insane point that if someone fleeing from the police grabbed a hostage to aid in their escape that would law enforcement's fault.  They shouldn't have driven the poor criminal to such extremes.

Adults are responsible for their own behavior, point blank.
(09-21-2015, 10:45 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This!

Gmdino even made the insane point that if someone fleeing from the police grabbed a hostage to aid in their escape that would law enforcement's fault.  They shouldn't have driven the poor criminal to such extremes.

Adults are responsible for their own behavior, point blank.

Except the police?  Ninja

Seriously though, I asked (repeatedly) if the policies in place that lead to the police chasing (not starting the chases) should be looked at.  If the risk / reward was great enough for even the relatively small amount of innocent lives that are lost.

So naturally that means (depending on who you ask):

a) I believe police should never chase
or 
b) I hate all cops

I've kind of lost track on which one it is today...although I'm sure I'll be told shortly by SMM.

Smirk
(09-21-2015, 11:24 PM)GMDino Wrote: Except the police?  Ninja

Seriously though, I asked (repeatedly) if the policies in place that lead to the police chasing (not starting the chases) should be looked at.  If the risk / reward was great enough for even the relatively small amount of innocent lives that are lost.

So naturally that means (depending on who you ask):

a) I believe police should never chase
or 
b) I hate all cops

I've kind of lost track on which one it is today...although I'm sure I'll be told shortly by SMM.

Smirk

A boss fires an employee for incompetence, the employee returns and shoots up the place.  In GMDino land this is the boss's fault.

A teacher catches a student cheating an a test, the student later kills themselves.  In GMDino land this is the teacher's fault.

A person lawfully pulled over by the police flees and the police pursue.  The person takes a hostage and kills them.  In GMDino land this is the police officer's fault.

You exonerate people from their decisions because of people engaged in their lawful duties.  You are a sickening criminal apologist.  Your obvious bias towards law enforcement is not merely evidenced by this latest odious thread against them, but by the entirety of your odious, myriad, threads against them.  You are so myopic and blind on this subject that you were the lone dissenter in a case that was so obvious even your normal proponents chuckled up their sleeve at you.  point blank, own your bullshit instead of deflecting, at least then you'd be deserving of a modicum of respect.
(09-21-2015, 11:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: A boss fires an employee for incompetence, the employee returns and shoots up the place.  In GMDino land this is the boss's fault.

A teacher catches a student cheating an a test, the student later kills themselves.  In GMDino land this is the teacher's fault.

A person lawfully pulled over by the police flees and the police pursue.  The person takes a hostage and kills them.  In GMDino land this is the police officer's fault.

In none of your little fantasies was the person being pursued jut in case they may have done something worse already? In none of your little fantasies was the person not already caught?

(09-21-2015, 11:39 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You exonerate people from their decisions because of people engaged in their lawful duties.  You are a sickening criminal apologist.  Your obvious bias towards law enforcement is not merely evidenced by this latest odious thread against them, but by the entirety of your odious, myriad, threads against them.  You are so myopic and blind on this subject that you were the lone dissenter in a case that was so obvious even your normal proponents chuckled up their sleeve at you.  point blank, own your bullshit instead of deflecting, at least then you'd be deserving of a modicum of respect.

Did I ever, in any post in this thread at all, say the person driving away from the police had no fault? Nope. But because I dared question the policy of the police you took it personally and blew it up into an attack on all officer every anywhere.

I don't care if anyone or everyone agrees or disagrees with me. This isn't 1+1=2. Its a question about policy and follow through and training.

Some people were able to have a discussion. Some (you) took it to heart and refuse to anything but attack the messenger. I think I understand that you aren't going to ever blame the police for anything. That's fine and dandy. I didn't "blame" them other than to ask if the risk / reward was enough to justify any innocent life lost so they can chase someone after a "routine stop" just in case they did something else.

Oh that's right: That "something else" was running from the police. Which still doesn't answer my question. But you're not GOING to answer the question. You will troll along about how horrible I am and I you "know" what I really mean because I had the audacity to post bad things about police. SMM strikes again!

I said I'd stop encouraging your bad behavior and I will.

Rock On
(09-22-2015, 07:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: I said I'd stop encouraging your bad behavior and I will.

Rock On

You two should just screw and get it over with.
:heart:
(09-22-2015, 12:01 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: You two should just screw and get it over with.
:heart:

This is the only topic with which I have this issue with him.  Either he's trolling, willfully blind or a combination of both.  He's the only one who doesn't see it as well.