Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
25 years
The description isn't about the Bengals playoff woes and how they haven't won a game in 25 years, no it is about how long I've been a fan of the Bengals and football in general. I've been a fan from all the bad years to the more recent good years, and while it hurts to be done with the season I'm still a fan, I'll remain a fan for as long as I'm alive. This is where it ends however. I know longer can be a fan of the NFL, it has become a joke. Yes we lost the game and yes the Steelers did not win the game on their own merits unless you want to include POS Porter coming onto the field and that pisses me off in it's own right. However the officiating and one sided biased bullshit calls have finally pushed me over the edge. I will no longer watch any NFL games, I will no longer support the NFL, I will continue to pull for my Bengals and will continue to discuss any and all things Bengals related. I will continue to be a member of this awesome fan forum, but as far as the NFL goes I'm done. Like I said above we lost the game because of ourselves, but no one, not one unbiased fan cannot sit here and say with an honorable notion that the game played on saturday wasn't one of the most unacceptably officiated games ever. I cannot find any rationale other than the refs either being blindly ***** clueless or they were pulling for the Steelers. Like I said we lost the game, but one can't help but wonder if the POS refs did their job the way they were supposed to, if it would of been us not the Steelers playing this upcoming weekend. Have fun and continue to root for the Bengals you all!
Reply/Quote
So, you're the reason. The Crowe curse.

J/K.

Guess nobody can call you a bandwagon fan.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The Bengals are in the NFL. Wouldn't rooting for or discussing the Bengals, since they're in the NFL, constitute following the NFL? I'm not following the logic here.

It was a tough loss Saturday night. Like many here I watched it unfold right on front of my eyes. A sure thing unraveled just like that. We were soaked and cold. We then fought traffic and listened to the locker room of gloom report on the way back home, where I arrived about 1:20, to collapse into bed a heart-broken fan. Yet, I'm not giving up. Hell, if anything this makes me could skip spring and summer and open the pre-season tomorrow and get the 2016 season under way. Ok, maybe not that soon.

If everyone who ever started one of these "I'm fed up" threads had to wait until August 1 to post it, none would ever be posted.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:08 PM)Crowe Wrote: The description isn't about the Bengals playoff woes and how they haven't won a game in 25 years, no it is about how long I've been a fan of the Bengals and football in general. I've been a fan from all the bad years to the more recent good years, and while it hurts to be done with the season I'm still a fan, I'll remain a fan for as long as I'm alive. This is where it ends however. I know longer can be a fan of the NFL, it has become a joke. Yes we lost the game and yes the Steelers did not win the game on their own merits unless you want to include POS Porter coming onto the field and that pisses me off in it's own right. However the officiating and one sided biased bullshit calls have finally pushed me over the edge. I will no longer watch any NFL games, I will no longer support the NFL, I will continue to pull for my Bengals and will continue to discuss any and all things Bengals related. I will continue to be a member of this awesome fan forum, but as far as the NFL goes I'm done. Like I said above we lost the game because of ourselves, but no one, not one unbiased fan cannot sit here and say with an honorable notion that the game played on saturday wasn't one of the most unacceptably officiated games ever. I cannot find any rationale other than the refs either being blindly ***** clueless or they were pulling for the Steelers. Like I said we lost the game, but one can't help but wonder if the POS refs did their job the way they were supposed to, if it would of been us not the Steelers playing this upcoming weekend. Have fun and continue to root for the Bengals you all!

Could be worse, we could be the Cubs ..... or teams like Cleveland that have never tasted the Super Bowl...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Could be worse, we could be the Cubs ..... or teams like Cleveland that have never tasted the Super Bowl...

I don't know man didn't the Cubs just make it farther in the post season than the reds have in recent memories, oh man and same with the browns winning a playoff game more recently then the Bengals...dammit now I'm depressed lol.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:13 PM)McC Wrote: So, you're the reason.  The Crowe curse.  

J/K.

Guess nobody can call you a bandwagon fan.

I was born on friday the 13th as well....hmmm maybe you're on to something
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:19 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: The Bengals are in the NFL.  Wouldn't rooting for or discussing the Bengals, since they're in the NFL, constitute following the NFL?  I'm not following the logic here.

It was a tough loss Saturday night.  Like many here I watched it unfold right on front of my eyes.  A sure thing unraveled just like that.  We were soaked and cold.  We then fought traffic and listened to the locker room of gloom report on the way back home, where I arrived about 1:20, to collapse into bed a heart-broken fan.  Yet, I'm not giving up.  Hell, if anything this makes me could skip spring and summer and open the pre-season tomorrow and get the 2016 season under way.  Ok, maybe not that soon.

If everyone who ever started one of these "I'm fed up" threads had to wait until August 1 to post it, none would ever be posted.

Not entirely, I guess that depends on how you look at it. It's like music, there might be a rap artist/song that I like but overall can't stand the genre same way I'm looking at this. Love the Bengals, hate the NFL. And I'm not giving up on the Bengals, I hope they come back even better next season, I'm just done with the NFL...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2016, 11:42 PM)Crowe Wrote: Not entirely, I guess that depends on how you look at it. It's like music, there might be a rap artist/song that I like but overall can't stand the genre same way I'm looking at this. Love the Bengals, hate the NFL. And I'm not giving up on the Bengals, I hope they come back even better next season, I'm just done with the NFL...

I found immersing myself in the games Sunday helped. Now, if the Steelers beat Denver and (God forbid) NE and go to the SB, I will join you in ignoring that game.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
This is the toughest part of being an NFL fan. You go through 5 months of games (counting preseason) and it can all be over in 60 minutes of game time. Now we have to wait 7 months for the next NFL season.

I almost wish I were more of a MLB or NBA fan, because then you have a 7 game series in the playoffs. With a series, you really feel like the better teams rise to the top. With playoff football games, you don't always feel like the better team wins all the time. I have no doubt that the Bengals are a better team than the Steelers. Yet here we are again. It's going to be a long wait.

I hate "moral victories" but maybe this Steelers game gave the players confidence they can win. They nearly did.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Obviously a 3 game playoff series isn't a feasible idea for the NFL due to injuries, etc, but what if they played 3 games that were only 1 half in length? Not only would it give us more January football, I'd feel more confident that the better teams would come out on top.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It is impossibie to follow the Bengals and not follow the NFL.

This post reeks of dumb.
Reply/Quote