Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill Takes The Blame For Andy's Injury!
How can you not love this kid?!

Now, he's saying that it's his fault that Andy was injured on the QB sneak because he (Hill) should have gotten in the end zone when he had three attempts:

Quote:"That goes back to me," Hill said. "If I get in there obviously we don't even put Andy in that situation. Obviously he's fine but you don't want to put your quarterback in that situation."

"I just had to get in there. There wasn't any debating it. Three times – I can't remember the last time that's happened to me. Maybe one doesn't work, but the second time I know I'm going to get in there. I'm glad it happened now rather than in the season where we probably kick a field goal or something like that. I'm glad it happened."

The thing about this is that he's said things like this before, and it's just him growing, being motivated, and being a leader by knowing that he has to put this team on his shoulders.

That last one is what really gets me pumped up because you can tell he's not just saying these things to be a gain spotlight by making a splash with his comments, it's just he knows what he has to do and he's accepting it without wanting to be glorified for it.

This kid is going to be GREAT for us this year!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How can you not love this kid?!  

Now, he's saying that it's his fault that Andy was injured on the QB sneak because he (Hill) should have gotten in the end zone when he had three attempts:

The thing about this is that he's said things like this before, and it's just him growing, being motivated, and being a leader by knowing that he has to put this team on his shoulders.

That last one is what really gets me pumped up because you can tell he's not just saying these things to be a gain spotlight by making a splash with his comments, it's just he knows what he has to do and he's accepting it without wanting to be glorified for it.  

This kid is going to be GREAT for us this year!
In my opinion he did score on third down....  But whatever.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I agree. I'm a big fan of Hill. Great size/speed ratio, and also tremendous vision. And Jeremy, please, work on ball security. Don't give Hue a chance to sit you down for a quarter. We could really cost ourselves trying to make a point.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:23 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: I agree.  I'm a big fan of Hill. Great size/speed ratio, and also tremendous vision.  And Jeremy, please, work on ball security.  Don't give Hue a chance to sit you down for a quarter. We could really cost ourselves trying to make a point.

Interesting we really could't get the overhead angle or a better angle to show 3rd down.

I say that after watching a lot of preseason games and hating the aerial wire angles that are unnatural views and kind of make me dizzy as they tape as the camera is moving and turning simultaneously.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like his taking this as a point of pride. Hopefully the OL does also as failing to drive it in like that on three straight plays was embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
I have nothing but good things to say about Hill. He's got heart and he's possibly the most talented back we've had since Dillon.

Can't wait to see if he can keep it going.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have nothing but good things to say about Hill. He's got heart and he's possibly the most talented back we've had since Dillon.

Can't wait to see if he can keep it going.

No doubt.  I don't even think it's close.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I know its the preseason and sometimes coaches call plays just to test out position groups and stuff. Still, I blame Marvin Lewis for tweaking Andy's neck.

It would have been better for Hill to run it a forth time if you're testing you're O-line or just let Andy throw one in for god's sake. Hill is just being a good teammate, it's not his fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:47 PM)jason Wrote: No doubt.  I don't even think it's close.

I think he looks like he'll be better than Dillon was.  
Reply/Quote
Did Andy spike the ball after it was a ruled a TD, and then stare down the home crowd in the end zone?  I could have swore he did, but I only saw the play once. It's not his style, but he should have done it if he didn't.

Sorry to change the topic...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I think he looks like he'll be better than Dillon was.  

You gotta remember Dillon did all of that on shit teams though.  He got a steady diet of 8 in the box, especially once Pickens was gone.  Hill seems a little more explosive, but I think Corey was a lil bit stronger.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:21 PM)BayouBengal Wrote: I know its the preseason and sometimes coaches call plays just to test out position groups and stuff. Still, I blame Marvin Lewis for tweaking Andy's neck.

It would have been better for Hill to run it a forth time if you're testing you're O-line or just let Andy throw one in for god's sake. Hill is just being a good teammate, it's not his fault.

Marvin and Mike are the two reasons we have been stuck with Andy, so that's legit. 

It could be Andy's fault...maybe? ...or the Bear's Defensive line?  Mellow

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 07:58 PM)jason Wrote: You gotta remember Dillon did all of that on shit teams though.  He got a steady diet of 8 in the box, especially once Pickens was gone.  Hill seems a little more explosive, but I think Corey was a lil bit stronger.

Dillon's 2000 season alone was incredible. 1435 yards (4.6 ypc) and 7 TD's despite having probably the worst passing offense in NFL history.

Akili Smith and Scott Mitchell combined to post the following numbers:

45.6% completion rate
4.89 YPA
2219 pass yards
6 TD's to 14 INT's
52.0 passer rating

Just looking over those numbers, it's hard to fathom a passing offense THAT bad, but Dillon was still able to have an amazing season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dillon's 2000 season alone was incredible. 1435 yards (4.6 ypc) and 7 TD's despite having probably the worst passing offense in NFL history.

45.6% completion rate
4.89 YPA
2219 pass yards
6 TD's to 14 INT's
52.0 passer rating

Just looking over those numbers, it's hard to fathom a passing offense THAT bad, but Dillon was still able to have an amazing season.
Was that the year Darnay Scott broke his leg too?  God, they were horrible then.  I'll never forget how Dillon chewed up Denver that day.  That game came out of nowhere in a shitty season.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Dillon's 2000 season alone was incredible. 1435 yards (4.6 ypc) and 7 TD's despite having probably the worst passing offense in NFL history.

45.6% completion rate
4.89 YPA
2219 pass yards
6 TD's to 14 INT's
52.0 passer rating

If some kind of matrix were possible where the crappiness of a team was figured in and total yards/YPC could be adjusted to it, Dillon would quite probably have the highest numbers ever in a 6 year stretch or whatever it was.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: I like his taking this as a point of pride. Hopefully the OL does also as failing to drive it in like that on three straight plays was embarrassing.

Of course we did not have the wrecking ball Peko in either
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:31 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: Interesting we really could't get the overhead angle or a better angle to show 3rd down.

I say that after watching a lot of preseason games and hating the aerial wire angles that are unnatural views and kind of make me dizzy as they tape as the camera is moving and turning simultaneously.

The TV crew said they thought he got in. But being pre season they were lacking camera angles. Not enough cameras.
Reply/Quote
I love that Jeremy was disappointed in himself for not getting in on the other three tries. He is something special and I am glad we have him!
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 09:37 PM)jason Wrote: Was that the year Darnay Scott broke his leg too?  God, they were horrible then.  I'll never forget how Dillon chewed up Denver that day.  That game came out of nowhere in a shitty season.

Yep. The top WR's were Warrick and Craig Yeast.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2015, 05:22 PM)jason Wrote: In my opinion he did score on third down....  But whatever.

True.... But even so leaders take the blame and hill is trying to be a leader here.

he could have simply said OL needed more push. But i can see a RB taking the blame after 3 chances because he believes he should have scored. and like jason said it really looked like he did score.
Reply/Quote