Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill- "Use me or trade me"
Calling MB the GM pretty much makes this false.

But if he is calling for it i would be all for it. Just would be nice if we had Carson healthy to take his spot.

Until then i would keep Hill around and use him as a goal line back.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's unfortunate that Carson is on IR.

Ah damn, that's right Bang Head

Still, if Jeremy wants out then get him out ASAP 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:26 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Ah damn, that's right Bang Head

Still, if Jeremy wants out then get him out ASAP 

Would certainly help us decide which RB to go with.

Knowing Mike Brown, he'd probably trade Hill to another team for another RB.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Would certainly help us decide which RB to go with.

Jeremy Hill for Paul Perkins seems like something Mike Brown would do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:27 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Would certainly help us decide which RB to go with.

Probably. 

I also think Mike puts too much trust in his buddy PA. If PA says the oline is all hunky dory, then Mike will believe it. And as stubborn and foolish as PA is, I'm pretty sure he is just fine with the subpar players he has.

If we are able to trade Hill, it's likely all we'll get is a draft pick or two. 
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Probably. 

I also think Mike puts too much trust in his buddy PA. If PA says the oline is all hunky dory, then Mike will believe it. And as stubborn and foolish as PA is, I'm pretty sure he is just fine with the subpar players he has.

But our offensive line IS ok. They just have to play better. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: Never let it be said that anyone ever wrote a click bait story about any player in the NFL ever..because you can't say things on the internet if they aren't true.  I'm just not buying it after 3 games in which we've seen a certain player going by the name of Hill actually playing with some sporatic gusto here and there which by the way is Marvin's coaching philosophy,  "C'mon guys! Get out there and play with some sporatic gusto here and there!"

It's probably written in their rookie contracts, "Don't demand a trade from Mikey unless you want to get traded to...well, the Bengals.." lol

I hate to break the bad news, but this ain't exactly Carson Palmer right before the draft saying he'd rather quit than fight. Cue the Terryton ads of the 70s.. 

I am going to go on record as saying with the right O-line this guy is a stud and if they do trade him to a contender or somewhere there is a dominate line he will be a pro-bowler.He has seen the misery of this offensive line coach who puts dumbasses in front of him and he is pissed off for getting hit behind the line all the time.He still has it and he will be a force when he gets behind a great line and with good coaching.He is not getting the right coaching here and he knows it.Number 28 will soon get tired of getting his wheels knocked out from under him before he makes a cut.He could have had 2 TDs and 200 yards if he had decent blocking.He did most of his work in spite of the line which so SUCKS.I hope they keep Hill and continue to have a 3 back set.Believe me I said it first,Jeremy Hill is a good good back,he is just tired of cincy and its stupid ways.Guy gets killed everytime he carries and that is why he has had nagging injuries,its the stinkin O-line,folks believe this.Watch Dallas and how they open holes for their back the great Ohio state number 21.So so sick of this lousy coaching staff.Only in cincy do we have such insanity.And the brownies will punch the shit out of us and Dalton will be on his ass looking up ALOT.The brownies are building a good team.believe this and I say look out its coming.
Reply/Quote
1. Well if this is true, Hill would join a lengthy list of Bengals to ask for a trade. Probably the longest list in the NFL.

2. Lets be real. Hill is probably better than his 3.66 YPC over the last 2+ years. This line sucks, the blocking scheme sucks, and our track record as far as running the football is abysmal. Joe Mixon has been praised for his talent. He's averaging 3.1 YPC. Gio Bernard hasn't been anything special here. He's had a couple long runs this year, but outside of those 2 runs, he has 13 yards on 13 carries. We are a horrible running team. I cannot put enough emphasis on HORRIBLE.

A trio of 2nd round picks, all viewed as some of the most talented runners in the draft, and yet we're still terrible running the ball. It's not hard to figure out.

3. We should've traded Hill before the season started anyway. Gio was healthy and it was obvious that Mixon is the guy for now and the future. Plus we have needs.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:04 PM)Gohards Wrote: "It is believed Jeremy Hill has told Bengals Head Coach Marvin Lewis and General Manager Mike Brown, ‘Trade me, If you ain’t using me' "

Don't you think that the site losses a little credibility when it says that?

Wow, nice reporting.

"It is believed"????

Who reports like that?  Doesn't even sight a source, just a personal opinion by someone that has no insight into the situation.

I really doubt Hill has said this.  He's on the last year of his deal, really doesn't need to do much, he's free after the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 02:32 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Probably. 

If MB puts that much stock in what PA says he is a complete idiot.

He cannot be that stupid. Everyone knows the O-line is not hunky dory, everyone, even MB.

Has to.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 03:03 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: He's on the last year of his deal

Which means he's not getting traded unless there's some team in dire need of a RB and for whatever reason Hill is the best (only) option.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 01:37 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Calling MB the GM pretty much makes this false.

But if he is calling for it i would be all for it. Just would be nice if we had Carson healthy to take his spot.

Until then i would keep Hill around and use him as a goal line back.

Not saying it isn't false, but Mike Brown is the GM. In 2009 he told the court that he gives himself a GM bonus every year since he took over the team. 

Which is probably yet another reason why he refused to officially give the title to Tobin. He couldn't pay himself then.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have my doubts that the report is true, though he my see the writing on the wall with Mixon. Trades rarely take place during the regular season (except when dictated by an injury), so I doubt Hill is going anywhere)
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 04:51 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If MB puts that much stock in what PA says he is a complete idiot.

He cannot be that stupid. Everyone knows the O-line is not hunky dory, everyone, even MB.

Has to.

... So as I was saying  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:25 PM)grampahol Wrote: Just out of curiosity how many Bengals players have ever heard about Mikey's record with players demanding to be traded? 
If I had to guess I'd say every single one that has ever read a newspaper or a website about the Bengals. 

Do you think we can get a first rounder and another pick like the last guy who wanted a trade?
Reply/Quote
This website is bogus. No use of quotation marks, so there is no official quote from Jeremy Hill saying this, and they called Mike Brown the General Manager
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
By all means trade him.

However, NONE OF YOU better complain when he becomes a top 10 back in this league somewhere else. You all want him gone.
Reply/Quote
If Hill being gone means we get to see more of Mix on pretending to eat soup after every run I say do it!
Reply/Quote
My response is the same as my final words to wife 1, wife 2 and wife 3. "Bye-Biitch!"

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 07:36 PM)Clep Wrote: This website is bogus. No use of quotation marks, so there is no official quote from Jeremy Hill saying this, and they called Mike Brown the General Manager

Yeah, this sentence is pretty telling:

With the arrival of Joe Mixon, Hill believes after just three seasons the 24 year old believes he has plenty to offer another franchise and will be actively looking for a new home if a trade can be had between the Bengals and any potential team.

LOL
Reply/Quote