Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill- "Use me or trade me"
i don't believe it.....

FAKE NEWS.... Smack
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 12:12 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Which team would give anymore than a 7th for him?  Whatever

packers
Reply/Quote
Not buying it at this point in time.

But it does not matter because he will be leaving after the season anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah it's a fake report BUT Steelers should give us a good deal for him considering he handed them a playoff win for nothing
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:28 AM)wcu Wrote: That would be beautiful. I don't think I can ever forgive Hill for that fumble.

It’s sad and not fair but Iv never forgiven him for it. To me if you can fumble right there you just ain’t got “it” no matter how much you dance and act like you have swag.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 04:48 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Yeah it's a fake report BUT Steelers should give us a good deal for him considering he handed them a playoff win for nothing

He'd fit right in with the goofy show boaters like Brown. 

Reply/Quote
My response, if this were true (which it likely is not): "If you hadn't tanked your value with your hesitation, soft running, fumbling, lack of speed and lack of versatility, then we wouldn't have had to draft your replacement in the first place. You made your bed. Lie in it. We couldn't get a nickel in return for your garbage ass. Good luck next year, but don't try making demands when you have absolutely no power here."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:34 AM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Can't blame him he is a good player and he should be playing somewhere.

He is?  Based on what?  A rookie season where he seemed to run with wreckless abandon that has long since been lost?  Not a good receiver, not good at blitz pick up, fumbles, doesn't have speed to get outside...

Seems more like a one-dimensional guy to me and that one dimension has been pretty sad the past few years.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:37 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: But Jeremy, I though whoever the bengals drafted would be your backup? LOL

Fine, trade him. I'd rather see Tra Carson take his snaps anyway. At least he runs with heart and determination.

Jeremy is a shell of what he was his rookie year. I honestly don't know what happened to him. He's broken somehow. Is he scared? Is he injured? Or is he just plain lazy? Sure, you can put some of it on the oline, but you can just see him fall as soon as he's touched. Where's the fight for extra yardage? Burkhead had no issue hitting the holes hard (giggity) and fighting through contact.  

Dead on.  The excuses about the line and scheme fall the way side when Sexy looked much better and Gio and Mixon are both significantly better receivers and at blitz pickup.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 10:41 PM)ah5 Wrote: packers

Ty Montgomery is lightyears better than Hill.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 08:17 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  The excuses about the line and scheme fall the way side when Sexy looked much better and Gio and Mixon are both significantly better receivers and at blitz pickup.  

What do receiving and blitz pickup have to do with the line?

Rex was a tiny sample size (1 start, 75 total carries). A blip on the radar. Meanwhile, there's 12 years of evidence that we've struggled running the ball.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 08:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is?  Based on what?  A rookie season where he seemed to run with wreckless abandon that has long since been lost?  Not a good receiver, not good at blitz pick up, fumbles, doesn't have speed to get outside...

Seems more like a one-dimensional guy to me and that one dimension has been pretty sad the past few years.  

To be fair to Hill, he hasn't lost a fumble since the Steelers playoff game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 05:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Not saying it isn't false, but Mike Brown is the GM. In 2009 he told the court that he gives himself a GM bonus every year since he took over the team. 

Which is probably yet another reason why he refused to officially give the title to Tobin. He couldn't pay himself then.

Is this really true? Never heard this before...
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 11:23 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What do receiving and blitz pickup have to do with the line?

Rex was a tiny sample size (1 start, 75 total carries). A blip on the radar. Meanwhile, there's 12 years of evidence that we've struggled running the ball.

Didn't struggle running the ball with Ced Benson?  (They had a vertical threat)

Didn't struggle running the ball Hill's rookie season?  (They had solid WRs and a solid TE)

Sexy just looked different.  He hit the hole harder, quicker.  Did you happen to hear about this new measure of a RBs speed at the LOS?  Hill was at or near the bottom, while Mixon was 3rd in the league.  In a game of inches, it matters.  

Mixon is getting ready to go off...I can feel it.  With Gio on the rehab field, he may have more opportunities this year.  I think he was just getting in to a groove when he slipped at GB.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2017, 11:21 AM)Takedown Wrote: https://sportstalk360.com/jeremy-hill-use-me-or-trade-me/

I don't know much about this site, anyone else hear anything about this? Stumbled upon this on FB, someone shared it.

If true, adios! I guess it's wishful thinking that we could trade him for an average guard/center/tackle? Lol

if you play well enough to have market value? Well....maybe such a thing matters.  we ain't doing real good and ANYONE playing SOLID.. is getting more Use. Erickson, a WALK ON.....is getting used.  Hint.. you get the ball.. refuse to go down.  I KNOW you have talent.. but.....right now I wonder if we should have kept Burkhead instead.
Reply/Quote
The Packers are currently down 2 RBs. I doubt Mike Brown would bother waking up to trade Hill for anything less than a 1st rounder, though.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2017, 11:13 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Ty Montgomery is lightyears better than Hill.

And hes now out for at least 6 weeks. I said packers because they have noone but montgomery not because he is better. Dude was bound to get hurt he plays too many snaps.
Reply/Quote
Have we figured out if this is real or not yet?
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 08:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Have we figured out if this is real or not yet?

Most likely not. Sorry guys.
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2017, 08:08 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Have we figured out if this is real or not yet?

Hasn't popped up anywhere else, so I think it's safe to say that this is false.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote