Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill's Reaction To Last Two Penalties
(01-15-2016, 11:06 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Eh, some of your guys tolerance for inferiority is different than mine.

So, if Hill continues his play this year (can you agree it was subpar, or not?) - into next year. How many games do you give him to "recover"? 1? 4? 8? All season?

Once you make an impression, it's hard to shake that, good or bad. So Hill has made a good impression for some of us, and has kept it; but for me, he's lost it.  

How long did you give Bernard the benefit of the doubt this year after his subpar year?
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:06 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Eh, some of your guys tolerance for inferiority is different than mine.

So, if Hill continues his play this year (can you agree it was subpar, or not?) - into next year. How many games do you give him to "recover"? 1? 4? 8? All season?

Once you make an impression, it's hard to shake that, good or bad. So Hill has made a good impression for some of us, and has kept it; but for me, he's lost it.  

Eh, your fondness for knee-jerk overreactions is greater than mine.  Guys like you would have ran Ken Anderson out of town before he led us to a Super Bowl with an MVP season.

When you watched Hill in 2014 did you see an extremely skilled RB?  Do you think all of those skills have just vanished into thin air for no reason.

Personally I think he still has the same skill set that made him an elite running back in 2014.  I think his problems this year were mental and can be corrected.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:10 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: As anything in life, it's what have you done for me lately.

You think the Colts should cut Luck based on the season he just had?
Reply/Quote
i hope they trade this kid asap. I have hated him since we drafted him and can't wait to replace him. Now that hue is gone maybe gio can get more snaps considering he was almost twice as effective as this fumbling mongoloid.

On a side note it absolutely drove me insane when gio would run for 60 yards and hill would come in to run a 1 yard touchdown and celebrate like his momma got the welfare check.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:11 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: How long did you give Bernard the benefit of the doubt this year after his subpar year?

Bernard was injured in his subpar year. 

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I feel bad for the guy.  He legitimately sounds like he's going to cry and like a little kid whose parents just died.

He knows that it's all on him and that we had our first playoff win in over two decades if he just holds on to the ball.

I still think he was down but it was just too close to overturn it, and it shouldn't have mattered because those last two penalties cost us the game.

In any case, it's big of Hill to take the blame and I have a feeling that he's in for a big year next season.

Based on Hill's year this year, I have no reason to suspect that Hill is in for anything but a crappy year in 2016. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I really felt bad, I know that I criticized him after the game but..

This just made me sad.

I hope he bounces back and plays with a chip on his shoulder and proves why he was considered a top 10 runningback once.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: On a side note it absolutely drove me insane when gio would run for 60 yards and hill would come in to run a 1 yard touchdown and celebrate like his momma got the welfare check.

If you want to have any credibility you can't say stuff like this.

No one will take you serious talking like this.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:04 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Based on Hill's year this year, I have no reason to suspect that Hill is in for anything but a crappy year in 2016. 

And you also think Andrew luck is going to stink next year, correct?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If you want to have any credibility you can't say stuff like this.

No one will take you serious talking like this.

Whats wrong the media make that tension so strong for you that you have to be PC on forums now ?  I mean i wouldn't want to offend anyone on a social medium full of troll pics and classless animated gifs.  I honestly don't care if you take me seriously because my point is valid and you sticking your head in the sand won't change anything.

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Down 
(01-15-2016, 12:03 PM)Okeana Wrote: Bernard was injured in his subpar year. 

CALLED IT!!

Damn this place is predictable.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And you also think Andrew luck is going to stink next year, correct?

Wasn't Luck injured? 

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:13 PM)Okeana Wrote:   I honestly don't care if you take me seriously because my point is valid and you sticking your head in the sand won't change anything.

Believe me, some day you will want someone to respect your opinion.  You can't get very far in life saying "I am right just because I say I am right."

I was just trying to help you out.

BTW I do not avoid saying ridiculous offensive comments because of "media pressure".  I do it because I am a rational adult.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:15 PM)Okeana Wrote: Wasn't Luck injured? 

He stunk before he got injured.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:14 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: CALLED IT!!

Damn this place is predictable.

you called that someone would use facts to evaluate a player ?  one player was injured the other was not.  gio has played well in the two years he wasn't injured.  Hill played well during a stretch when our receiving core was decimated and we were playing the run first.  It was also his rookie year and I'm pretty sure he had problems fumbling even during that stretch.  gio has fumbled once in his career and hill has fumbled 7 times.  Stats don't lie

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He stunk before he got injured.

So your saying his stunk for 3 games ? because he was out with injury in game 4 and 5.  I'm starting to see your logic at work.  Its logical to compare a running back with 1 good year and a career of fumbling footballs to a guy who played 3 good years and in his 4th year played 7 games total for the season and who knows how many of those he was playing injured trying to gut it out.  really just stop

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:22 PM)Okeana Wrote: you called that someone would use facts to evaluate a player ?  one player was injured the other was not.  gio has played well in the two years he wasn't injured.  Hill played well during a stretch when our receiving core was decimated and we were playing the run first.  It was also his rookie year and I'm pretty sure he had problems fumbling even during that stretch.  gio has fumbled once in his career and hill has fumbled 7 times.  Stats don't lie

If he was hurt he shouldn't have been playing.

Irrelevant excuse is irrelevant. He played terrible before he was hurt, while he was hurt, and after he was hurt all year.

You know who wasn't awful in 2014? Jeremy Hill.

And you're right - stats don't lie. Jeremy Hill has more rushing TDs than Bernard. TDs being the end all be all of stats, Hill>Bernard.

See how cherry picking is ***** ********?
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: So your saying his stunk for 3 games ? because he was out with injury in game 4 and 5.  I'm starting to see your logic at work.  Its logical to compare a running back with 1 good year and a career of fumbling footballs to a guy who played 3 good years and in his 4th year played 7 games total for the season and who knows how many of those he was playing injured trying to gut it out.  really just stop

So let me see if I understand your logic.

It is "what have you done for me lately" except when t is not "what have you done for you lately".  And it is okay to look at how a player has performed in the past except when it is not.

Is that how it works?  

Or is it the fact that you can not make any "welfare check" jokes about Luck?
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 12:31 PM)Okeana Wrote: So your saying his stunk for 3 games ? because he was out with injury in game 4 and 5. 

Yes he stunk the first three games. .  .  .  65.1 passer rating with 5 tds and 7 ints.

You are welcome for the education.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:31 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Continuation of the weekly "This is the week Hill is going to go off"? Evolved to a "This is the year Hill is going to go off"? Lol

I just don't understand how he didn't realize he needed to use two freaking hands on that carry. Also damn lucky he didn't get called for taunting on the AJ Green TD. Combine that with his sub-Trent Richardson of a year, and I am just ready to deal him to someone for whatever you can get and draft Ezekiel Elliott.

I watched Inside the NFL last night and after his touchdown, one of the coaches (not sure which one) came up to him on the bench and talked to him about maintaining his composure.  Put me in the same category of "two hands on the ball, get what you can, and fall down".
Reply/Quote