Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hill's Reaction To Last Two Penalties
(01-15-2016, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Believe me, some day you will want someone to respect your opinion.  You can't get very far in life saying "I am right just because I say I am right."

I was just trying to help you out.

BTW I do not avoid saying ridiculous offensive comments because of "media pressure".  I do it because I am a rational adult.

Rep.

I've seen a few people on here say that they go out of their way to do things that they wouldn't otherwise do just because it will offend people.  It's a childish problem with society....the need to be offensive just for shits and giggles.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It is a flat out stupid suggestion to cut Jeremy Hill based on one year of sub-par play. In 2014, he proved himself to be a top-level talent. So much so that there were several opinions around here that he was a top 3 player on the team. In 2015, he has a down year, with a horribly timed fumble, and you imbeciles want to cut him? Slap the shit out of yourself...
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:14 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: You guys need to seriously chill out on that get rid of Hill shit.

How quickly you all forgot he was top 5 in the league in rushing TDs.

One play is not all he is.

Actually, it is in his case.

He had one job, protect the ball in the most critical play for the franchise over the past twenty five years.

Instead of covering it tight, he tried to add yards.

He is the goat.

Everyone knows it including him.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:28 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, it is in his case.

He had one job, protect the ball in the most critical play for the franchise over the past twenty five years.

He is the goat.

That is a play that will stick with him for a very long time.  If not for the 25 year drought, which is unfair to him, it would probably be forgotten much quicker, but not in Cincinnati.  It could be talked about for the rest of his career.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:33 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: That is a play that will stick with him for a very long time.  If not for the 25 year drought, which is unfair to him, it would probably be forgotten much quicker, but not in Cincinnati.  It could be talked about for the rest of his career.

Exactly.

It is not fair to him. But it is what it is.

He is now "The Guy Who Fumbled", the play which started off one of the most outrageous meltdowns in all of sports history. When these things happen during the playoffs, they become part of football lore.

I believe that trading him might be the best thing for his career and for the franchise in the long run. I think it is very rare for a player to eventually come back as a "hero" on a team were he has become the "goat".
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 08:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He is only good for rushing TDs, that's fine, then why use him the rest of the game when he's clearly inferior to Gio?

Gio can't block as well, and goal line situation you'd think Hill would be better. This is one case where the stats (Hill's TDs) can blind you. You don't have to give up on him but demote his duties. He made a major mistake that lost us a guaranteed playoff win.

I thought he had a different run style than Gio.
Let's be honest, Hill is not the best in the league.  But he is far from worst, and arguably in the top half.

Bengals have an excellent QB, WR, and average to better than average RB.
The longer they play together, the better they will get.

Last year they had top OL drafts, so lets hope they pan out well, and can make key blocks to open up holes for hill as well.

In that playoff game, Hill made 1 mistake, Berfict made 1 mistake, Jones made 1 mistake, and Ref #132 made multiple mistakes which caused us the game.  Like I keep telling my friends here, if we showed up in the first half and scored 7, this would all be a moot point.  We lost in first half.

All of this said, I think Hill can perform better.  I would consider moving on if next year he did not show any improvement.
Reply/Quote
This will be his make or break year.
Reply/Quote
Hill will be back and he will be fine and closer to what he was as a rookie. He was getting better late in the season and it looked like he was cutting down on the silly over-the-top, constant celebrations.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:06 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Eh, some of your guys tolerance for inferiority is different than mine.

So, if Hill continues his play this year (can you agree it was subpar, or not?) - into next year. How many games do you give him to "recover"? 1? 4? 8? All season?

Once you make an impression, it's hard to shake that, good or bad. So Hill has made a good impression for some of us, and has kept it; but for me, he's lost it.  
Hill will be back and better than ever,his season depends largely on the O-line,which cannot run block.My BIGGEST concern is losing Hue Jackson to the stinkin browns.I just super hate that,and he will make them legit.This afc n.just got even harder to compete.The dirty birds will be back strong,they had a ton of injuries last year,Hue will make the browns legit and you know what dirty pissburg brings.Marvin Lewis does not have the killer instinct it takes to win.More time management,throws the red flag when all of us its wrong time,and takes a knee when he has 40 seconds left at the half.Does not seem to want to score as much as his offense could.I am not a fan of his going forward.I see us finishing second or third in this division with him as HC.They missed out by not promoting Hue.That will bite us BIGTIME FOR YEARS.Remember we had for the most part an injury free season.Do not expect that again. What really ticks me off about Lewis is he will not fight with the refs for his guys.He is a *****.
Reply/Quote
I hope the next OC knows how to use the two better than Hue. Open field Gio / Jeremy Hill grind the few yards out goal line.. I like to see this duo make better strides next year along side each other.

I really like to see GIO on some returns.. especially since we have burkhead.. in case he gets banged up a little bit but i think he could give us better field position than Tate 90% of the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:41 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Exactly.

It is not fair to him. But it is what it is.

He is now "The Guy Who Fumbled", the play which started off one of the most outrageous meltdowns in all of sports history. When these things happen during the playoffs, they become part of football lore.

I believe that trading him might be the best thing for his career and for the franchise in the long run. I think it is very rare for a player to eventually come back as a "hero" on a team were he has become the "goat".

I don't know that I would go so far as trading him, but I agree with your sentiment.  Burfict and Pacman have inadvertently taken some of the heat off him, but he will still forever be known as "the guy who fumbled".  It will be exceptionally hard to live that down.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 11:10 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He already made a huge mistake, fumbling the game away. That can't be erased.

And this is where champions make it or break it. It is his personal wake-up call. Will he rise to the occasion next time (as long as there is a next time) or will he fold, letting it get the best of him?

At least he didn't fumble 5 playoff game losses in a row - 7 overall.... Ninja
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 01:28 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Actually, it is in his case.

He is the goat.

Oh please - a young player making a young player mistake that MIND YOU Adrian Peterson made the very next day.

If you're gonna put all the blame on one guy's (admittedly monumental) **** up while ignoring 3 quarters of offensive anemia than you need your head examined.

Hill may be the goat in a bunch of your guy's eyes, but if I've learned anything in my years on the old message board and this one it's that many of you are so short sighted you wouldn't see the train wreck from the front of the engine.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Personally, I like Hill. I think he will have a fine career. But ultimately in Cincy, he will never shed the 'goat' label unless he comes into a playoff game next year (and it needs to be next year) and has a banner game. That would totally redeem him. It could happen, he has the talent. But that ain't gonna be easy. Cincy has to make it back to the playoffs. Then, he has to be the 'go to' guy in a game where any reasonably good defense will be keying on the run game from the start. As a fan, I would love to see that happen. As a realist, I don't think it is likely.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:54 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Oh please - a young player making a young player mistake that MIND YOU Adrian Peterson made the very next day.

If you're gonna put all the blame on one guy's (admittedly monumental) **** up while ignoring 3 quarters of offensive anemia than you need your head examined.

Hill may be the goat in a bunch of your guy's eyes, but if I've learned anything in my years on the old message board and this one it's that many of you are so short sighted you wouldn't see the train wreck from the front of the engine.

Billichek would release him the day after the season ended. He is notorious for his intolerance of fumbles. And he is not alone among coaches in the NFL. The NFL ain't easy on RB's who fumble.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:41 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I have no clue, either.

The hopes of an entire city depended on it.

I think that he just saw the hope and his mind went into "score a touchdown and be the hero to end the game" instead of "go down and protect the ball."

I'm not ready to give up on him because I think he could be a top back in the league if he just holds onto the ball and I don't think that Elliot could possibly fall to us anyways.
Yeah but Henry could - and that might be an upgrade too.  He needs to focus more on holding on to the ball and less on his theatrical celebrations.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:03 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Billichek would release him the day after the season ended. He is notorious for his intolerance of fumbles. And he is not alone among coaches in the NFL. The NFL ain't easy on RB's who fumble.

Hard to fumble a half deflated ball; of course Belichick would be pissed.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
I love Hill's reaction, for me it's really softened the hate for him. He made a monumental **** up, we all know it, but its clear he knows it too and is ***** pissed about it. Not just pissed but angry and upset. Inconsolable.

Thats exactly what I want my Bengals to be when they screw up. Hopefully it really sets a fire to his play next season to atone.
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 04:28 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I love Hill's reaction, for me it's really softened the hate for him. He made a monumental **** up, we all know it, but its clear he knows it too and is ***** pissed about it. Not just pissed but angry and upset. Inconsolable.

Thats exactly what I want my Bengals to be when they screw up. Hopefully it really sets a fire to his play next season to atone.

It means more to me that he's owned it unlike our stud goat linebacker.
Unhallowed, be thy name
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-15-2016, 03:26 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I feel bad for the guy.  He legitimately sounds like he's going to cry and like a little kid whose parents just died.

He knows that it's all on him and that we had our first playoff win in over two decades if he just holds on to the ball.

I still think he was down but it was just too close to overturn it, and it shouldn't have mattered because those last two penalties cost us the game.

In any case, it's big of Hill to take the blame and I have a feeling that he's in for a big year next season.

I feel bad for my initial reaction of wanting to cut him.  I think he's going to grow from this and do the work to be great next year.  
Reply/Quote