Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hillary, Hillary, Hillary
Link to the Stink

Quote:Former Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton’s emails contained “top secret” material, the government’s top spy watchdog said Tuesday, revealing that the messages were even more sensitive than previously disclosed.

I. Charles McCullough III, the inspector general for the intelligence community, said he has concluded two of Mrs. Clinton’s emails met the standard of “top secret/SCI level,” while other messages are still being scrutinized to see how secret they should have been.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
http://www.fas.org/sgp/library/quist2/chap_7.html#1

Quote:(1) "Top Secret" shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security.

Just FYI
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-11-2015, 08:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: http://www.fas.org/sgp/library/quist2/chap_7.html#1

Just FYI

Not quite sure what you're getting at?

'Top Secret' is the phrase used in the story. The inspector, according to the link, felt it's use appropriate. 
(08-11-2015, 09:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Not quite sure what you're getting at?

'Top Secret' is the phrase used in the story. The inspector, according to the link, felt it's use appropriate. 

I have no reason to doubt the information was TS. I was just making sure everyone understood the Government's classification of TS material and then ask themselves why anyone would transmit such data over their personal server at home.

(08-11-2015, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no reason to doubt the information was TS. I was just making sure everyone understood the Government's classification of TS material and then ask themselves why anyone would transmit such data over their personal server at home.

That's how I read it at first. Just clarifying. Carry on. 
(08-11-2015, 09:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Not quite sure what you're getting at?

He's showing the severity of "top secret" to anyone who isn't familiar with what it means. 

I think I just read that an assistant of hers is trying to delete any emails she has before a judge can order her to turn them over.

People don't trust Hillary.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-11-2015, 09:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I have no reason to doubt the information was TS. I was just making sure everyone understood the Government's classification of TS material and then ask themselves why anyone would transmit such data over their personal server at home.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/secretary-of-state-colin-powell-also-used-personal-email-account/

Quote:In a statement to Politico, an aide to Colin Powell, who served under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2005, confirmed that he too relied on a personal email account and did not know of any rules preventing him from doing so.

The statement from Powell’s camp reads:

Quote:He was not aware of any restrictions nor does he recall being made aware of any over the four years he served at State. He sent emails to his staff generally via their State Department email addresses. These emails should be on the State Department computers. He might have occasionally used personal email addresses, as he did when emailing to family and friends.

He did not take any hard copies of emails with him when he left office and has no record of the emails. They were all unclassified and mostly of a housekeeping nature. He came into office encouraging the use of emails as a way of getting the staff to embrace the new 21st information world.

The account he used has been closed for a number of years. In light of new policies published in 2013 and 2014 and a December 2014 letter from the State Department advising us of these polices, we will be working with the department to see if any additional action is required on our part.

This precedent was acknowledged by a Clinton aide, who responded to the Times report by saying, “Like Secretaries of State before her, she used her own email account when engaging with any Department officials.”

As for Powell’s successor, Condoleezza Rice, a source close to her told Business Insider that she did not use a private email address during her time in Bush’s cabinet, but that may have been because she “barely used email” at all.

“Secretary Rice rarely used email during her tenure at State. On the very rare occasion she did, her State Department email was the vehicle for official communication,” the source reportedly said. “She did not use personal email for official communication as Secretary.”

However, in another statement released Tuesday to that same site, State Department Deputy Spokesperon Marie Harf said Clinton’s successor, John Kerry is “the first Secretary of State to rely primarily on a state.gov email account.”

Not to say nothing shady happened.  I don't know.  But its no exactly unheard of.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(08-11-2015, 09:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.mediaite.com/online/secretary-of-state-colin-powell-also-used-personal-email-account/

Not to say nothing shady happened.  I don't know.  But its no exactly unheard of.

Good for Kerry to use a .gov address. Any government business should be conducted via  a .gov address. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(08-11-2015, 09:48 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.mediaite.com/online/secretary-of-state-colin-powell-also-used-personal-email-account/

Government employees are made well aware of the rules for transmitting classified communication. If any of them say "I didn't know" I would seriously question his or her honesty.

(08-11-2015, 09:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Government employees are made well aware of the rules for transmitting classified communication. If any of them say "I didn't know" I would seriously question his or her honesty.

Not a matter of "I didn't know".  Its a matter of no rule prohibiting it and others had done it before her.

Again, that doesn't mean nothing shady occurred.  I was just answering your question as to who would even think to do it.
(08-11-2015, 09:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: Not a matter of "I didn't know".  Its a matter of no rule prohibiting it and others had done it before her.

Again, that doesn't mean nothing shady occurred.  I was just answering your question as to who would even think to do it.

I think you might be mistaken about the "no rule prohibiting it" thing.

(08-11-2015, 10:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think you might be mistaken about the "no rule prohibiting it" thing.

No, no I'm not.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clintons-personal-email-use-came-before-recent-rule-changes-1425415233

Quote:Federal laws and regulations on preserving government records only recently have begun to catch up with how U.S. officials communicate, a fact highlighted by the public stir over Hillary Clinton’s private email use as secretary of state.

The Federal Records Act requires government agencies to preserve records documenting the “organization, functions, policies, decisions, procedures and essential transactions” of an agency’s business. But it was only last year that Congress passed, and PresidentBarack Obama signed, a law with a series of modern-day changes to improve recordkeeping and preservation.

The 2014 overhaul, which postdates Mrs. Clinton’s tenure at the State Department, placed explicit limits on agency officials using private email accounts for official business. The new law said agency officials can’t create or send a government record on a private account unless they also copy or forward the email to their official government email address.

The National Archives and Records Administration in September 2013 issued guidance to federal agencies that said federal employees generally shouldn’t use personal email accounts to conduct official business, except in limited situations, such as during emergencies when an official may not be able to access an official account.

That 2013 guidance, which also postdated Mrs. Clinton’s tenure, replaced a 2008 memo on federal recordkeeping that didn’t specifically address email records.

But in 2009, the National Archives did issue regulations that said agencies allowing employees to do official business on nonofficial email accounts had to ensure that any records sent on private email systems are preserved “in the appropriate agency recordkeeping system.”

Mrs. Clinton turned over 55,000 pages of emails to the State Department but only after they were requested in October of last year. That appears to have been a belated effort by the department to comply with the 2009 regulations. Mrs. Clinton supplied the email records in December.

“Both the letter and spirit of the rules permitted State Department officials to use nongovernment email, as long as appropriate records were preserved,” Clinton spokesman Nick Merrill said.

A State Department spokeswoman said the agency was in the process of updating its records preservation policies to bring them in line with the 2013 National Archives guidance. “We have no indication that Secretary Clinton used her personal email account for anything but unclassified purposes,” the spokeswoman added.
(08-11-2015, 10:05 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, no I'm not.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/hillary-clintons-personal-email-use-came-before-recent-rule-changes-1425415233

We will see.

(08-11-2015, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We will see.

Rolleyes
(08-11-2015, 10:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Rolleyes

Just read the last line of the link you posted.

(08-11-2015, 10:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Just read the last line of the link you posted.

Yes.  I said (twice) it doesn't mean nothing shady happened...along with showing you you were wrong. Rock On
(08-11-2015, 10:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Yes.  I said (twice) it doesn't mean nothing shady happened...along with showing you you were wrong. Rock On

Ok, we'll just disagree if you do not think there are any regulations that prohibits federal employees from transmitting classified information on their personal computers using a personal email.

Feel free to call we wrong for stating this. After all, you have a link that mentions nothing about the rules governing the transmission of Government secrets.

(08-11-2015, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ok, we'll just disagree if you do not think there are any regulations that prohibits federal employees from transmitting classified information on their personal computers using a personal email.

Feel free to call we wrong for stating this. After all, you have a link that mentions nothing about the rules governing the transmission of Government secrets.

You are absolutely correct. Government employees do training on an annual basis when it comes to PII, record-keeping, and classified/sensitive materials. It is not, nor has it ever been (at least within the past 4 years I have had in-depth experience with such things) acceptable to use your private email for official business or to store any kind of sensitive documents on an unsecured or private server. You can't so much as stick a USB drive into a government computer without it raising red flags... Even if only to charge your iPod. Many government installations (especially military) go so far as to completely block access to private email, altogether.
Could this be the beginning of the end of Hillary? With Sanders getting punked by the Black lives matter crowd, this could really spell dire times for the Democrat party..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(08-11-2015, 10:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ok, we'll just disagree if you do not think there are any regulations that prohibits federal employees from transmitting classified information on their personal computers using a personal email.

Rolleyes

Quote:The 2014 overhaul, which postdates Mrs. Clinton’s tenure at the State Department, placed explicit limits on agency officials using private email accounts for official business. 

ThumbsUp