Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Hillary looks to divide the country
He sure has words
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Trump's a turd, Clinton's a turd.

The only bit I find slightly amusing is how when everyone thought Clinton was a lock for winning, she was going on about how she was worried Republicans wouldn't accept the results when she won. How it would destroy the foundation of our democracy if they didn't accept it, or something like that.

I hated both candidates, so I had already prepared myself for accepting a big 'ol turd in office and just hoping for the best.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
(02-26-2017, 01:05 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Trump's a turd, Clinton's a turd.

The only bit I find slightly amusing is how when everyone thought Clinton was a lock for winning, she was going on about how she was worried Republicans wouldn't accept the results when she won. How it would destroy the foundation of our democracy if they didn't accept it, or something like that.

But that really was different. It was about not accepting the outcome by calling the election rigged. Trump reppeatedly said he might do that In case he lost, while she did no such thing.
(02-26-2017, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Websters defines resist as: to exert force in opposition

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/resist

Given the numerous illegal actions that have taken place in opposition of Trump's presidency, I think it is unconscionable for a political figure of Hillary's status to demand "her people" resist and do not stop. Given I have more respect for the institution than most. As much as I disagreed with Obama's policies in 8 years I never came close to the disrespect I've seen here and Nationally to a sitting President in only 1 month. 

And that definition does not refute my position. Trying to get people elected that will oppose the policy from the White House is a form of resistance, do you not think people shoukd be doing that? Do you not think people should be expressing their disagreement with policy to the administration and to their officials? That is resistance. Had she used a word like fight, I could understand. Had she advocated anything specifically that was against the law, then you'd have a point. Neither happened. You're opinion of Clinton was already what it was and you are using that bias to make this ant hill, not even a mole hill, into a mountain.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(02-25-2017, 07:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So a synopsis of your unbiased view on the matter is Hill's and Kaine's speech was just (I'm assuming you meant figurative) and not to be taken literal. Did you take the same unbiased approach to Trump talking to another dude on a private bus or did you take that literal?

I guarantee if Trump said/says we must resist the court's decision on his immigration ban you wouldn't find that to be figurative.

I have watched this forum flooded with misspoken phrases, exaggerations, ect... called lies. However when Hills of Kaine instructs folks to fight in the street or resist their government then it is "broad words"' figural" "context-sensitive".......... 

Words like "resistance" and "fight" are used in many contexts. Yes

A person may fight off a cold. One person may have more resistance to colds than another. 

Americans commonly speak of fighting for their rights without others presuming a call for armed resistance. You may fight for your right to party or hire a lawyer to fight for your rights in divorce court. Who thinks that means bring a gun to court????  

When the Tea Party created its RESISTANCE PLEDGE to block the never Trump movement, no one assumed they were calling for violence against the Republican Party.  http://www.teaparty.org/tea-party-resistance/

The REPUBLICAN governor in this article is RESISTING a GOVERNMENT POLICY https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/04/08/gop-governors-resistance-to-obamacare-is-so-strong-that-its-jeopardizing-his-quest-for-tax-cuts/?utm_term=.ed0dc5be7735   Even Democrats don't call him a TRAITOR for urging others to resist.

Were he to take your semantic theory seriously, MLK would have been unable to fight for civil rights with NON-VIOLENT RESISTANCE to government.

Unfair as it may seem, when Hillary and Kaine use language Republicans and Democrats have used for generations to signify lawful opposition/protest of government/party policies, you cannot suddenly decide they now mean something else and be all offended because some right wingers didn't call for ARMED RESISTANCE TO FIGHT OBAMA. 

That's people generate faux scandals, generate fake news, and everyday Trumpster Muddle.
(02-26-2017, 04:13 PM)Dill Wrote: The REPUBLICAN governor in this article is RESISTING a GOVERNMENT POLICY https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2015/04/08/gop-governors-resistance-to-obamacare-is-so-strong-that-its-jeopardizing-his-quest-for-tax-cuts/?utm_term=.ed0dc5be7735   Even Democrats don't call him a TRAITOR for urging others to resist.

I suppose no matter how many times I say it is different folks will continue to post false equivalent examples of Politicians resisting Government policy and how it differs from them telling half the American people to resist their duly elected Government. This is the point where I recognize the biased mentality of others and just move on.......

Or this thread could simply be a parody. You do know what that means don't you? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(02-26-2017, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Or this thread could simply be a parody. You do know what that means don't you? 

Parody sure invaded someone's lexicon recently.
(02-26-2017, 05:13 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Parody sure invaded someone's lexicon recently.
Is Lexicon an Autobot or a Decepticon ?
Ninja
(02-25-2017, 12:09 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Through "resistance and persistence"

Not sure how much closer to treason you can get without being hanged:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-calls-for-resistance-and-persistence-from-democrats-190228905.html

Invoking two of the most popular current mantras of the anti-Trump left, Clinton called for “resistance plus persistence” in the fight against the White House’s agenda.

she sure is a woman
People suck
(02-26-2017, 07:47 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Is Lexicon an Autobot or a Decepticon ?
Ninja

Lexicon is Lucie's preferred transmission brand. 
I found it interesting that David Brock said they can no longer rely solely on the media. Also that they were going to do all in their power to delegitimize Trump.

Bfine, you may have exaggerated though. Their idea of resistance seems to be wearing t-shirts and carrying placards that say "resist".
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-26-2017, 04:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I suppose no matter how many times I say it is different folks will continue to post false equivalent examples of Politicians resisting Government policy and how it differs from them telling half the American people to resist their duly elected Government. This is the point where I recognize the biased mentality of others and just move on.......

Or this thread could simply be a parody. You do know what that means don't you? 

LOL how does "resisting government policy" differ from "resisting duly elected government"?
It's not like Hillary and Kaine urged people to "march on Washington to end this travesty."

This is the point where it becomes clear you never had a point.

You twisted some common political phrasing into a Benghazi level hyperbole.

And then you realized just saying it didn't make it true, no matter how many times you just said it.
Unable to make your point, you accuse others of bias and move on. 
(02-27-2017, 10:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I found it interesting that David Brock said they can no longer rely solely on the media.  Also that they were going to do all in their power to delegitimize Trump.  

Trump "de-legitimatizes" himself. 

Republicans need to break ranks now, if the US is to be rid of him.
(02-27-2017, 11:14 PM)Dill Wrote: LOL how does "resisting government policy" differ from "resisting duly elected government"?

This is the point where it becomes clear you never had a point.
Of course I have a point you just keep missing it and try to mask your inability to comprehend or accept the difference with LOLs

The difference once again is that the examples you are other have given to try and draw comparison have a politician saying what he or she is going to do or not do. This is expected in political wrangling.

Hillary demanded the population resist the Nation's elected officials. She did this even though that very same institution has made her family extremely wealthy. 

I can only lead you to the water

(02-27-2017, 10:47 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I found it interesting that David Brock said they can no longer rely solely on the media.  Also that they were going to do all in their power to delegitimize Trump.  

Bfine, you may have exaggerated though.  Their idea of resistance seems to be wearing t-shirts and carrying placards that say "resist".

im sure Bfine thinks its the right thing for states to arrest peaceful protestors
People suck
How should we deal with these freeloading ***** bastards telling people to resist the government and tornados by talking in tongues to the bogeyman?
(02-28-2017, 09:19 AM)Griever Wrote: im sure Bfine thinks its the right thing for states to arrest peaceful protestors

My comment was more directed at the resistors.  Those brave souls who openly wear "resist" on their t shirts.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(02-28-2017, 09:19 AM)Griever Wrote: im sure Bfine thinks its the right thing for states to arrest peaceful protestors

I think it boils down to what one considers "peaceful":

Is carrying Banners that advocates killing Cops peaceful?

Is blocking roads and highways peaceful?

Is saying you've seriously considered blowing up the White House peaceful?

I think many folk misunderstand free speech.

(02-28-2017, 02:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it boils down to what one considers "peaceful":

Is carrying Banners that advocates killing Cops peaceful?

Is blocking roads and highways peaceful?

Is saying you've seriously considered blowing up the White House peaceful?

I think many folk misunderstand free speech.

if they arent rioting (breaking windows, attacking people, setting fires etc) or being violent then yeah, its a peaceful protest

sorry if you are such a snowflake that banners with mean words upsets you, maybe you should do like the president and get thicker skin

but then again, you think trans athletes should compete in the special olympics so....
People suck
(02-28-2017, 02:41 PM)Griever Wrote: if they arent rioting (breaking windows, attacking people, setting fires etc) or being violent then yeah, its a peaceful protest

sorry if you are such a snowflake that banners with mean words upsets you, maybe you should do like the president and get thicker skin

but then again, you think trans athletes should compete in the special olympics so....

Yes banners advocating violence against out Police Officers "upset' me and I do not consider such rallies as peaceful; however, I do not find them to be mean.

I will say you are in the minority around here acknowledging the President has thick skin and someone folks should look to emulate. Kudos for that

Of course the trans comment has zero to do with the matter at hand. It's just a mentality around here that folks think they read something and are compelled to repeat it. Some call it fake news.