Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hilton Roughing Penalty
It’s not the reason we lost, but dang, I haven’t seen a call dictate the end of a game like that in a while. What a killer. Who knows what happens if we get the ball back there.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely brutal call. Honestly I think refs should get fined when they make such aggregious calls. That said we never have should be in that position. I just hope this game was a fluke and the D shows up next week.
Reply/Quote
That was the worst call I've seen in a long time. I'll take the odds on Burrow running the 2 minute offense with all of his timeouts, at least to get us in FG range. That bogus call killed the game completely, so no one will ever know what would've happened. What was shaping up to be a potential spectacular finished was basically robbed by an idiot in stripes. Its just not good for the sport itself when it goes down that way.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:05 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Absolutely brutal call. Honestly I think refs should get fined when they make such aggregious calls. That said we never have should be in that position. I just hope this game was a fluke and the D shows up next week.

Not only should they get fined for terrible game changing calls, but I believe they should also have to have press conferences after every game and answer the tough questions to the media. A little accountability aint a bad thing.  
Reply/Quote
For about a year after Trent Richardson killed a Steeler DB with his helmet they were calling offensive penalties on that interaction then it kind of died off. It was awful, and while I get the idea of “it shouldn’t come down to that” it’s silly to act as if we weren’t robbed of getting to see a potentially awesome moment from Burrow. All plays matter in a game and simply saying it shouldn’t come down to that lets the horrible officiating off the hook for that to happen again in another situation.

Official accountability is horrible in the NFL, they should be graded immediately after the game and the report released like the NBA does.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:05 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Absolutely brutal call. Honestly I think refs should get fined when they make such aggregious calls. That said we never have should be in that position. I just hope this game was a fluke and the D shows up next week.

There was a retired ref on the radio a couple of months back who said that officials do get punished for bad calls like that, but I can't remember how they are reprimanded...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:12 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: There was a retired ref on the radio a couple of months back who said that officials do get punished for bad calls like that, but I can't remember how they are reprimanded...

They essentially don’t get playoff games if they are bad.
Reply/Quote
Those calls should be reviewable to make sure they get it right. No excuse for such a horrendous call.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
They could have called that on both teams all game. To call it then is simply stupid.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
That wasn't the only terrible call. That 2nd Jets TD was an incomplete pass. Even the rules expert on TV thought it was BS. They overturned the first TD, then the same thing happens again (bobbled the ball the landed out of bounds), and they call it differently.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It was BS but are we gonna cry about it for a while week? Lou’s dumbass lost that game easily.

We are against a QB who can do nothing but hit the RB and hit guys open in zone and we literally gameplan as if we were trying to lose
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:03 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: It’s not the reason we lost, but dang, I haven’t seen a call dictate the end of a game like that in a while. What a killer. Who knows what happens if we get the ball back there.

The officials allowed the Jets secondary to hold all game. There were so many uncalled DPIs and then to call something like that in that situation. They don’t even try to hide the fact that big money controls the outcomes of these games.
Reply/Quote
It was a terrible call. Actually could have been called the other way as it’s illegal for a runner to initiate helmet to helmet outside the tackle box. And he the Jet absolutely initiated it. But the baffling inability to stop the shirt passing game is what lost the game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:29 PM)Housh Wrote: It was BS but are we gonna cry about it for a while week? Lou’s dumbass lost that game easily.

We are against a QB who can do nothing but hit the RB and hit guys open in zone and we literally gameplan as if we were trying to lose

Tripp Sutter who made the BS personal foul call should not be allowed on an NFL field.  That Nebraska grad is one of the worst in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:15 PM)Au165 Wrote: They essentially don’t get playoff games if they are bad.

There was more than that.  I just don't remember what it was.
Reply/Quote
I hate imaginary calls much worse than missed calls.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:43 PM)fisherscatfan Wrote: Tripp Sutter who made the BS personal foul call should not be allowed on an NFL field.  That Nebraska grad is one of the worst in the NFL.

Nebraska grad (Sutter) screwing over another Nebraska grad (Taylor).
Reply/Quote
That’s probably the worst call I’ve seen all year.

That said, we put ourselves in the position of letting a bad call dictate the outcome of the game. Defensively, we have to play a lot better. Even after the call, all we had to do is not let them rush for a 1st down on 3 rushes. We failed. We deserved to lose.

A few of our weaknesses were exposed: oline play, run game, burrow’s untimely turnovers this year (also had one against the pack), and defense getting walked over at times. Gotta play better and learn from the mistakes.

We’re a young team, so I think we will only get better as the year goes on. If we would have won, we could afford to lose to the browns next week—now this makes it a must win. Dropping to 5-4 will put us on the bubble and we’ll have a lot more pressure every game. Not sure how good we’ll be at the end of the year, but I think we’ll be a serious contender in the years to come. This year I think we’re a contender, it remains to be seen how serious of one though. But hey, the Browns are in the same boat. I saw them as a contender last year, but not a serious one. I think next week will be a good measuring stick for both teams.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:57 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Nebraska grad (Sutter) screwing over another Nebraska grad (Taylor).

Bengals are 0-4 in games he has reffed.  Given our history not that bizarre, but the Jets are now 3-0.  

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/officials/SuttTr0r.htm
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:29 PM)Housh Wrote: It was BS but are we gonna cry about it for a while week? Lou’s dumbass lost that game easily.

Probably not. But it was probably one of the worst calls the officials have made all season and at the absolute worst time, basically sealing the game away. 

So it would seem silly to at least not discuss it among all of the other crap things which lead to the loss.

I think thats why the OP also said it's not the reason we lost...
Reply/Quote