Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hobson back with his first propaganda piece
If we truly remain inactive in free agency and scrape the bottom of the barrel, then I don't see the stadium being half full this season. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:08 AM)Au165 Wrote: I don't put much faith in the guy. He frankly has no clue and he even says at one point if Alexander was here Ced and Fisher would still be the guys, but a new coach probably will make his own call. Not sure how he says that then turns around and acts like Andre is a must resign based on that same logic. I think we see Boling stay at LT and we find a guard and center in the draft as they tend to have more value in the 2-4 rounds. We may resign Andre as a back up to Fisher coming back or we could look outside to someone the new OL coach has ties to come in and be the RT.

I wouldn't get too bent out of shape here. Hobson is historically bad at predicting our draft outside of calling Gio, but that was more so Marvin was enamored by the guy and went to see him multiple times.

Shocking  Mellow

So glad that delusional, stubborn A-hole is gone. Now if we could only get rid of a couple more...
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:15 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: If we truly remain inactive in free agency and scrape the bottom of the barrel, then I don't see the stadium being half full this season. 

It shouldn't be 1/4 full all season long based on the Marvin re-hire alone. 

Nobody should reward the Brown family for their blind devotion to a choke artist HC.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 04:54 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: I read it earlier....this is Hobson at his finest. Opining on what he thinks the Bengals will do and attempting to justify why they'd do it.

If true, we're in for a long off season.

Not sure why anyone is expecting anything to change after 26 years of history/track record. Hope for the best, but expect the worse until I see differently.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:18 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: It shouldn't be 1/4 full all season long based on the Marvin re-hire alone. 

Nobody should reward the Brown family for their blind devotion to a choke artist HC.

I would love to see a consistently empty Paul Brown Stadium this season. But, you know Mike wouldn't get the message. AND we'd get players berating and criticizing the fans for not supporting the team.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I would love to see a consistently empty Paul Brown Stadium this season. But, you know Mike wouldn't get the message. AND we'd get players berating and criticizing the fans for not supporting the team.

Like when Carl Pickens celebrated playing his last game as a Bengal, by sarcastically tossing his jersey into the stands?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wow.. if you're relying on Hobson to predict the weather I have one solid piece of advice for you.. MOVE! 
It's merely his opinion, nothing carved in stone at all..He's the editorial version of the public relations department and not the coaching staff. Relax. 

Wait, are you folks acknowledging that Hobson is actually right about the drivel he writes in Hobsons choice?  You probably ought to ask him for a hot tip on a horse race.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:36 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I would love to see a consistently empty Paul Brown Stadium this season. But, you know Mike wouldn't get the message. AND we'd get players berating and criticizing the fans for not supporting the team.

You're probably right about Mike but we'll never know. Plenty of tickets will unfortunately be sold  Whatever 

But the players aren't stupid. Sure, they won't like an empty stadium, but they will know that it has little to do with them and everything to do with how Mike Brown continues to embrace and reward mediocrity.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:51 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: You're probably right about Mike but we'll never know. Plenty of tickets will unfortunately be sold  Whatever 

But the players aren't stupid. Sure, they won't like an empty stadium, but they will know that it has little to do with them and everything to do with how Mike Brown continues to embrace and reward mediocrity.

I don't doubt that, just like I don't doubt Mike and Merv will convince a few players to publicly call out the fans in an attempt to get them to come to the games.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 12:54 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I don't doubt that, just like I don't doubt Mike and Merv will convince a few players to publicly call out the fans in an attempt to get them to come to the games.

True... Very very true
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 11:27 AM)Go Cards Wrote: If there was ever a year to change our approach on FA it is this year.

Solve the OL with vets and then draft whoever the hell you want would be my suggestion.

My understanding is, the LTs in this class of FA this year, are not very good either. Hopefully one falls out because of contract problems or something. 
My guess is the Bengals will grab a FA they wanted to draft 4 years ago, that has bounced around to about 4 teams, couldn't crack the lineup, because he isn't very good and proclaim they were active in FA like they said they would. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My understanding is, the LTs in this class of FA this year, are not very good either. Hopefully one falls out because of contract problems or something. 
My guess is the Bengals will grab a FA they wanted to draft 4 years ago, that has bounced around to about 4 teams, couldn't crack the lineup, because he isn't very good and proclaim they were active in FA like they said they would. 

Someone should remind them that TRADING for players is still allowed in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 04:48 AM)Trademark Wrote: http://m.bengals.com/s/30838/360?itemUri=1341131871/31160051551315141010248051212

Pretty much says nothing will change in free agency etc...Oh joy

And the Post Season smoke begins.

Believe NOTHING written on Bengals.com between now and draft day.

*smoke*
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:07 PM)Stewy Wrote: And the Post Season smoke begins.

*smoke*

Or ever.
Reply/Quote
Hard to get upset with Hobby, I'm sure he is just printing what he is told to say. It is hard to read his stuff though.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My understanding is, the LTs in this class of FA this year, are not very good either. Hopefully one falls out because of contract problems or something. 

You sound like you are specifically talking about Greg Robinson, former #2 overall pick by Rams in 2014 draft who was not good there and also with Detroit this past year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

(01-17-2018, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You sound like you are specifically talking about Greg Robinson, former #2 overall pick by Rams in 2014 draft who was not good there and also with Detroit this past year.

Call me crazy, but I have a strange feeling our "direction" in drafting and acquiring linemen through FA is going to change with the Piano Man gone.  I get the feeling through reports, that have leaked that he basically had total control of the OLine on the field and it follows that he likely greatly influenced the drafting and FA choices as well, likely due to the trust that MB put in him.  It just FEELS like this was a MB thing with the Piano Man.

Quote:Mike Brown:  "He's the expert.  He's been successful in the past.  He knows what he's doing." and  "No other coaches, and the head of personnel, you do not get to override the Piano Man's decisions.  I trust his judgement."

Feels like that is what was happening, and if so, there is likely to be a philosophy change due to a new OLine coach, an OC that now gets a say and a HC and Personnel guy that now also get a say in linemen.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:07 PM)Stewy Wrote: And the Post Season smoke begins.

*smoke*

when Hobspin says they will continue their policy of never signing a true quality free agent because of all the players they need to re-sign, saving money for injuries, rolling over cap space for future- you can believe that.

Ground hog day all over again.

They have a very hard schedule next year. If they do not make radical changes in personnel decisions they will be beyond lucky to win 7 games.

Bengals will be one of the three worst teams for home attendance next year and will lose twice to Steelers unless they sign one or two excellent free agents , hit homeruns in draft, and let the homerun level rookies play.

Not happening.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You sound like you are specifically talking about Greg Robinson, former #2 overall pick by Rams in 2014 draft who was not good there and also with Detroit this past year.

I was and didn't we also bring in a DE 2 years ago, can't remember his name, but I think he played for Clemson? He didn't stick though..  I just don't see MB spending money on a top tiered FA. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2018, 01:06 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Someone should remind them that TRADING for players is still allowed in the NFL.

Just not with the Browns.

How would you like to have another 2nd and 3rd in this upcoming draft?
Reply/Quote