Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson on Sirius
(04-04-2016, 11:42 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Atkins is one of the untouchables on this board, don't you even start now! Cool

(04-04-2016, 11:45 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Lalalalalala can't hear you! Lalalalala 

[Image: post-28514-oh-this-is-bad-gif-I-should-no-ABlL.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 11:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We've been talking about replacing Peko for years. Hard to believe, but soon (not this year) it will be time to have that talk about Atkins himself.

He did just turn 28.

Yeah, it's seriously a bummer to realize that 2016 is..

Atkin's age 28 season.
AJ's age 28 season.
Dalton's age 29 season.

Stay away, 30! We haven't won three or four SBs yet, damnit! Stay young for forever.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 12:43 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, it's seriously a bummer to realize that 2016 is..

Atkin's age 28 season.
AJ's age 28 season.
Dalton's age 29 season.

Stay away, 30! We haven't won three or four SBs yet, damnit! Stay young for forever.

Hell, I just want one.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 12:55 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Hell, I just want one.

At this point, a playoff win would be a blessing to me.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 01:12 PM)milksheikh Wrote: At this point, a playoff win would be a blessing to me.

With this collection of talent and this stretch of success, I think anything less than a SB appearance would be a disappointment.

I don't think I'm being a homer for saying that. A playoff win will be nice, sure, but this group should have a moment in the spotlight before they split up/retire.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 01:40 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: With this collection of talent and this stretch of success, I think anything less than a SB appearance would be a disappointment.

I don't think I'm being a homer for saying that. A playoff win will be nice, sure, but this group should have a moment in the spotlight before they split up/retire.

Before we can talk about winning a Superbowl, we seriously need to win a playoff game.

I am tired of fending off Bengals haters that constantly talk about us not winning a playoff game. I was so happy when I saw wlle were about to win a playoff game... then.. Hill f****CKING fumbled, oh well. I just hope we can win a playoff game sooner than later, the time frame is closing slowly.

A.J. Green is 28, Andy will turn 29, etc.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2016, 03:35 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Before we can talk about winning a Superbowl, we seriously need to win a playoff game.

I am tired of fending off Bengals haters that constantly talk about us not winning a playoff game. I was so happy when I saw wlle were about to win a playoff game... then.. Hill f****CKING fumbled, oh well. I just hope we can win a playoff game sooner than later, the time frame is closing slowly.

A.J. Green is 28, Andy will turn 29, etc.

We're fans so we can talk about whatever we want.  Cool

I'm just talking about the legacy of this group of players (Dalton, Green, Gio, Tez, Atkins, Dunlap, etc). I think anything less than a Super Bowl from this group would be viewed as a disappointment. I do agree that - in the short term - a playoff win would be awesome for us as fans though.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 03:20 PM)BigRed75 Wrote: Zeke will not translate to the NFL...book it. He is a byproduct of a scheme and deception and is not very good at catching the ball out of the backfield. If they take him with one of Fuller, Coleman or Doctson on the board I would be pissed!

This might be one of the most asinine things I've read on here. Nice try though by using words like scheme and deception, but no one is fooled. I sense a little SEC butthurt in your tone.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 02:44 PM)PDub80 Wrote: If they take Zeke.... MONSTER move. I would love it.

Run the ball like a boss, let GIO slide into the slot role, and D up.

Hammer or the nail? Bug or the Windshield?

We know which one the Bengals would be.

If the Bengals draft him, a center better also be on their radar....weak link to the entire line
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just can't wait for the draft. Im excited to see who we get and how Bengals evaluated players this year. I am glad their high on dawson and he can surely learn a lot from a guy like danbsy especially in the cover department.

As far as taking Zeke goes... well anyone on here who knows me understands that I hate Jeremy Hill. Jeremy Hill sucker punches drunk dudes outside of bars, forces teenage girls to give him and his friends blow jobs, and over celebrates every play. He is basically a 13 year old stuck in a man's body. He fumbles way to much and everyone expects to much out of him because he had a flash of good play in his rookie year. Gio on the other hand is consistent even with smaller roles, fights for every yard, and doesn't fumble.

With all that said Zeke is a stud both on and off the field with a great personality and work ethic. Hes a better blocker, runner, and person than Jeremy hill. Is RB a need for this team? no... That said I would take him in a heart beat at 24. He's a true top 5 RB talent.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2016, 03:12 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's not the same logic at all because Gresham only eclipsed 500 yards twice and wasn't reliable. It wasn't like people talked about Grehsam being the next best at his position.

In 2015 Hill tied for the most rushing TDs with Peterson, Freeman, and Williams. Hill also had the 2nd most rushing TDs within the 10 yard line in the league. Hill had more rushing yards than Morris, Lacy, Anderson, Ingram, Murray.

We're not stacked deep all over the roster. Behind Green we have LaFell and Tate. That's not stacked.
What about defensive end? You have Johnson and Dunlap, after that who steps up? Hunt and Clarke have done nothing.
Defensive tackle, we re-signed two players that contributed nothing and get love on the board but honestly do nothing on the field.

On running back we're stacked. We have Hill and Gio. Then have Peerman as a special teams ace and Burkhead who does enough to stay on the team and contribute.

We don't need Zeke on this team.

Oh, and NFL.com had Trent Richardson as the 3rd best player. CBS had him as 4th.

We have no reason to draft Zeke. You don't give up on a player who got 20 rushing TDs in two years. Oh, and that's ranked #1 in the NFL the past two years.

Jeremy hill is garbage and I can't wait to revisit this comment again after this next season.  Rushing for a 1 yard touch down doesn't make you a great NFL running back.  Every positive play he made this year was on the back of someone else getting him there so he can dance around like the moron he is.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:59 PM)Okeana Wrote:  He fumbles way to much and everyone expects to much out of him because he had a flash of good play in his rookie year.  Gio on the other hand is consistent even with smaller roles, fights for every yard, and doesn't fumble.

This is pretty funny considering that last year at this time haters like you were claiming Gio was garbage and way overrated just because he flashed some good plays as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 05:59 PM)Okeana Wrote:  Jeremy Hill forces teenage girls to give him and his friends blow jobs, 

You don't know that. He was an 18 year old High school senior and the girl was a 14 year old Freshman.  He plead to a misdemeanor that involve consensual sex with a minor.  Because he was so young himself it did not even rise to the level of statutory rape.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 06:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is pretty funny considering that last year at this time haters like you were claiming Gio was garbage and way overrated just because he flashed some good plays as a rookie.

You obviously need to do better research.  I have been singing the praises of Gio all year.   I would figure a Lawyer could at least know his facts.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:18 PM)Okeana Wrote: You obviously need to do better research.  I have been singing the praises of Gio all year.   I would figure a Lawyer could at least know his facts.

I don't keep track of what you say.  I was just attacking the logic behind your argument.  

I guess it was silly of me to assume there would be any consistency in your line of thinking. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You don't know that. He was an 18 year old High school senior and the girl was a 14 year old Freshman.  He plead to a misdemeanor that involve consensual sex with a minor.  Because he was so young himself it did not even rise to the level of statutory rape.

It gives insight into the kind of person your dealing with and the level of his immaturity.  This has clearly translated into career with him stomping around acting like a cry baby on the side lines.  If you want to use your logic then Greg Hardy has technically done nothing wrong either.

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:27 PM)Okeana Wrote: It gives insight into the kind of person your dealing with and the level of his immaturity.  This has clearly translated into career with him stomping around acting like a cry baby on the side lines.  If you want to use your logic then Greg Hardy has technically done nothing wrong either.

I don't even understand what you are trying to say here.

All I did was point out the flaw in your argument that a subpar second season means the entire career is ruined.  And your boy Gio is a perfect example of that.

For the life of me I can not understand what this has to do with Greg Hardy.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't keep track of what you say.  I was just attacking the logic behind your argument.  

I guess it was silly of me to assume there would be any consistency in your line of thinking. Smirk

How exactly can you establish consistency off two points of reference ?  I feel like your trying to argue a point, but not clearly stating an opinion.  Is this because I stated that Zeke would be worthy of a first round with our 24th pick and you feel its better spent on a position of greater need ?  I really don't understand your statement between me hating on hill and me hating on Gio?  So If I have an issue with one running back I must hate on all running backs ?  Shrug thanks for your input. 

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:41 PM)Okeana Wrote: How exactly can you establish consistency off two points of reference ?  I feel like your trying to argue a point, but not clearly stating an opinion.  Is this because I stated that Zeke would be worthy of a first round with our 24th pick and you feel its better spent on a position of greater need ?  I really don't understand your statement between me hating on hill and me hating on Gio?  So If I have an issue with one running back I must hate on all running backs ?  Shrug thanks for your input. 

Okay.  Let me try again just using small words and simple sentences.

Jeremy Hill had a great rookie season but slumped his second year.

Giovani Bernard had a great rookie season but slumped his second year.

You claim that Hill is overrated because of his good rookie season, but you never claimed that Gio was overrated because of his good rookie season.

Since you took opposite positions under the same fact pattern you are not being logically consistent.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2016, 09:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay.  Let me try again just using small words and simple sentences.

Jeremy Hill had a great rookie season but slumped his second year.

Giovani Bernard had a great rookie season but slumped his second year.

You claim that Hill is overrated because of his good rookie season, but you never claimed that Gio was overrated because of his good rookie season.

Since you took opposite positions under the same fact pattern you are not being logically consistent.

Oh i see now.  Life is much easier when you speak clearly and don't speak half way out of your ass because you think you're clever.

Hill has consistently fumbled in both seasons.  His success in the first year is directly related to our team going run first because of injuries and our O-Line carrying him.  

Gio has preformed well when he hasn't been injured.  I never rated Gio off a singular season that's the failed logic of Hill supporters not a realist like myself.

I evaluated both players equally under the same guidelines.  Again what exactly does this have to do with Zeke and are you simply saying that given the chance you would not draft a top 10 running back because you feel our team is better served by sticking with Jeremy Hill?  That is kinda the whole reason for the discussion.

Reply/Quote