Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson reports Tate will be cut so they can keep Core.
(09-01-2018, 04:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: BS, one of Core's main weaknesses is going up for the ball, this is Tate's main strength. It doesn't matter how fast
you are if you cannot catch the ball. Good hands are big and being bigger than the players in the Secondary helps.

Auden Tate was being praised by AJ Green for his redzone skills. Guess he doesn't know what he is talking about
either. Being tall and being able to jump are not just Tate's skills, it is his timing and the way he maneuvers in the
air that makes it rare. Core does not have this skill and i always was big on Core.

You sound to be overrating Core's skills.

Being able to go up, adjust your body in mid air and catch a ball with your arms extended, is not a common quality in many NFL receivers, and yes, Tate has that ability in spades. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 04:08 PM)McC Wrote: If being able to jump up and catch the ball over people isn't that big a deal, why do NFL QB's throw so many fades in the end zone?

If it is such a big deal then why aren't the WRs with the most tds all 6-5+ leapers?

Last year 6 WRs had at least 9 td catches.  Look at their heights.

D. Hopkins (13 td), 6-1
D Adams (10), 6-1
A Brown (9), 5-10
J Landry (9) 5-11
M Jones (9) 6-2
A Jeffrey(9) 6-3
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is such a big deal then why aren't the WRs with the most tds all 6-5+ leapers?

D. Hopkins (13 td), 6-1
D Adams (10), 6-1
A Brown (9), 5-10
J Landry (9) 5-11
M Jones (9) 6-2
A Jeffrey(9) 6-3

Add TE's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:05 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it is such a big deal then why aren't the WRs with the most tds all 6-5+ leapers?

D. Hopkins (13 td), 6-1
D Adams (10), 6-1
A Brown (9), 5-10
J Landry (9) 5-11
M Jones (9) 6-2
A Jeffrey(9) 6-3

Why are you focusing just on jumping? If that was the only criteria, why not sign NBA players? It's not as simple as just jumping.

Timing
Body control
Fighting contact
and doing all that while trying to catch a football

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Why are we still going on. Tate made the team. Let’s move on. The Bengals obviously thought having a 6th Wr that is 605 is a move worth doing.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are you focusing just on jumping? If that was the only criteria, why not sign NBA players? It's not as simple as just jumping.

Timing
Body control
Fighting contact

They are better paid than NFL players, so you're never going to see a guy jump ship like that.

With that said, football coaches do seem to go after former basketball players quite a bit...
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: They are better paid than NFL players, so you're never going to see a guy jump ship like that.

With that said, football coaches do seem to go after former basketball players quite a bit...

I know. It was just a silly reply to a silly post.

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 06:55 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me 2

I don't know why but I've really been pulling for the guy. I just have this gut feeling the guy is gonna develop into a possession/redzone weapon that will make us very dangerous ! AJ, Eifert, Boyd, Mixon, Tate all on field at the 5.

Thats what i'm talkin' bout. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2018, 10:48 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like i said, they'd have to be complete morons to release Tate with some of the schlubs that have been kept around here too long. None of them have had his ability.

They already released Brian Hill, I'm sure they'll easily let go Tate.  Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 09:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Being able to go up, adjust your body in mid air and catch a ball with your arms extended, is not a common quality in many NFL receivers, and yes, Tate has that ability in spades. 

(09-02-2018, 02:45 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why are you focusing just on jumping? If that was the only criteria, why not sign NBA players? It's not as simple as just jumping.

Timing
Body control
Fighting contact

So true Rfaulk, there is a lot that goes into this skill set.

AJ does though of course who is another tall receiver that Fred coincidently leaves out of his posts.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 02:58 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: They already released Brian Hill, I'm sure they'll easily let go Tate.  Sad

Brian Hill is going the the Practice Squad and Tate is on the roster Bengalitis. Its all good man. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brian Hill is going the the Practice Squad and Tate is on the roster Bengalitis. Its all good man. Mellow

Phewww.. that is great news! Things are moving so quickly. Yes Yes Yes
Reply/Quote
Honestly, This thread was just crazy, All because Blow Hard Hobspin said we would cut Tate everyone was at each others throats and then low and behold he was talking shit again!!
We really need to wait until these things are facts before going mad and not going on the word of the most unreliable sports writer ever
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 09:23 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Honestly, This thread was just crazy, All because Blow Hard Hobspin said we would cut Tate everyone was at each others throats and then low and behold he was talking shit again!!
We really need to wait until these things are facts before going mad and not going on the word of the most unreliable sports writer ever

That would be the sensible thing to do.  But nobody ever said we were sensible.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true Rfaulk, there is a lot that goes into this skill set.

AJ does though of course who is another tall receiver that Fred coincidently leaves out of his posts.

Again though, if he was as amazing a target as people on this board thinks dont you think his stats would indicate that? They simply dont and he has showed nothing in actual games to prove he's going to be an unstoppable touchdown machine. Fingers crossed I'm proved wrong though!
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2018, 03:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: #6 WR rarely sees the field.

Key ST players can play a dozen snaps.

I am not saying Core is a great WR, but Tate is a little over rated around here.  Seems like every year fans fall for a rookie WR "beast" who was either a late pick or undrafted.

They never go to other teams and become good players.

I saw last year's WR who could be Randy Moss block a punt in the cfl recently .
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2018, 12:24 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Again though, if he was as amazing a target as people on this board thinks dont you think his stats would indicate that? They simply dont and he has showed nothing in actual games to prove he's going to be an unstoppable touchdown machine. Fingers crossed I'm proved wrong though!

He def has a long way to go to be a reliable target but the talent is there to refine.

Reply/Quote
Well Tate fans your wet dream is primed and ready for launch.. What Mike Brown hasn't told Bengals fans is he's signed your mothers to wake you all up in the 4th quarter of every game to ask just want you're doing under those blankets . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 03:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Brian Hill is going the the Practice Squad 

Liar...lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2018, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: AJ does though of course who is another tall receiver that Fred coincidently leaves out of his posts.

Yeah, right, Tate is as tall as A J so they are the same.

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote