Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson said what?
(03-09-2017, 02:55 PM)Okeana Wrote: Now you're coming around =)  Just think this time next year we may actually get a good head coach things are looking up!

What I hope they don't do is make a panic move in the draft to read to fill an offensive line position.

We're more than 1 player away.

IF they think Fournette or Foster can be a star...draft them.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Prototype T who won the Outland trophy is a top half of the first round T.

I think he is better than most fans give him credit. I think he could step in and be a Day 1 starter at RT, allowing Ogbuehi and Fisher to battle it out for LT. BUT, the oIf the field stuff has got to check out, otherwise, no thanks. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:41 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Prototype T who won the Outland trophy is a top half of the first round T.

I'm not sure about that.  I've seen Robinson mocked near the end of the first half and some have questioned if he might have to move to guard at the NFL level.  Supposed to be a much better run blocker than pass, which sounds like a right tackle to me.
Reply/Quote
Just my 2 cents, but I'd be very surprised if we take a tackle in the first. Anywhere in the first.

They liked Ogie enough to draft him hurt. Until he gets a full season (camps through first several games), they aren't going to give up on him. There's a handful of linemen that all got a few seasons to sink or swim. Ogie will get his at LT this year.

I expect they'll take a tackle somewhere to develop, but I don't see them burning a first round pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 03:15 PM)Benton Wrote: Just my 2 cents, but I'd be very surprised if we take a tackle in the first. Anywhere in the first.

They liked Ogie enough to draft him hurt. Until he gets a full season (camps through first several games), they aren't going to give up on him. There's a handful of linemen that all got a few seasons to sink or swim. Ogie will get his at LT this year.

I expect they'll take a tackle somewhere to develop, but I don't see them burning a first round pick.

Yeah, the McCarron for Richardson talk makes me think we're plugging the whole at DE via FA because none of the DEs worth drafting at 9 will be there at 9. I really do think we're aiming at Foster or Fournette. I wouldn't be mad at OJ Howard. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:40 PM)Shady Wrote: Yeah, the McCarron for Richardson talk makes me think we're plugging the whole at DE via FA because none of the DEs worth drafting at 9 will be there at 9. I really do think we're aiming at Foster or Fournette. I wouldn't be mad at OJ Howard. 

That "rumor" was started by a fan on twitter.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 04:43 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That "rumor" was started by a fan on twitter.

You mean it wasn't Paul Dehner the guy who predicted Whit would return? 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 05:32 PM)Shady Wrote: You mean it wasn't Paul Dehner the guy who predicted Whit would return? 

He owes us 5 mocks now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Hobspin is already at it projecting Comp picks for next year. Really it seems like that's all they give a shit about when free agency, how many and how high comp picks will we get.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:54 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Hobspin is already at it projecting Comp picks for next year. Really it seems like that's all they give a shit about when free agency, how many and how high comp picks will we get.

I wasn't that pissed off until I read his bullshit.

Eat shit Hobson. 

We signed Kirk for 10 mil Lafell for 5 mil so we only have 2-3 mil left..... And then he goes on to say they figure to look at resigning Winston. How about you scoop my eye out with a spoon and then piss in the empty socket.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Valid points...and truthfully...I think Whitworth will start to decline soon.

Fournette may make a lot of sense now in the draft.

If the Richardson trade goes through...drafting Foster might make sense as we'd have a loaded defense.

I'm sorry but I don't see a loaded defense I see holes everywhere 
I see an over aged DT in Peko that I hope they don't bring back because he been slow as my grandma and she's been dead for years 
The worst middle LB in the NFL a Sam LB that's passed his prime RE that can't get pressure on QB and two SS playing the safety positions no FS for covering the field 
So now I want to know where you get this loaded defense from?????
Reply/Quote
I don't see them drafting a tackle so soon after taking Ogaboo and Fish 1-2 so recently. Free agency looks like slim pickings already. So it's either a trade or ride with Ogbuehi.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 02:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What I hope they don't do is make a panic move in the draft to read to fill an offensive line position.

We're more than 1 player away.

IF they think Fournette or Foster can be a star...draft them.

Nope, I can see them trading back for a T, the frustrating thing about this team is the way they half ass things, no creativity with contracts, no sense of urgency to win now. Whit should have been locked in a contract till he retired. They should have tried to get a deal done with Zeitler last year. This is a great draft to improve this defense, and a weak draft for O lineman so of course they let the line go to shit. If they are that confident in the players they have now to replace them then stick to it you pricks, don't waste draft picks reaching for an average lineman while taking yourself out of a perfect spot to pick up a true play maker. It's almost like Whit and Zeitler being FA's just came out of nowhere, caught them of guard. How the hell is this team ever going to get over the hump by just replacing proven players rather than adding young talent to. This team has so many holes now it's a joke. Could have added some promising Players on the DL and LB but now they have to reach. Good draft for RB and TE's also but oh well. Shit shit....I'm done ranting. Where the hell is the Tylenol.
Reply/Quote
In the most recent Bengals article Hobson also said the Bengals are down to 2-3 million for free agent signings after locking up Kirkpatrick and Lafell. FML
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 11:54 PM)NKYRob Wrote: In the most recent  Bengals article Hobson also said the Bengals are down to 2-3 million for free agent signings after locking up Kirkpatrick and Lafell. FML

Meanwhile teams with the same amount of cap space as us signed multiple expensive free agents.

Kirkpatrick got a huge signing bonus. My guess is they front-loaded it.
Reply/Quote
Strange how so many people think every player has to be drafted in the first round to every be any good. It's not AS IF there has never a really good offensive lineman drafted later than round 1. There's 22 players on the field on every single play and they can't all be 1st round picks. It makes me wonder why they don't just let every team pick 11 players in the first round and eliminate the rest of the rounds. Problem solved. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 10:57 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: I'm sorry but I don't see a loaded defense I see holes everywhere 
I see an over aged DT in Peko that I hope they don't bring back because he been slow as my grandma and she's been dead for years 
The worst middle LB in the NFL a Sam LB that's passed his prime RE that can't get pressure on QB and two SS playing the safety positions no FS for covering the field 
So now I want to know where you get this loaded defense from?????

Your right this D is bad. This is the draft to fix it. Don't forget that 2 of our best players in D can't be relied on. Hell one might be in jail. Even with the holes I would have rather kept Whit or Zeitler over Dre. It's amazing that the positions we drafted in the first round the past few years are our most pressing needs. For a coach who I hope is on his last year, he sure doesn't seem like He's in must win now mode. I see an extension coming for Marvin any day now.
Reply/Quote