Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hobson says expect changes to coaching staff
(01-02-2018, 08:19 PM)kevin Wrote: Lasor took over one of the worst offenses in NFL history and got 7-7 out of them....You don't want to hear that do you...You don't want to hear how awful the players Mike Brown had on offense were....You want to think these players are great and we only need coaching changes....Well, the Bengals offensive players stink, especially at O Line, but RB and WR over rated by Bengals fans. ..Tony Romo covering Bengals games liked what Lasor was doing....I liked what Lasor was doing....Only an idiot would fire Lasor after going 7-7 after taking over one of the worst offenses in NFL history.  ( the no touchdowns in first 2 games put them with a 1930's team as worst start ever. Bengals truly sucked before Lasor was hired ). 

I've already responded in another thread of yours where team record is not a good indicator of offensive success. The offense was still abysmal in most games.
And if you're going to use team record to indicate offensive success, Zampese still went 6-11-1 with about the same offense.

Do I think Lazor is better than Zampese? Absolutely.
Do I think he's a great OC? Nope.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Lazor has done nothing, I repeat, nothing to earn a second contract as OC. So he put out some fires on a sinking ship. Big whoop.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:19 PM)kevin Wrote: Lasor took over one of the worst offenses in NFL history and got 7-7 out of them....You don't want to hear that do you...You don't want to hear how awful the players Mike Brown had on offense were....You want to think these players are great and we only need coaching changes....Well, the Bengals offensive players stink, especially at O Line, but RB and WR over rated by Bengals fans. ..Tony Romo covering Bengals games liked what Lasor was doing....I liked what Lasor was doing....Only an idiot would fire Lasor after going 7-7 after taking over one of the worst offenses in NFL history.  ( the no touchdowns in first 2 games put them with a 1930's team as worst start ever. Bengals truly sucked before Lasor was hired ). 

How many points did the offense score in the 2nd half for his 14 games? Going from putrid to awful isn’t good enough.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
You are right. He got us all the way up to the 32nd ranked offense. All those teams below us would love to have him. 
Reply/Quote
Who cares? The common denominator of failure is still helming the ship. I don't care who he blames his latest failure on.
Reply/Quote
Will Lippencott and Marvs own son still have a spot on this coaching staff?
Gee golly i sure hope so
Reply/Quote
What does that do? We've had good coordinators under Marvin and got nowhere with him. Marvin and Brown are the only constant, of course you can't fire the owner but damn, Marvin for 2 more years? Makes no sense whatsoever. I really thought he would stay on as a GM.

The only thing that makes sense is Mike Brown sabotaging his own franchise by driving away fans so he has an excuse to move the team. That's it. There is no other logic from a business standpoint, and there damn sure is no Willingness to win.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You are right. He got us all the way up to the 32nd ranked offense. All those teams below us would love to have him. 

They must have been like 40th before he took over.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Look, if Hobson tells you to expect changes, there WILL be changes dammit!

You don't get to where he is without having that super duty, ultra insider information psychic ability.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 08:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Lazor has done nothing, I repeat, nothing to earn a second contract as OC.  So he put out some fires on a sinking ship.  Big whoop.

and I would like to see Lasor have at least one season of training camps and preseason...at least one....Again, you people don't want to hear how awful the Bengals offense was before Lasor came in.  You don't want to hear how Mike Browns offensive line moves completely failed. You don't want to hear that Eifert, Ross missed all of the season, Hill missed most of the season, Mixon missed a lot of the season, Kroft injured some. NO BLOCKING and LACK OF TALENTED PLAYERS...You people don't want to hear the truth.  You want to pretend the Bengals players are better than they really are. ...Tony Romo liked what Lasor was doing.  OK, the play-off teams just blew Mike Browns Cheap O Line away, except at end when Lasor O Line changes helped beat Lions and Ravens.  Win over Bills was a also a nice win.....LASOR HAS DONE PLENTY TO DESERVE AT LEAST ONE TRAINING CAMP AND PRESEASON HERE.  TO NEVER GIVE HIM ONE PRESEASON WOULD INDEED BE STUPID.....Those saying there was no improvement from Zampese to Lasor is just total BS. You know there was improvement from that 0-2 start with no touchdowns. You know it. With this awful O Line, they should give Lasor at least one preseason for Dalton coming out of season healthy with no blocking. You add in that they went 7-7 with Lasor, and the man deserves at least one training camp and preseason. It's stupid to think otherwise.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Does anyone really believe there will be upgrades to this fiasco? Mike Brown has got to be the worst owner/meddler in professional sports. The shit show rolls on. Who’s up for it?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:35 PM)kevin Wrote: I
and I would like to see Lasor have at least one season of training camps and preseason...at least one....Again, you people don't want to hear how awful the Bengals offense was before Lasor came in.  You don't want to hear how Mike Browns offensive line moves completely failed. You don't want to hear that Eifert, Ross missed all of the season, Hill missed most of the season, Mixon missed a lot of the season, Kroft injured some. NO BLOCKING and LACK OF TALENTED PLAYERS...You people don't want to hear the truth.  You want to pretend the Bengals players are better than they really are. ...Tony Romo liked what Lasor was doing.  OK, the play-off teams just blew Mike Browns Cheap O Line away, except at end when Lasor O Line changes helped beat Lions and Ravens.  Win over Bills was a also a nice win.....LASOR HAS DONE PLENTY TO DESERVE AT LEAST ONE TRAINING CAMP AND PRESEASON HERE.  TO NEVER GIVE HIM ONE PRESEASON WOULD INDEED BE STUPID. 

No, he really hasn't.  

There is no justifying keeping an OC who coached fourteen games and ended up fielding one of the worst offensive unit in the Super Bowl era.  An offensive unit ranked dead last in nearly every category.  An offensive unit that disappeared in the second half of games almost all season long.  

I'm tired of this team constantly giving people second chances.  I don't want to see another year of AJ Green's prime wasted on a guy that might pan out despite all evidence to the contrary.  If you want to win now, makes moves to ***** win now.  Re-signing Lazor is not the right move.  
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:23 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They must have been like 40th before he took over.

Yes there were a couple of practice squad units that were ranking higher somewhere.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:42 PM)Big Boss Wrote: No, he really hasn't.  

There is no justifying keeping an OC who coached fourteen games and ended up fielding one of the worst offensive unit in the Super Bowl era.  An offensive unit ranked dead last in nearly every category.  An offensive unit that disappeared in the second half of games almost all season long.  

I'm tired of this team constantly giving people second chances.  I don't want to see another year of AJ Green's prime wasted on a guy that might pan out despite all evidence to the contrary.  If you want to win now, makes moves to ***** win now.  Re-signing Lazor is not the right move.  
That's just stupid.  Without one training camp and preseason he hasn't had his first chance yet, let alone a second chance.. You are being ignorant of the fact he took over a team with the worst offensive line in NFL thanks to Mike Brown in off season. You are being ignorant of the fact Lasor took over a team that set an NFL record in futility starting season with no touchdowns before he came here.  You act like he should walked in here and instantly made this awful offense a play-off team, which is crazy.  Tony Romo liked Lasor offense and I'll take his opinion over some of you peoples on here and over Bengals front office if he isn't kept.  ...Give Lasor at least one training camp and preseason.   Yes, I want to win now, and keeping Lasor and bringing in better players, better blockers is the Right Move.  Keep Lasor, and address losing Whitworth and Zeitler which is the real problem. Get some blockers and give this Lasor at least one training camp and preseason. Again, Tony Romo saw a lot of good things Lasor was doing. I saw an improvement also, even if some of you didn't. Some of you are just in denial of how awful the Bengals were before Lasor came in. The man came in during the season with no blocking and made improvements. You people act like he should have came in during awful season and like Santa Clause bring play-offs to a team with no blocking. Tony Romo liked that under Lasor Bengals were getting receivers open and some running thanks to Lasor calling the right plays. Of course with no blocking, play-offs were out of the question.....Give Him One Preseason, that's all I'm saying...The man hasn't even had a chance to open up his playbook very much without one preseason here yet....and NO OC WILL WIN HERE UNTIL WE GET SOME BLOCKING, Bengals having THE WORST O Line in the NFL.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:35 PM)kevin Wrote: and I would like to see Lasor have at least one season of training camps and preseason...at least one....Again, you people don't want to hear how awful the Bengals offense was before Lasor came in.  You don't want to hear how Mike Browns offensive line moves completely failed. You don't want to hear that Eifert, Ross missed all of the season, Hill missed most of the season, Mixon missed a lot of the season, Kroft injured some. NO BLOCKING and LACK OF TALENTED PLAYERS...You people don't want to hear the truth.  You want to pretend the Bengals players are better than they really are. ...Tony Romo liked what Lasor was doing.  OK, the play-off teams just blew Mike Browns Cheap O Line away, except at end when Lasor O Line changes helped beat Lions and Ravens.  Win over Bills was a also a nice win.....LASOR HAS DONE PLENTY TO DESERVE AT LEAST ONE TRAINING CAMP AND PRESEASON HERE.  TO NEVER GIVE HIM ONE PRESEASON WOULD INDEED BE STUPID.....Those saying there was no improvement from Zampese to Lasor is just total BS. You know there was improvement from that 0-2 start with no touchdowns. You know it. With this awful O Line, they should give Lasor at least one preseason for Dalton coming out of season healthy with no blocking. You add in that they went 7-7 with Lasor, and the man deserves at least one training camp and preseason. It's stupid to think otherwise.

Do you remember watching the Bills game? I do and I remember thinking the Bills have virtually no talent on offense. They finished ahead of the Bengals. The Browns as well. The NY Giants who lost their top 52 receivers did better.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:01 PM)kevin Wrote: That's just stupid.  Without one training camp and preseason he hasn't had his first chance yet, let alone a second chance.. You are being ignorant of the fact he took over a team with the worst offensive line in NFL thanks to Mike Brown in off season. You are being ignorant of the fact Lasor took over a team that set an NFL record in futility starting season with no touchdowns before he came here.  You act like he should walked in here and instantly made this awful offense a play-off team, which is crazy.  Tony Romo liked Lasor offense and I'll take his opinion over some of you peoples on here and over Bengals front office if he isn't kept.  ...Give Lasor at least one training camp and preseason.   Yes, I want to win now, and keeping Lasor and bringing in better players, better blockers is the Right Move. 

Who cares what Tony Romo says?  Why do you keep bringing him up?  He had to have something to talk about. 

Lasor took over the 32nd ranked offense and proceeded to lead it all the way to 32nd.  Yeah, gimme more of that.

It's probably all moot anyway and you'll get your wish, no matter how bad of an idea it is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:06 PM)McC Wrote: Who cares what Tony Romo says?  Why do you keep bringing him up?  He had to have something to talk about. 

Lasor took over the 32nd ranked offense and proceeded to lead it all the way to 32nd.  Yeah, gimme more of that.

It's probably all moot anyway and you'll get your wish, no matter how bad of an idea it is.

Oh but didn't you hear?  Lazor took Zampese's playbook and made absolutely no changes to it for fourteen weeks.  None.  It almost makes one wonder why they bothered firing Zampese in the first place.  It behooves one's wits.

They fired Zampese so that they could make adjustments to the offense.  Those adjustments still resulted in one of the least productive units ever fielded.  It's bad enough we have to see Marvin's smug, condescending face for another two years.  Coaches need to be held accountable for how awful this offense was.
Reply/Quote
This puts a damper on my fire for the Bengals.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Anyone that wants to keep lasor knows nothing about football.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 09:40 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Does anyone really believe there will be upgrades to this fiasco? Mike Brown has got to be the worst owner/meddler in professional sports. The shit show rolls on. Who’s up for it?

I’m willing to give Marvin 3.0 a chance to hire his own coordinators and coaching staff. If I see Paul Alexander with a pink slip that will be a good start. If I see Marvin hire Jack Del Rio, Jim Caldwell, or even Rex Ryan as defensive coordinator I’ll consider it a YUGE success.
Reply/Quote