Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hobson talks about Hill, FA & HOF
In an interview with James Rapien, Hobson says that they are sticking with Jeremy, but want Rex back as well.

He says they Whit back, and he makes it sound like a done deal that Z won't be coming back, saying that "they can't pay everyone".

The first 7 minutes are about Bengals players not getting HOF respect, then it goes into the FA stuff.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/james-rapien-56340/great-insight-on-the-bengals-running-15574203/
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In an interview with James Rapien, Hobson says that they are sticking with Jeremy, but want Rex back as well.

He says they Whit back, and he makes it sound like a done deal that Z won't be coming back, saying that "they can't pay everyone".

The first 7 minutes are about Bengals players not getting HOF respect, then it goes into the FA stuff.

http://700wlw.iheart.com/onair/james-rapien-56340/great-insight-on-the-bengals-running-15574203/

This is depressing but not surprising.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm still waiting to see any sound reason why we can't pay the following guys:

Whit
Z
Dre

At $10million per year, that still leaves roughly $16 million for injuries and rookies.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 02:43 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: In an interview with James Rapien, Hobson says that they are sticking with Jeremy, but want Rex back as well.

...except that, given how much cap room they currently have, they actually can afford to pay Whit, Zeitler, and Dre.  What are they saving the money for, a big name free agent???? (please excuse me for laughing as I type that)
Reply/Quote
The writing has been on the wall for years now with Z. I'd love him back but when he didn't take an extension in previous seasons that is never a good sign. The bengals are already paying Boling at guard a decent amount. $10 mil/yr is a LOT to pay for an OG no matter how good he is. On top of that, I don't get the feeling Z necessarily wants to come back anyway. Kinda seems like he never really planned on being here his whole career. I think everyone should just accept that he will not be back next year.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: The writing has been on the wall for years now with Z. I'd love him back but when he didn't take an extension in previous seasons that is never a good sign. The bengals are already paying Boling at guard a decent amount. $10 mil/yr is a LOT to pay for an OG no matter how good he is. On top of that, I don't get the feeling Z necessarily wants to come back anyway. Kinda seems like he never really planned on being here his whole career. I think everyone should just accept that he will not be back next year.

I'm guessing that he didn't get offered anywhere near market value.

If you can make around $10 million per year as one of the top OGs in the league, why would you sign an extension for $6 million per year?

Boling is getting an average for contract for a good guard.  There's no reason whatsoever that we can't pay Zeitler the money he would command on the open market.  I don't care that he plays guard.  The fact of the matter is that we will have 3 very HUGE holes on the line next year before we even snap the ball (Bodine, Fisher, RG).  You know damn well that the front office will "go to war with what we have" since we can't spend any of the injury money or rollover money to grab a good starter.

Get ready for a Jhari Evans signing after camp cuts.
Reply/Quote
I get that you can't sign everyone but why are we paying two backup Linebackers nearly 7 million dollars especially when we drafted two Linebackers in the third round in back to back drafts the past two drafts. Why are we paying a 34 year old corner with legal issues that make the team look bad 7 million dollars a year?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:47 PM)J24 Wrote: I get that you can't sign everyone but why are we paying two backup Linebackers nearly 7 million dollars especially when we drafted two Linebackers in the third round in back to back drafts the past two drafts.  Why are we paying a 34 year old corner with legal issues that make the team look bad 7 million dollars a year?
The front office "works in mysterious ways"...
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:36 PM)NKYRob Wrote: ...except that, given how much cap room they currently have, they actually can afford to pay Whit, Zeitler, and Dre.  What are they saving the money for, a big name free agent???? (please excuse me for laughing as I type that)

Probably say using it for roll over $ for Eifert and Tez.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 04:07 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Probably say using it for roll over $ for Eifert and Tez.

......who they won't re-sign.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I'm still waiting to see any sound reason why we can't pay the following guys:

Whit
Z
Dre

At $10million per year, that still leaves roughly $16 million for injuries and rookies.

Z wants out of Cincy it's so obvious.

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 04:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......who they won't re-sign.

Gotta start saving for Ogbuehi's franchise LT contract. Plus Will Jack will need a new contract eventually.....   :giggle:

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 03:47 PM)J24 Wrote: I get that you can't sign everyone but why are we paying two backup Linebackers nearly 7 million dollars especially when we drafted two Linebackers in the third round in back to back drafts the past two drafts.  Why are we paying a 34 year old corner with legal issues that make the team look bad 7 million dollars a year?

Because we're the Bengals, defying logic again and again.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 04:07 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Probably say using it for roll over $ for Eifert and Tez.

That's a piss-poor excuse.

1.  If the cap goes up 4-5 million, that will take care of most of Tez's extension.
2.  If Whitworth retires after next year, that immediately frees up $10 million.
3.  Rey's contract is up - that frees up $4 million
4.  If Pac-man is gone, that frees up another $4 million

That's $22 million in money that could very realistically be freed up without any rollover.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gotta start saving for Ogbuehi's franchise LT contract. Plus Will Jack will need a new contract eventually.....   :giggle:

.....who they MAY re-sign....depending on how well Will Jack plays... :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
lets draft another guard this year in first or second round, have him develop, and then let him walk just as he is becoming a great player because we do not give second contracts to guards

What happened to all the roll over money?
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 04:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Z wants out of Cincy it's so obvious.

Why?  Because he hasn't said a word in the media?  Because he might want some sort of fair value of his worth?

I haven't seen anything from him that states he wants out of Cincy.
Reply/Quote
lol cant pay everybody

That's why a team like the Seahawks has MULTIPLE impact players at once and we have like 2 tops on offense or Defense at a time.......BECAUSE THE SEAHAWKS ACTUALLY WANT TO WIN AND THEY PAY EVERYBODY WHAT THEY DESERVE. lol

Its so funny how Mike Brown clearly doesn't care about winning and we cheer for this team.

I decided in week 7 that id start catching Seahawks games if we had another shitty season so I guess its time for me to get that 12th man flag up and put it by the Bengals one.

My heart is with the Bengals but I did 3 years in the army at Fort Lewis and kinda fell in love with the Seahawks and its stupid of me to act like I don't like them just so I can stay exclusive to the shitty Bengals.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me for 15 straight years and go f*** yourself
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 04:15 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Z wants out of Cincy it's so obvious.

Which begs the question, Why?  If this is such a good locker room and good collection of talent,. What is the disincentive for staying - besides the money??
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2017, 05:50 PM)Housh Wrote: lol cant pay everybody

That's why a team like the Seahawks has MULTIPLE impact players at once and we have like 2 tops on offense or Defense at a time.......BECAUSE THE SEAHAWKS ACTUALLY WANT TO WIN AND THEY PAY EVERYBODY WHAT THEY DESERVE. lol

Its so funny how Mike Brown clearly doesn't care about winning and we cheer for this team.

I decided in week 7 that id start catching Seahawks games if we had another shitty season so I guess its time for me to get that 12th man flag up and put it by the Bengals one.

My heart is with the Bengals but I did 3 years in the army at Fort Lewis and kinda fell in love with the Seahawks and its stupid of me to act like I don't like them just so I can stay exclusive to the shitty Bengals.

Fool me once shame on you, fool me for 15 straight years and go f*** yourself

I live in Seahawks country so I know where you're coming from. I know a lot of their fans are frustrated by the sucky OL play, but the Seahawks have taken some steps to try and fix it. They went out and drafted 3 OL in the draft. If a guy isn't working out, they're willing to move them around to see if they click in any other position. They took Justin Britt with the intention of him being their RT of the future. He didn't work out there so they moved him to LG and he still had some struggles. Now he's their center and looks to have a promising future.

They know they have a weakness and are cash strapped, but they still experiment to see if they solve the issue.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote