Mohamed Sanu WR 26 CIN TBD $1,682,813 UFA Market Value
George Iloka SS 25 CIN TBD $1,582,075 UFA Market Value
Eric Winston RT 32 CIN TBD $950,000 UFA -
Brandon Thompson DT 26 CIN TBD $795,300 UFA -
Marvin Jones WR 25 CIN TBD $700,700 UFA Market Value
Pat Sims DT 30 CIN TBD $665,000 UFA -
T.J. Johnson C 25 CIN TBD $510,000 ERFA
Reply/Quote
How do you propose we sign all those guys at Market Value when the team has already come out with its free agent spending limit of $15M?

EDIT: GreenDragon, I do love the enthusiasm and very much wish we were going to resign the guys you listed. Sadly however, it will not be. The team may rethink it's position on how much it wants to spend on these guys, but I really don't see them spending more than $20M on free agents.

If it's any consolation the team will try to sign Eifert to a long term deal sometime before the season starts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 10:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: How do you propose we sign all those guys at Market Value when the team has already come out with its free agent spending limit of $15M?

MJ $6m/yr
Iloka: $7m/yr

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 11:34 PM)milksheikh Wrote: MJ $6m/yr
Iloka: $7m/yr

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu...

Know this is a joke post, but it'd be more like..

MJ $8.5m/yr
Iloka $8m/yr

fffffffuuuuuuuuuu...

- - - - -
Dudes are gonna get overpaid by someone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2016, 05:14 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/wide-receiver/available/

Re-Sign in BOLD

Player - Pos. - Age - From - To - 2015 Cap Hit - Status - Market Value

Leon Hall CB 31 CIN TBD $9,600,000 UFA -
Andre Smith RT 29 CIN TBD $6,362,500 UFA -
Reggie Nelson FS 32 CIN TBD $4,775,000 UFA Market Value
Vincent Rey ILB 28 CIN TBD $3,100,000 UFA -
Adam-Pacman Jones CB 32 CIN TBD $2,550,000 UFA -
Emmanuel Lamur OLB 26 CIN TBD $2,356,000 UFA -
Wallace Gilberry DE 31 CIN TBD $2,050,000 UFA -
Mohamed Sanu WR 26 CIN TBD $1,682,813 UFA Market Value
George Iloka SS 25 CIN TBD $1,582,075 UFA Market Value
Eric Winston RT 32 CIN TBD $950,000 UFA -
Brandon Thompson DT 26 CIN TBD $795,300 UFA -
Marvin Jones WR 25 CIN TBD $700,700 UFA Market Value
Pat Sims DT 30 CIN TBD $665,000 UFA -
T.J. Johnson C 25 CIN TBD $510,000 ERFA

id you can only bring back 2 DBs , I'd let Nelson go and try and keep Adam jones.  He is a shutdown corner and can provide a spark in return game.  With brown and Bryant on the steels Nd our window open the next 2-3 years - solid corner play cannot be understated. 

I think he can play 2-3 years at a high level.  He could potentially transition to safety.  Adam is a special player and if he would have got it right out of the gate we would be talkin about him as a future hallOf famer. At this point he is a good corner who turned his life around but that doesn't take away from the fact how good he is
Reply/Quote
Winston's cost may not have changed much and he is a solid backup. And we've already tendered an offer to TJ Johnson I believe. Other than those two I think we will (and maybe should) go with:

Nelson - might be less overpriced than Iloka
Adam Jones - He cares about this team and that goes a long way with me
Vinnie Rey - Solid player and team has already said they are targeting him
Brandon Thompson - if we have any money left over though that might be a longshot

And like him or not, we've already signed Brandon Tate. I still hope Alford gives him some competition in camp.

Reply/Quote
Here is my prediction. Not saying this is what I would do, but this is what I think the bengals will do.

Re-sign either Hall or Jones. Dennard may not even be 100% by the start of the season. Good possibility we go CB in the first round again this year.

Re-sign one of either Iloka or Nelson. I hope it will be Iloka, but that depends on how much money we want to spend on other players. Shawn Williams looked solid this year as a back up.

Re-sign Gilberry. Hunt, Clarke, and Hardison have all shown zero. Hardison was just a rookie so there is a chance he takes a big step up this year, but we pretty much know what we have in Hunt (3 years) and Clarke (2 years).

Re-sign either Jones or Sanu. Again I hope it is Jones, but Sanu will be much more affordable. Sanu may want to be a #1 so he would not even consider re-signing with Bengals. We will probably sign an old scrap heap WR and take one early in the draft.

Andre Smith is gone. One of the first two picks from last year will step into his spot.

The coaches seem to love Vinnie Rey, and we actually paid him close to starter money the last time we gave him an extension (2 yr $4.2 million). Good chance we bring him back.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2016, 01:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is my prediction.  Not saying this is what I would do, but this is what I think the bengals will do.

Re-sign either Hall or Jones.  Dennard may not even be 100% by the start of the season.  Good possibility we go CB in the first round again this year.

Re-sign one of either Iloka or Nelson.  I hope it will be Iloka, but that depends on how much money we want to spend on other players.  Shawn Williams looked solid this year as a back up.

Re-sign Gilberry.  Hunt, Clarke, and Hardison have all shown zero.  Hardison was just a rookie so there is a chance he takes a big step up this year, but we pretty much know what we have in Hunt (3 years) and Clarke (2 years).

Re-sign either Jones or Sanu.  Again I hope it is Jones, but Sanu will be much more affordable. Sanu may want to be a #1 so he would not even consider re-signing with Bengals.  We will probably sign an old scrap heap WR and take one early in the draft.

Andre Smith is gone.  One of the first two picks from last year will step into his spot.

The coaches seem to love Vinnie Rey, and we actually paid him close to starter money the last time we gave him an extension (2 yr $4.2 million).  Good chance we bring him back.

Fred, I believe you are pretty close to what the Bengals will end up doing. Maybe the team has a better chance of retaining Iloka than I thought they did, but my money is on Nelson.

As for Hunt and Clarke, I sure wish the team would just cut them loose and use the money elsewhere. If that extra is enough to retain Iloka over what they had hoped for resign Iloka for, then by all means they should jettison those two.

Reply/Quote
What i would do...

MLJ, Iloka, Adam, Reggie, Hall, Vinny, Winston, Gilberry would all be back...

What they will most likely do...

Reggie, Adam and Vinny.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 03:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What i would do...

MLJ, Iloka, Adam, Reggie, Hall, Vinny, Winston, Gilberry would all be back...

What they will most likely do...

Reggie, Adam and Vinny.

Agreed, but I think they'll also add Sanu, Hall and Gilberry. Hall and Gilberry will be cheap and provide some depth. I think we haven't signed Sanu because we're trying to get Marvin, but I think he'll end up going somewhere else (and I wouldn't be shocked if it's in the division). So I think we'll end up re-signing Sanu after Marvin signs on somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 06:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed, but I think they'll also add Sanu, Hall and Gilberry. Hall and Gilberry will be cheap and provide some depth. I think we haven't signed Sanu because we're trying to get Marvin, but I think he'll end up going somewhere else (and I wouldn't be shocked if it's in the division). So I think we'll end up re-signing Sanu after Marvin signs on somewhere else.

It's going to be an MJ/Dunlap situation with them. We'll give an offer to MLJ. If he decides to pass on it, then we'll offer the deal to Sanu. If that happens, I fully expect Sanu to jump on it since it'll probably be the biggest offer he gets from anyone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 06:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's going to be an MJ/Dunlap situation with them. We'll give an offer to MLJ. If he decides to pass on it, then we'll offer the deal to Sanu. If that happens, I fully expect Sanu to jump on it since it'll probably be the biggest offer he gets from anyone.

And then the trend of overpaying to retain will continue.

The two offers should be relative to each other's skill level, this is ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 06:43 PM)Benton Wrote: Agreed, but I think they'll also add Sanu, Hall and Gilberry. Hall and Gilberry will be cheap and provide some depth. I think we haven't signed Sanu because we're trying to get Marvin, but I think he'll end up going somewhere else (and I wouldn't be shocked if it's in the division). So I think we'll end up re-signing Sanu after Marvin signs on somewhere else.

I don't know why Mo did what he did but he is all but gone after what he did. Maybe Hall and Gilberry are back, maybe.

MLJ is a special type of receiver and at the beginning of this process i thought he was gone, but he played it well and i
actually think we will give him a fat contract to stay here. He is worth it, Sanu is not sadly for him. I was with you awhile
back but i have changed my tune after hearing Hobspin saying we will give "herculean effort" to re-sing MLJ.

(03-07-2016, 06:46 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's going to be an MJ/Dunlap situation with them. We'll give an offer to MLJ. If he decides to pass on it, then we'll offer the deal to Sanu. If that happens, I fully expect Sanu to jump on it since it'll probably be the biggest offer he gets from anyone.

I hope it is MLJ that jumps on it like Dunlap did. The better player, just like Dunlap was the better player then.

Also, MLJ played this in a good way and didn't alienate anyone, unlike Sanu.

(03-07-2016, 07:08 PM)Stormborn Wrote: And then the trend of overpaying to retain will continue.

The two offers should be relative to each other's skill level, this is ridiculous.

Yeah, Sanu is not worth what he is wanting, plain and simple. His numbers are not there.

He is versatile and that is it. His receiving skills can be replaced pretty easily. MLJ's cannot.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2016, 07:08 PM)Stormborn Wrote: And then the trend of overpaying to retain will continue.

Agreed, but the Bengals will most likely overreact to prevent having such a gaping hole at WR.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The only one I can see us re-signing is Rey. The more reports that come out make it seem like everyone else is as good as gone. Rey's not even a guarantee as reports are the Vikings have contacted his reps.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote