Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burrow needs to hand off alot...
(01-21-2020, 02:42 PM)J24 Wrote: You're right their defense did improve from last season having a top 10 defense and 6th rated pass defense was the difference in the chiefs making the Superbowl.
That Mahomes guy was carried by his team this season ( Sarcasam)!

Were they that high? I thought they were middle of the pack on defense. They certainly make Mahomes come back a lot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 02:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true but do you think Taylor is good enough playcaller to make the running game flourish with UDFA's?

I didn't realize Mostart (always looks like a type and sounds weird to say) had been cut from 6 teams...amazing.  He is a bit of a burner, and smaller for a RB.  What makes SF special is how he uses them.  Mostart had very few direct up the gut runs early on.  It was like chase left, chase right, chase right...oh shit!  Reverse!  And then when the defense is spread out, they hit you in the middle.  

Shanahan doesn't jist call amazing plays, he designs them....their reverse was run a FULL THROTTLE.  Too many times I see our guys do something like that and it looks tentative.  

I don't think Gio has the speed to get wide like those plays, but perhaps Mixon can.  

On a side note, I would love to see one "gadget" play per game...just so defenses "know it is coming".  A reverse throw back, flea-flicker, or WR screen that allows for a pass because it was thrown backwards.  And I want to see it against pitt.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 12:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: KC looks pretty damn good, too.

I wonder what finally got them to the big game after 50 years of coming up short...

Like I said after the Houston game....the Chefs do a pretty good job of protecting Mahommes, and he's very good. Deshaun is a damn fine QB too, but sees a lot of pressure because their line has struggled. It's improved, but still needs work. The years that GB had problems on their line, Rodgers got hurt, then put up a losing record. Offensive line ABSOLUTELY is very important. SF has good line play on both sides of the ball, should be an interesting Super Bowl.

As for the question, you rolling with ARod or Jimmy G?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 01:43 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Like I said after the Houston game....the Chefs do a pretty good job of protecting Mahommes, and he's very good. Deshaun is a damn fine QB too, but sees a lot of pressure because their line has struggled. It's improved, but still needs work. The years that GB had problems on their line, Rodgers got hurt, then put up a losing record. Offensive line ABSOLUTELY is very important. SF has good line play on both sides of the ball, should be an interesting Super Bowl.

As for the question, you rolling with ARod or Jimmy G?

Well, considering Rodgers is already 36, it’s kind of a tough call tbh...

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2020, 09:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Were they that high? I thought they were middle of the pack on defense. They certainly make Mahomes come back a lot.

7th in scoring (actually one spot ahead of the Niners) and 6th in passing defense.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 09:57 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't realize Mostart (always looks like a type and sounds weird to say) had been cut from 6 teams...amazing.  He is a bit of a burner, and smaller for a RB.  What makes SF special is how he uses them.  Mostart had very few direct up the gut runs early on.  It was like chase left, chase right, chase right...oh shit!  Reverse!  And then when the defense is spread out, they hit you in the middle.  

Shanahan doesn't jist call amazing plays, he designs them....their reverse was run a FULL THROTTLE.  Too many times I see our guys do something like that and it looks tentative.  

I don't think Gio has the speed to get wide like those plays, but perhaps Mixon can.  

On a side note, I would love to see one "gadget" play per game...just so defenses "know it is coming".  A reverse throw back, flea-flicker, or WR screen that allows for a pass because it was thrown backwards.  And I want to see it against pitt.  

Yeah, Mostert was a track guy so yeah, he is a burner. He is also a surfer as you see sometimes when he scores. 

He picks up a wave as his main TD dance.

Kyle Shanahan is a genius play caller man, Zac could learn a lot from him. We definitely need to see much more creativity of O.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 02:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, considering Rodgers is already 36, it’s kind of a tough call tbh...

Nice deflection....lol. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 10:47 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Have you noticed the shift in NFL of late.. running game is back with play action. Top 4 teams rushing in playoffs 6 out of 10 in playoffs. Passing zero in top 4 and just 3 of the top 10...  Go Mixon Go..

Well, I guess it's a good thing the coaching staff finally figured out Mixon was on the team then cause there certainly isn't any other back on the Bengals who is capable of toting the rock for 20+ carries a game.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 07:29 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Well, I guess it's a good thing the coaching staff finally figured out Mixon was on the team then cause there certainly isn't any other back on the Bengals who is capable of toting the rock for 20+ carries a game.

Duh.. most teams in the NFL don;t have two backs to carry 20 plus times.. so your point is ?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 08:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Duh.. most teams in the NFL don;t have two backs to carry 20 plus times.. so your point is ?

My point was that it was a good thing the coaches found out they had Mixon on the team and started to use him. It only took them half a season.

Hopefully, they'll remember that going into next season and they won't run 70% passing plays like the 2019 game plans. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I was rather shocked at the play calling and how different it was from what the Rams did.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 01:27 AM)BengalChris Wrote: My point was that it was a good thing the coaches found out they had Mixon on the team and started to use him. It only took them half a season.

Hopefully, they'll remember that going into next season and they won't run 70% passing plays like the 2019 game plans. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I was rather shocked at the play calling and how different it was from what the Rams did.

Yeah, don't know what Zac was thinking at times. In the 49ers game we were down all game though which explains why we 
were throwing the ball so much. Still, it is not like you cannot get big runs and TD's out of the run game either. Have to keep 
Defenses honest in order to score points.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, don't know what Zac was thinking at times. In the 49ers game we were down all game though which explains why we 
were throwing the ball so much. Still, it is not like you cannot get big runs and TD's out of the run game either. Have to keep 
Defenses honest in order to score points.

You, me and million others would have run Mixon from day one.

Reply/Quote
Actually there is a misconception on Mixon and Carries compared to the league. Mixon ended up 10th total with 17 per game and 12 games he had 15 or more Carries. In the 4 games he had low Carrie's he had around a yars per carry..? which would inhibit high carries
Reply/Quote