Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy #$!& We need a RB
(03-31-2017, 04:36 PM)J24 Wrote: More like holy shit we need a center that can run block.

sad but its true  :paul:
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
we need James Conner or Joe Mixon
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I mean how exactly did you know which two times in a gaem Hill was going to get stuffed on a first down run?

It doesn't happen very ofet so there must be some way you could tell.

Unless, like I said, you just "knew" it would happen every time then crowed about being right the few times that it really did happen.
Geez, Fred. Go take a nap.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 06:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Of course the running game starts in the trenches but you are correct we definately need a new RB on play alone.

Hill wasn't just bad running the ball, Gio was too and is coming off of injury, Rex left for greener pastures.

Fournette has been running up my board and i love the way Dalvin Cook runs, but i am hoping for an End early.

McCaffrey i would love if he fell to the 2nd, Mixon is a talent but the guy was just a dumbass that night, i don't like
the message this would send. Kamara and Foreman are a couple i like in the 3rd or 4th round.

A couple guys i know about in Utah are really good from what i saw...

Jamal and Joe Williams out of BYU and Utah.
A less predictable OC would be a big help too.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 10:23 PM)Derrick Wrote: A less predictable OC would be a big help too.

You know it Derrick.

Zamp was bad last year. I never even liked him as a QB coach.

Lazy hire.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 05:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I mean how exactly did you know which two times in a gaem Hill was going to get stuffed on a first down run?

It doesn't happen very ofet so there must be some way you could tell.

Unless, like I said, you just "knew" it would happen every time then crowed about being right the few times that it really did happen.

Someone's having a stroke!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 11:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You know it Derrick.

Zamp was bad last year. I never even liked him as a QB coach.

Lazy hire.

Help us understand why you think he was a lazy hire and you did not like him as a QB coach.

I saw AD (2nd round pick) progress from a rookie to go to multiple pro bowls. AD had no mentor (veteran) to shield him in the early years like many others.
I saw AJ (4th round pick) progress and win games when AD was hurt, after he missed the majority of his rookie year.

Seems to be he got great results with good and not great talent.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2017, 11:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Zamp was bad last year. I never even liked him as a QB coach.

Lazy hire.

You are suffering from confirmation bias.  You are not judging Zampese on what he did as a first year OC.  You just don't like him as an OC because you already did not like him as a QB coach.

And all he did as a QB coach was win a Most Improved Payers Award for Kitna and multiple Pro Bowls from Palmer and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2017, 09:49 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Help us understand why you think he was a lazy hire and you did not like him as a QB coach.

I saw AD (2nd round pick) progress from a rookie to go to multiple pro bowls. AD had no mentor (veteran) to shield him in the early years like many others.
I saw AJ (4th round pick) progress and win games when AD was hurt, after he missed the majority of his rookie year.

Seems to be he got great results with good and not great talent.

He was a lazy hire because he was an insider. They didn't go look for the best candidate around the league or
even in college. They just went and gave their QB coach the OC job cause Hue left.

I just don't like how many pick 6's his QB's have threw. Has to be a record between Palmer and Dalton.

Palmer was quite possibly the most talented QB of all time, Dalton ain't no punk.

I usually agree with you Luvnit but not about Zampese, last year he was bad at playcalling also IMHO.

(04-01-2017, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You are suffering from confirmation bias.  You are not judging Zampese on what he did as a first year OC.  You just don't like him as an OC because you already did not like him as a QB coach.

And all he did as a QB coach was win a Most Improved Payers Award for Kitna and multiple Pro Bowls from Palmer and Dalton.

Judging him on both, he was bad last year calling stretch runs with Hill and using Zeitler as a pulling Guard.

Sure, i wouldn't want Brat back but i sure liked both Jay and Hue much more in their first years as OC.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He was a lazy hire because he was an insider. They didn't go look for the best candidate around the league or
even in college. They just went and gave their QB coach the OC job cause Hue left.

I just don't like how many pick 6's his QB's have threw. Has to be a record between Palmer and Dalton.

Palmer was quite possibly the most talented QB of all time, Dalton ain't no punk.

I usually agree with you Luvnit but not about Zampese, last year he was bad at playcalling also IMHO.

Judging him on both, he was bad last year calling stretch runs with Hill and using Zeitler as a pulling Guard.

Sure, i wouldn't want Brat back but i sure liked both Jay and Hue much more in their first years as OC.

Not to mention (on the lazy hire part) I'd bet Z isn't the highest paid OC in the league by any stretch. 

And I agree, I just don't think Z is a quality "in game" NFL of today OC. It goes without saying it's a lot deeper than just flipping thru pages in a playbook and picking plays we ain't ran in awhile. And running the playbook of the former OC. 

Probably not the best choice out there ??? But he was ab easy/lazy/cheap hire. BTW, I hope he proves me wrong !
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 11:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Not to mention (on the lazy hire part) I'd bet Z isn't the highest paid OC in the league by any stretch. 

And I agree, I just don't think Z is a quality "in game" NFL of today OC. It goes without saying it's a lot deeper than just flipping thru pages in a playbook and picking plays we ain't ran in awhile. And running the playbook of the former OC. 

Probably not the best choice out there ??? But he was ab easy/lazy/cheap hire. BTW, I hope he proves me wrong !

Me too man haha
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  i sure liked both Jay and Hue much more in their first years as OC.

More proof that this is all about confirmation bias.

Grudens first year as Bengals OC....18th in points, 20th in yards

Hue's first year as Bemgals OC.....15th in points, 15th in yards

Zampese's first year as bengals OC....24th in points, 13th in yards

Not really a lot of difference between the results.  You just did not like Zampese as OC because you did not like him before he was OC.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2017, 09:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I just don't like how many pick 6's his QB's have threw. Has to be a record between Palmer and Dalton.

First of all, No, it does nmot have to be any kind of record.  You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.

Second, an OC has no control over how well an interception is returned, but Both Kitna and Fitzpatrick (who have played for multiple teams) threw fewer interceptions when they were under Zampese than they did under any other QB coach.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 08:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: More proof that this is all about confirmation bias.

Not really a lot of difference between the results.  You just did not like Zampese as OC because you did not like him before he was OC.

Points is what matters the most and i would say that is a big difference. Plus Dalton was a rookie with Jay.

Zamp got an experienced QB coming off a Probowl season.

(04-03-2017, 08:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: First of all, No, it does nmot have to be any kind of record.  You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.

Second, an OC has no control over how well an interception is returned, but Both Kitna and Fitzpatrick (who have played for multiple teams) threw fewer interceptions when they were under Zampese than they did under any other QB coach.

Sure remember Palmer throwing a lot of pick 6's. Dalton has threw a few as well.

I am not making this up cause i don't have the numbers. I think others would remember this.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2017, 07:52 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: It's the offensive line and their coach.  The man can apparently use ten fingers and a foot to easily coordinate between 88 piano keys and three pedals but coordinating five offensive linemen -- six if you count a tight end -- is hard.  

Getting Andre Smith back and placing him at right guard should help things in the run game but let's take an honest look at the run game in 2016 -- and the two games against Cleveland don't count.

This was the worst run blocking I have ever seen in Cincinnati.  Ever.  Even Corey Dillon had holes to run through when the Bengals couldn't buy a win.  Jeremy Hill couldn't find a hole because none existed.  Even if a hole appeared, the offensive linemen couldn't hit their secondary blocks so linebackers are Jeremy up too.

You could put Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Gale Sayers, or Marcus Allen -- all in their primes -- behind the Cincinnati Bengals' offensive line and this board would be simultaneously exclaiming, "What a bust!  Holy BLEEP, we need a running back!"
I agree with this. The line was bad especially up the middle at opening lanes and before people say well Burkhead this and Burkhead that they have to remember that Hill, Gio, and Burkhead are all different types of rb's and Hill is a big back so it's not as easy for him to find an opening that it is for guys like Gio and Rex, plus no one had game tape on Rex so of course he was able to have some success, he's not a bad rb. Hill with a decent oline should be able to rush for 1000+ yards, he nearly had that this year when the line was terrible and we were missing so many offensive weapons.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 12:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Points is what matters the most and i would say that is a big difference. Plus Dalton was a rookie with Jay.

Zamp got an experienced QB coming off a Probowl season.

Sure remember Palmer throwing a lot of pick 6's. Dalton has threw a few as well.

I am not making this up cause i don't have the numbers. I think others would remember this.
When CP threw pick 6's they were mind numbingly ...uhh..something or another.. 
I just can't help but to think of him as Captain Pick 6.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 09:10 AM)grampahol Wrote: When CP threw pick 6's they were mind numbingly ...uhh..something or another.. 
I just can't help but to think of him as Captain Pick 6.

Yeah, Gramps remembers..
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2017, 08:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: More proof that this is all about confirmation bias.

Holy #$!& Batman !

Big difference in Gruden than the rest. 

Gruden took over an offense that had just lost their franchise QB, a HOF WR, a wanna be HOF WR who was pretty darn good. 

Plus he was tasked with doing it with a rookie QB and a Rookie #1 WR, on a team that finished 4-12 the previous year and led them to the Playoffs.  

Zampese took a team that had been to the playoffs on regular basis and did not even make it to a bubble team on the cusp. 

Both the first two listed parlayed it into HC jobs as well. Do not see anybody beating down the door for Zampese yet or in near future.

Yet unlike others did like him as a QB coach and much like others hoping he proves me wrong.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Note : "d-a-r-n" looks like a beaver "dam" when typed.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-04-2017, 12:11 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Holy #$!& Batman !

Big difference in Gruden than the rest. 

Gruden took over an offense that had just lost their franchise QB, a HOF WR, a wanna be HOF WR who was pretty darn good. 

Plus he was tasked with doing it with a rookie QB and a Rookie #1 WR, on a team that finished 4-12 the previous year and led them to the Playoffs.  

Zampese took a team that had been to the playoffs on regular basis and did not even make it to a bubble team on the cusp. 

Both the first two listed parlayed it into HC jobs as well. Do not see anybody beating down the door for Zampese yet or in near future.

Yet unlike others did like him as a QB coach and like others hoping he proves me wrong.  

That is what i am talkin about and you aren't even biased against Zampese and think he was a good QB coach.

Just truth in this post. Fred will probably take one sentence out of it and critique it though.

(04-04-2017, 12:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Note :  "d-a-r-n" looks like a beaver "dam" when typed.

Does. Good thing it usually works the same lol

Except if we are talking about a beaver dam here at the dam Bengals board.. Mellow
Reply/Quote