Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lie: Democrats Say They're Deeply Concerned About Trump's 'Racism' On Immigration.
At least ONE person admits that the shutdown reflects VERY POORLY on the President!

Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-19-2018, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We were talking about why people voted for Trump, not what he has done his first year.

Actually, we're talking about priorities.

(01-19-2018, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No Daca.  No CHIP.  Too much money for the wall.

CHIP is currently included.  If you shut down the government over DACA then you're prioritizing the needs of people here illegally over US citizens.  To me that's a borderline betrayal of the oath of office.
(01-19-2018, 08:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Actually, we're talking about priorities.

No we weren't.  
We were talking about the agenda established in the campaign that people voted for.

(01-17-2018, 11:58 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The citizens of the United States voted the current government into office.  The agendas of that government were not a secret, hence people voted for that agenda.  To criticize the current government for trying to enact that agenda is to display the understanding of a two year old.  You can disagree with that agenda, and many do.  But to say they shouldn't pursue it, when that is precisely what they were elected to do, is just, well, stupid.

Then you moved the goalposts.
(01-19-2018, 08:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: CHIP is currently included.  If you shut down the government over DACA then you're prioritizing the needs of people here illegally over US citizens.  To me that's a borderline betrayal of the oath of office.

But an overwhelming majority of citizens want immigrants protected under a DACA type deal. 

You can argue that shutting down the government over ANY issue is a violation of the oath of office, but if you start picking and choosing which reasons are valid you can't really oppose something that most citizens want.

When the Republicans shut down the government in 2013 it was in order to defund the ACA which was a move that a majority of citizens opposed.  So that would have been a bigger violation of the oath of office than doing something that a majority of the citizens support.

To me shutting down the government is wrong NO MATTER WHICH SIDE DOES IT.  I thought it was wrong when the Republicans did it and I think it is wrong now that the Dems are doing it.  It is absurd that it has gotten to this point.