Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home field or bust
Here's the deal... If the Bengals want to go to SB 50, they need to get home field advantage for the playoffs. If they do, in my opinion there'a 50-50 shot at them getting there. If they have to travel for the AFC Championship, it will probably be @ Denver or NE - in which case I'd give them a 20% shot at going.
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Can't visualize this team, or Denver, Pittsburgh or Indy for that matter, going into Gillette in January and walking out with a win. That first seed would be real nice, but I wonder if it will take a 14-2 record to get it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
To get a #1 seed they'd probably have to run the table. I just don't see that happening. I'd be ecstatic with a #2 seed and take our chances on the road in a one game, winner take all chance at the SB.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We have as good a chance as any at this point to get the #1 seed. That should definitely be the goal.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:18 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: We have as good a chance as any at this point to get the #1 seed.  That should definitely be the goal.

Exactly!   Who Dey   Who Dey   Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:00 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Agreed.  Can't visualize this team, or Denver, Pittsburgh or Indy for that matter, going into Gillette in January and walking out with a win.  That first seed would be real nice, but I wonder if it will take a 14-2 record to get it.

Probably a 16-0 or 15-1 to get the first seed.
Reply/Quote
I hope we get the 1 seed and Pats have to come to the Jungle for some "On to Cincinnati" revenge
Reply/Quote
I think Patriots wind up 14-2. We have a legit shot going 14-2. If we get past Arizona undefeated, I guarantee it. So then it would be tiebreakers, and I don't know what that looks like. Best conference record as first?
Reply/Quote
I like all the speculation but I can't think past ***** slapping the Stains this week
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 11:01 PM)Utts Wrote: I think Patriots wind up 14-2. We have a legit shot going 14-2. If we get past Arizona undefeated, I guarantee it. So then it would be tiebreakers, and I don't know what that looks like. Best conference record as first?

I believe head to head is first if applicable then best conference record then best record against common opponents and so on.
Reply/Quote
I don't like our chances vs NE at home, away, or neutral field.  That quick passing game will chew our D up. Our front 4 won't have time to get to Brady.   We need somebody else to upset them.  Our chances improve if Gronk can't play for some reason or other (like in 2013), but even then.... Dion Lewis and Edleman are scary.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Would love to see a AFC Championship game at PBS.

Especially one where the Bengals won and advanced to SB.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Hopefully Brady goes missing sometime soon he's only thing that'll stand in our way of a super bowl
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
I wonder how Manning would do in a "Freezer Bowl" game in Cincinnati?
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 10:07 AM)knc42 Wrote: I wonder how Manning would do in a "Freezer Bowl" game in Cincinnati?

It'd be painful to watch (but not really).  One hit and he might crumble into a thousand little pieces and fall to the ground.

Talk about a best possible scenario...
Reply/Quote
these scenerios are awesome, but i remember preseason people were clamoring about 8-8 maybe 9-7 at best with this team because of the schedule. with all that being said i believe 12-4 is a good place with 13-3 being the lock for first round bye.
"The Power of life and death is in the tongue"
Reply/Quote
I agree with this 100%, obviously our goal is to win every game but not having to go to Gillette or back to Denver in January will be huge for this team.

One game at a time but we need to win at least 14 to get us in the discussion for all playoff games at home.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote