Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Homer Hall of Fame
(12-10-2021, 09:33 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: LIPSTICK_small_V3.gif]

Hilarious Sick Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 04:57 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I feel like this sums up basically all the posters around here:

Oh we're definitely over the cuckoo's nest.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 08:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This SO needs an emoji, but I like it

BanBan

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 10:45 PM)Wyche Wrote: BanBan

I so needed this laugh after a week of meetings out of town.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: He gave me 5 warning points or something like that, promised they were temporary.  And never did take them away.
[Image: disgusted.gif]

Denny gave me an infraction for posting ColtsFan4Ever’s actual real life dating profile to the old site. Looking back on it, it’s probably something that I should have been at least temporarily banned for, but they just gave me a warning. And for all the little bits of shit that I stirred there over an 8 year period, it was the only warning that I ever got.

Denny may have been a bit annoying, but I don’t think he was unnecessarily strict or heavy-handed with his punishments.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 05:06 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Denny gave me an infraction for posting ColtsFan4Ever’s actual real life dating profile to the old site. Looking back on it, it’s probably something that I should have been at least temporarily banned for, but they just gave me a warning. And for all the little bits of shit that I stirred there over an 8 year period, it was the only warning that I ever got.

Denny may have been a bit annoying, but I don’t think he was unnecessarily strict or heavy-handed with his punishments.

10 years and I received 1 warning that expired in 3 days. Now here...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 10 years and I received 1 warning that expired in 3 days. Now here...

P&R forum?

That is where I got my warning on the old board. Here I just stay out of it entirely.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 07:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: P&R forum?

That is where I got my warning on the old board. Here I just stay out of it entirely.

Nah, if memory serves; it was bypassing the profanity filter. They were very strict about profanity. 

It was most likely me saying bytch or sh!t

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 08:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, if memory serves; it was bypassing the profanity filter. They were very strict about profanity. 

It was most likely me saying bytch or sh!t

Remember when we figured out how to make it say D1CK BUTKUS?  Or something like that.  Denny loved that.  He and I "discussed" it once.  Seems like I was always involved in a PM with him over something.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 09:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Remember when we figured out how to make it say D1CK BUTKUS?  Or something like that.  Denny loved that.  He and I "discussed" it once.  Seems like I was always involved in a PM with him over something.

I remember, but I think it just bypassed it if you typed DICK in all caps.

One of the funniest things I saw when this board opened was how happy folks were that they could use profanity. Folks just used it when it made no sense, just because they could. 

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember, but I think it just bypassed it if you typed DICK in all caps.

One of the funniest things I saw when this board opened was how happy folks were that they could use profanity. Folks just used it when it made no sense, just because they could. 

Indeed.  You ever click all the way back to day 1?  It's worth it.  Lmao
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 09:43 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Indeed.  You ever click all the way back to day 1?  It's worth it.  Lmao

Just went back to the oldest thread…for whatever reason, the title is “Burrow going to the hospital?”, and now I’m noided.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 10:00 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Just went back to the oldest thread…for whatever reason, the title is “Burrow going to the hospital?”, and now I’m noided.

Bro, why did you make me do that?  I JUST came in from the garage.  Now, I have to go back again.  While I'm out there, I'm going to try and understand how that's there?
[Image: LightheartedRichBoubou-size_restricted.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I remember, but I think it just bypassed it if you typed DICK in all caps.

I think you had to use the small "L" for the "I".
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 09:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: One of the funniest things I saw when this board opened was how happy folks were that they could use profanity. Folks just used it when it made no sense, just because they could. 

When they first started allowing some nudity in mainstream films in the 1970's it seemed like every movie had to have a little flash of nudity.  It seems like you actually see less now than then.  
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you had to use the small "L" for the "I".

This was iT. 

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 10:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think you had to use the small "L" for the "I".

That was it.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2021, 11:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This was iT. 

(12-11-2021, 11:54 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: That was it.

Whoops, shoulda scrolled all the way down. Lol
Reply/Quote

That's what I see a lot of in these Facebook groups.

Profanity from the get go.

Believe me, I have no problem with using it sometimes.

Yet when a topic is posted like "F you for those who don't support (whoever)" it gets ridiculous.

Non-stop throwing out insults to the "haters" with curse words is low level mentality in my book.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2021, 07:49 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: That's what I see a lot of in these Facebook groups.

Profanity from the get go.

Believe me, I have no problem with using it sometimes.

Yet when a topic is posted like "F you for those who don't support (whoever)" it gets ridiculous.

Non-stop throwing out insults to the "haters" with curse words is low level mentality in my book.

I agree.  I'm to the point that when I see someone using either term, "homer", or "hater" to define anyone here, I lose all respect.  Should be bannable IMO.  Helped destroy the Mothership.  Among other factors, but it was one of them.
Reply/Quote