Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Homer Hall of Fame
(12-07-2021, 09:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Some of these Facebook groups have an overabundance of keyboard "I will fight you" warriors on them.

Seriously, some of them would stalk you if they had a chance.

It doesn't matter if they are a total homer or pessimist about the team.

Completely mental.

Wow, I hadn't been on any of those, just a couple that were full of so many stupid takes, I had to bounce.

It's a snapshot of society, there are some weirdos out there, and a great chunk of the population is as dumb as a bag of hammers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:21 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: I’ve had a Facebook account for like 15 years now. At this point, I only use it for the messenger app, which I have for an ongoing chat with my friend group, and one with my family.

If you didn’t have to have a Facebook account to have messenger, I would have deleted it years ago. It has gotten so bad, it’s hard to describe. In my opinion, it’s incredibly bad for society as a whole.

It's all in how you use it. You have to manipulate the algorithm. "Social Dilemma" laid it all out there. Once you unfollow the negativity (see political dumb shit), unfollow toxic members, like the shit out of hot chicks, smartass memes, hot rods, family stuff, cooking tips, cold beer, good bourbon, sticky bud, and music posts, your experience vastly improves. It took me a couple of months, but I got mine lined out. I've always had a very restricted profile on there too.

It can be an echo chamber if you allow it....and downright disgusting. All platforms can be if you choose to engage them that way.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 06:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: FB groups are mostly low IQ people. Twitter is the nuthouse.

And this place isn't? Ninja

LMAO

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:04 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: And this place isn't? Ninja

LMAO

Fair point. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: And this place isn't? Ninja

LMAO

[Image: brian-baumgartner-badumtss.gif]

He's here all week folks!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:04 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: And this place isn't? Ninja

LMAO

Bengals fans are more of a support group.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:04 AM)Wyche Wrote: And this place isn't? Ninja

LMAO

Are we the low IQ or the nuthouse? 

Nevermind... it's both. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bengals fans are more of a support group.

You make a very fair point sir..... LOL

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:54 AM)Wyche Wrote: You make a very fair point sir..... LOL

I feel like this sums up basically all the posters around here:

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I think it's because most people on these types a boards are super fans, so you will get some irrational takes..
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 04:59 PM)Tony Wrote: I think it's because most people on these types a boards are super fans, so you will get some irrational takes..

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IRRATIONAL?
[Image: losing-it.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:21 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bengals fans are more of a support group.

Welcome to Bengals Anonymous, where admitting there is a problem is the first step toward recovery.   Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 12:28 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY IRRATIONAL?
[Image: losing-it.gif]

Well, I would think most of us know since about 90% of us do it lol...
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 02:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He warned me by accident, supposedly, promised to remove the points and never did.

My only warning on the old boards.

I never hated Denny. He was more like a meme to me. I just found humor in it. I was told by people who used to be mods on there that the homer act was all for show. So I think that plays into why a lot of people didn't like him. Kinda the same reason people don't like Hobson. People just don't like paid shills.

It seems like bfine preferred the looser moderation of the old boards, but idk if people remember the downfalls of that. We had a lot more issues with trolls on the old board. We had the whole deal with Tigers Blood which damn near broke the board. People were questioning who was real and who was fake.

I much prefer what we have going on here. Very low troll count, and as long as you don't act the fool, you don't get banned. Very fair. Not that we're perfect by any stretch.

But back to Denny, he did spearhead the angry homer side which really made the old boards toxic at times. Not sure if he really was disciplining people for being negative, but I know that myself and many others said he handed out infractions for questionable at best reasons, often claiming it was a mistake.

Now was this something he was directed to do by management? I'd say that's a good possibility, but who knows? Again, I didn't hate the guy. It was nothing personal on my end. I just saw him for what he was.

I think this pretty much nails my thoughts on the old board and this one, well said Shake. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2021, 12:54 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well there was the bearded fella that always made our sigs, but I can't remember his name. He was a mod towards the end.

Also, was Bengals Thing a mod at any point?

I miss Bengals Thing, damn, lots of names in here that bring up tons of memories, this is a great thread, sticky it. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:45 AM)Nepanyrush Wrote: Yes, that was my handle on the old board. I enjoyed reading comments from quite knowledgeable fans, and there was the highly entertaining Bengal Barry arc, until he finally came clean at the end and revealed it was all an act. I also remember feeling sorry for the sister of the kicker who had to endure some pretty harsh criticism of her brother.

Shayne Graham's sister? I thought she was a cool gal. I remember always getting along with her, but she left when Shayne left.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 02:14 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Klotsch Uncensored was the 2nd major board to open up during the Mothership days. Bengals World was the first. I believe it was late 07/early 08. I know a chunk of the users on there were furious with Joe from Flo. He was on a ban frenzy during those times. 

I was invited onto Bengals World by Meg, made an account and there were quite a few of the old posters from the old board
on there but almost everybody was very profane and I didn't care for it. I swear enough on my own and it is a bad habit. So I 
just never went on there again. I do wish we had our Arcade back on here if I had one complaint about this board right now.

But overall it is by far the best message board and site I have ever been on. This is my home away from home. Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 08:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Shayne Graham's sister? I thought she was a cool gal. I remember always getting along with her, but she left when Shayne left.

Do we even know if she was real or really his sister?

Lotsa loonies looking for attention over the years.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 08:26 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Do we even know if she was real or really his sister?

Lotsa loonies looking for attention over the years.

She had her pic in her avatar, she looked just like a pretty Shayne lol

It was her.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2021, 08:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: She had her pic in her avatar, she looked just like a pretty Shayne lol

It was her.

[Image: LIPSTICK_small_V3.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote