Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Homer Hall of Fame
(11-14-2021, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: OSUfan as well, although he (very occasionally) still posts here.

Naaa he was one of those guys that would come at ya as if you said derogatory things to his family if you had anything negative to say about the Bengals. 

The original Bengal boards were much more toxic than here with the “homerism” ruled by king Denny leading the way. And OSU was one of his minions, who I’m still convinced 100% is a alt account by another board member on here. 

And quite frankly what would cure all these ills would be if the Bengals just won and showed positive momentum moving forward. Than all this would go away. 

Was a very peaceful week after the Ravens game wasn’t it?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: OSUfan as well, although he (very occasionally) still posts here.

Btw, I was thinking about making a post in Klotsch about all the posters we've lost through the years. I made a small list of guys who haven't logged in for over a year or more:

Cornerblitz
Royal Redlegs (Berzerker)
Stormborn
wolfkaosaun
xxlt
Nebuchadnezzar
SteelCitySouth
Magikod
Circleville Guy
Orlando Bengal
RICHMONDBENGAL_07
I_C_DeadPeople
depthchart
PAPinhead
etc

Lots more that haven't checked in this season. The Pistons hasn't logged in since New Years.

ShowMeUrTDs
Lawless_1
Nebuchadnezzar
eoxyod
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: OSUfan as well, although he (very occasionally) still posts here.

Btw, I was thinking about making a post in Klotsch about all the posters we've lost through the years. I made a small list of guys who haven't logged in for over a year or more:

Cornerblitz
Stormborn
wolfkaosaun
xxlt
Nebuchadnezzar
SteelCitySouth
Magikod
Circleville Guy
Orlando Bengal
RICHMONDBENGAL_07
I_C_DeadPeople
depthchart
PAPinhead
etc

Lots more that haven't checked in this season. The Pistons hasn't logged in since New Years.

What a trip down memory lane!

This is by far the best message board in the entire NFL; it’s not even close. This is one advantage of being a small market team which lacks a national fan base. We all know each other well like a neighborhood or something.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 03:57 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Any way you could do an email blast to them to say something to the effect of "Hey, haven't seen you in a while.  The Bengals are challenging for the AFCN crown, so stop in and say howdy and let us know what you've been up to."   

I always wonder what happens to people that stop posting.  Did they die, or jut lose interest in the team and/or board?  Call me the sentimental type that needs closure, I guess.

That is a great idea. I'll run that by the admins and see if there's anything they can do.

Would be great if we could get some of these guys back.

(11-14-2021, 04:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What a trip down memory lane!

This is by far the best message board in the entire NFL; it’s not even close. This is one advantage of being a small market team which lacks a national fan base. We all know each other well like a neighborhood or something.

Rock On
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: OSUfan as well, although he (very occasionally) still posts here.

Cornerblitz
Stormborn
wolfkaosaun
xxlt
Nebuchadnezzar
SteelCitySouth
Magikod
Circleville Guy
Orlando Bengal
RICHMONDBENGAL_07
I_C_DeadPeople
depthchart
PAPinhead
etc

Circleville Guy went out with a bang... Threw a fit about wanting his account deleted, and called us all communists over a song that was gonna be played pregame. Always seemed like a good enough guy though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 06:49 PM)jason Wrote: Circleville Guy went out with a bang... Threw a fit about wanting his account deleted, and called us all communists over a song that was gonna be played pregame. Always seemed like a good enough guy though.

I remember that.  That happened about 2 seasons ago or so didn't it?  He was really pissed.  Remember the dude that filmed himself burning his Bengals caps, and then posted it on here bitching to Mike Brown?  

Been some good times.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 06:49 PM)jason Wrote: Circleville Guy went out with a bang... Threw a fit about wanting his account deleted, and called us all communists over a song that was gonna be played pregame. Always seemed like a good enough guy though.

I remember that! What was the song? It was by a chic right? Katy Perry?
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Cornerblitz

Wasn't he the guy who used 90% of his posts to trash Dalton?

He is probably on the Bears board now.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't he the guy who used 90% of his posts to trash Dalton?

Excellent memory, Fred! CornerBlitz hated Andy Dalton’s guts with a seething passion. He was all about drafting “a franchise QB” which would fix the team because everything was Dalton’s fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:37 AM)Tony Wrote: I remember that! What was the song? It was by a chic right? Katy Perry?

Was it "Roar"?  I think I actually lit that fuse.  I liked the song at the game.  

My bad.  
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember a guy (Samoan, if memory serves) back from the original AOL message boards (Yes, I'm old...and you kids stay off my lawn!) a guy named UMADOGG? His dog was actually named Uma (after Uma Thurman?) and he was absolutely hilarious.

He later changed his name to HairOnFire. I thought he found his way to one of these boards, but I could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2021, 03:47 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Cornerblitz
Stormborn
wolfkaosaun
xxlt
Nebuchadnezzar
SteelCitySouth
Magikod
Circleville Guy
Orlando Bengal
RICHMONDBENGAL_07
I_C_DeadPeople
depthchart
PAPinhead

'zerker's Twitter account has been suspended since June, so I have 0 idea what he's up to, but he got fed up with the team after '18 or so and said he wasn't going to spend time talking football, unless it was on Twitter, going forward.

I always liked Wolfie and got along with him super-well, but he appears to simply jump on whatever trend is popular and trying to make a future with it (he did it with his church, then with football {Stripe Hype} now he does YT videos on VGs; the dime a dozen ones that thousands do on any current game) and as such, I believe he genuinely means well and he's a very kindhearted person, but, not sure if his fandom is as strong as it once was and as a result, only think he would pop in once a year or so (hasn't since May of 2020).

Neb I believe has had a few health issues here and there (used to always say so on Klotsch), so not sure what's going on there; I hope he's alright.

(11-14-2021, 04:02 PM)bfine32 Wrote: ShowMeUrTDs
Lawless_1
Nebuchadnezzar
eoxyod

Lawless is a weird one lol. His tweets on the team are ok, but he has a TON of cringey/creepy tweets as well. IIRC, he also just upped and said he wasn't going to post here anymore and he didn't.

Eox is still on Twitter, but he too isn't nearly as engaged on football like he used to be (he still tweets about games and such constantly) and over half of his tweets are just shitposts LOL

FUNNY shitposts (and many are valid), but shitposts nonetheless LOL 

For 'zerker specifically, I was wondering why I wasn't seeing the deep-dive into formations and schemes from him, for a while and I checked his name last week, which is where I saw he has been suspended since June. He and Mike Santagata (Bengal_Sans) were some of the best Bengal-specific clip studies on Twitter and now it's just Sans, basically.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He banned Joe and yes he did lose it but the moment I lost faith in Denny and began to not like him was when he banned Bat. 

He also got into once with Shanniefly who no one on the board had an issue with. He wasn't always a moderator there either if I remember correctly but once he was being invited to Bengal functions his ego took off and he became judge, jury and executioner on any "infraction" he felt like going after.

Well to add some accuracy to history....

When I joined the old forums, there were only 2-3 Admins and a few MODS.  Jo From Flo was the only daily active Admin.  I think the other two were actually accounts controlled by the team.

I became a MOD a one point because I've modd'd forums for a long long time and understood what it took to have control and be fair.  Denny became a MOD the same time I did.  I stepped down as a MOD at some point because I didn't have time for it.  Denny stayed on, and even then was letting the control go to his head.  Jo stepped down as an Admin.  Denny was promoted to ADMIN and became a tyrant, which is why he is so hated to this day.

Denny was not hated for his positive attitude, but for what he became when he took over the forums.  He and Joe both had emoji's created because they were both fan favorites for a long time.  Before he was a MOD Denny was actually (mostly) a beloved poster.  The problem is that most people don't remember that far back.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 01:21 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Eox is still on Twitter, but he too isn't nearly as engaged on football like he used to be (he still tweets about games and such constantly) and over half of his tweets are just shitposts LOL

Last I heard he had moved to Colorado and was working in the marijuana business.

Funny thing about him is that he was in high school when I first joined the boards so I still think of him as a kid.  But he would be well over 30 by now.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 03:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last I heard he had moved to Colorado and was working in the marijuana business.

Funny thing about him is that he was in high school when I first joined the boards so I still think of him as a kid.  But he would be well over 30 by now.

Same.  And he may have been even younger.  We kinda carried him through his childhood.  hehe
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 03:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Last I heard he had moved to Colorado and was working in the marijuana business.

(11-29-2021, 03:44 PM)Stewy Wrote: Same.  And he may have been even younger.  We kinda carried him through his childhood.  hehe

He is a year or two younger than me, IIRC, but he may be even younger and I'm 32, so He could be anywhere between 27-31! LOL
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I remember the old board, but when it vanished I think it took me awhile to find the motivation to find my way here.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2021, 09:33 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Wasn't he the guy who used 90% of his posts to trash Dalton?

Yeah buddy, and tried to convince me that Kap and Derek Carr were both FAR superior options...lol.

You right, he's probably bashing on the Bears board this season after a year in Dallas. LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Cornerblitz
Stormborn
wolfkaosaun
xxlt
Nebuchadnezzar
SteelCitySouth
Magikod
Circleville Guy
Orlando Bengal
RICHMONDBENGAL_07
I_C_DeadPeople
depthchart
PAPinhead
etc

Don't forget the Green Repper! LoL.

Who was that guy that drag raced? Think he had a Thunderbird as his avatar. Can't remember the name, but it's one of those.... nevermind, I think it was TheBurg?

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Oh yes I had forgot about that. There's a bunch of posters shake listed I miss. Hope they come back.
Reply/Quote