Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Homer Hall of Fame
(11-12-2021, 09:38 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You won't!
[Image: bane-no.gif]

AGAIN!

EDIT:  Anybody else wanna be a wise guy?

Hey man, i have feelings too.  Cry

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hey man, i have feelings too.  Cry

I'm sorry man.  I've been hard on you lately.  Come here you.
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Why do folks hate Denny?

He moderated a forum that some of us posted in for 10 years

He was optimistic about the team

He shared the location of his season tickets and invited any board member to stop by and say hi.

Any time he was invited to do something at the stadium, he shared the experience
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why do folks hate Denny?

He shared the location of his season tickets and invited any board member to stop by and say hi.

Any time he was invited to do something at the stadium, he shared the experience

Because near the end of the old board's time he became obnoxious with his ban hand outs. If you got critical, you got a time out, temporarily or permanently. 

There has to be a balance and Denny lost that balance. Sure you want to ban trolls and people who just go over board but people being critical of the team during losses or a losing season is going to happen amongst your fan base.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I was right that one time...... oops, wait a minute I was wrong then too.

Oh well I'm still going to post lots more wrong stuff on here and Jimmy Cracked Corn too

because I don't care lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because near the end of the old board's time he became obnoxious with his ban hand outs. If you got critical, you got a time out, temporarily or permanently. 

There has to be a balance and Denny lost that balance. Sure you want to ban trolls and people who just go over board but people being critical of the team during losses or a losing season is going to happen amongst your fan base.

I was on that forum for 10 years, got banned once for 3 days and I was the founder of the Carson Cavalry..I've been banned on this board more often than I've been active

"Critical" is a broad term. I doubt anyone got banned because they said "I really didn't like our execution of plays this past week"

The only person I remember getting banned was Joe From Flo, but he's the one that truly lost it.

It just strikes me as odd; folks didn't like Denny because he trended optimistic in a forum authorized and paid by the team

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Because near the end of the old board's time he became obnoxious with his ban hand outs. If you got critical, you got a time out, temporarily or permanently. 

He gave me 5 warning points or something like that, promised they were temporary.  And never did take them away.
[Image: disgusted.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Hey man, i have feelings too.  Cry

You know what Mr. HOF guy.  On second thought, here's what I think about your feelings.
[Image: smooch-muah.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I was on that forum for 10 years, got banned once for 3 days and I was the founder of the Carson Cavalry..I've been banned on this board more often than I've been active

"Critical" is a broad term. I doubt anyone got banned because they said "I really didn't like our execution of plays this past week"

The only person I remember getting banned was Joe From Flo, but he's the one that truly lost it.

It just strikes me as odd; folks didn't like Denny because he trended optimistic in a forum authorized and paid by the team

He banned Joe and yes he did lose it but the moment I lost faith in Denny and began to not like him was when he banned Bat. 

He also got into once with Shanniefly who no one on the board had an issue with. He wasn't always a moderator there either if I remember correctly but once he was being invited to Bengal functions his ego took off and he became judge, jury and executioner on any "infraction" he felt like going after.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Me and him had mirror seats on opposite sides of stadium. 

Mine were in section 108 row 1 on the 29 yard line on the Bengals defensive end of bench and his were on the visitors sideline row 1 about same spot on defensive end of bench. 

Anyway I tried to get that cat to trade tickets for a game or even just a half so I could sit in enemy territory and see what it was like one time. He was such a homer I thought he would like being over on Bengals sideline where you can interact with players somewhat as well. 

But he never would do it, yet he never banned me or put me in timeout. He did get pissed when I was a rookie still and regurgitated a very old post once. Scolded me harshly, but again Jimmy Cracked Corn on my end. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Okay, all of us from the Mothership has a story...who's next?
Hilarious
fred, you were quite fond of Denny as I remember.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like this Denny lad had some real forum power!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:45 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Sounds like this Denny lad had some real forum power!

He did. The Mothership was sponsored by the team and he was appointed to moderate it. None of us have any idea what parameters he was given to moderate. But one can assume that the owner who created The Pickens' Clause may not of been happy about fans trashing the team in a forum he paid for.

Pretty sure it's why so many in the forum trash to the extent...because they can

Reply/Quote

I'm not sure if hate is the proper word ? People (at least some anyways) disliked Denny because he tried to portray himself as a real "insider" many times. He tried to act like he was sitting in on front office meetings, closed door team meetings, Marvin and Mike confided in him and so on.

I don't doubt at all that he was more of an insider than any of us were. But in the same breath I also believe he blew his knowledge about the team way out of proportion.

One of his main arguments with joe from flo was basically about this very thing.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 11:22 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not sure if hate is the proper word ? People (at least some anyways) disliked Denny because he tried to portray himself as a real "insider" many times. He tried to act like he was sitting in on front office meetings, closed door team meetings, Marvin and Mike confided in him and so on.

I don't doubt at all that he was more of an insider than any of us were. But in the same breath I also believe he blew his knowledge about the team way out of proportion.

One of his main arguments with joe from flo was basically about this very thing.

Well if that's grounds for dislike...I don't like anyone

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2021, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well if that's grounds for dislike...I don't like anyone

He's a clout chaser and a poseur. Go take a look at the 2 picutres on his twitter. 

One of him sitting on the steps of a private plane. 
One of him sitting at a table with a microphone and the Bengals back drop as if he's in a news conference. 

And his black eyes look like Scut Farkus. 

Dork

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The only person I remember getting banned was Joe From Flo, but he's the one that truly lost it.

Denny and Joe knew each other outside of the message board and went way back.

When they fell out it got ugly.

And Joe did kind of lose it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 10:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: He gave me 5 warning points or something like that, promised they were temporary.  And never did take them away.
[Image: disgusted.gif]

He warned me by accident, supposedly, promised to remove the points and never did.

My only warning on the old boards.

(11-12-2021, 10:32 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: He banned Joe and yes he did lose it but the moment I lost faith in Denny and began to not like him was when he banned Bat. 

He also got into once with Shanniefly who no one on the board had an issue with. He wasn't always a moderator there either if I remember correctly but once he was being invited to Bengal functions his ego took off and he became judge, jury and executioner on any "infraction" he felt like going after.

I never hated Denny. He was more like a meme to me. I just found humor in it. I was told by people who used to be mods on there that the homer act was all for show. So I think that plays into why a lot of people didn't like him. Kinda the same reason people don't like Hobson. People just don't like paid shills.

It seems like bfine preferred the looser moderation of the old boards, but idk if people remember the downfalls of that. We had a lot more issues with trolls on the old board. We had the whole deal with Tigers Blood which damn near broke the board. People were questioning who was real and who was fake.

I much prefer what we have going on here. Very low troll count, and as long as you don't act the fool, you don't get banned. Very fair. Not that we're perfect by any stretch.

But back to Denny, he did spearhead the angry homer side which really made the old boards toxic at times. Not sure if he really was disciplining people for being negative, but I know that myself and many others said he handed out infractions for questionable at best reasons, often claiming it was a mistake.

Now was this something he was directed to do by management? I'd say that's a good possibility, but who knows? Again, I didn't hate the guy. It was nothing personal on my end. I just saw him for what he was.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 11:48 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: You're picking a fight with a guy you don't want to pick a fight with....

[Image: FD7Q2TOXMAEn2pg?format=jpg&name=medium]

And, Mr. Harris....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 09:27 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Isn't this like the 2nd time this week?
[Image: bane-no.gif]

This SO needs an emoji, but I like it
Reply/Quote