Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Homer Hall of Fame
Heard he even got to drive Mike's Chevy Lumina!   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:51 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Got to ride in (drive?) Mike's golf cart, if memory serves.  Rarified air.  

Obligatory...

[Image: benjarvus-green-ellis-mike-brown-knee-530x383.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 01:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Obligatory...

That was great, and the laugh it got in the team meeting  Hilarious
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 01:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Why does it matter though?

It is a cautionary tale for anyone who wants to mock someone for being positive when things look bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 08:41 AM)SHRacerX Wrote:  I guess being optimistic means homer.

Uh, no.  That is a classic straw man.

Being positive does not make you a homer.

Predicting playoffs when you are 3-5, have lost 3 straight home games, and lost a lot of games to losing teams makes you a "homer".
Reply/Quote
Could of been lots of posters honestly, but DennyG stands out to me at that time as it was on the old board and he
was buddies with MB and was a major Homer. Bfine and me were homers at the time along with SHRacer and quite a
few others. I didn't expect us to make the Playoffs that year though I don't think, was always hoping though.

I always have a lot of hope, I have to. No fun being a fan for me if I don't.
Reply/Quote
Well I doubt it was me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Fun fact... We beat Dallas that year on an 8-0 run to end the season if not for a bullshit unnecessary roughness call against Reggie Nelson who blasted Dez Bryant in his chest dislodging the ball on 3rd down.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:35 PM)jason Wrote: Fun fact... We beat Dallas that year on an 8-0 run to end the season if not for a bullshit unnecessary roughness call against Reggie Nelson who blasted Dez Bryant in his chest dislodging the ball on 3rd down.

The Predator ROCKED MAN!!! Rock On
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 01:52 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: You have to be kidding me?

I haven't said anything yet because it's obviously DENNYG2.

I specifically remember bfine having plenty of sarcastic replies for people saying the season was over when we hit 3-5. That said, I doubt he made any actual predictions.

You're probably right about Denny. I try to forget he existed though. Pretty sure his posting style was exposed as a scam.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We need to give Fred a break we've all seen his posts... on the rare occasions he is actually right it deserves their own thread.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I killed a possum with a shovel once.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 03:23 PM)Synric Wrote: We need to give Fred a break we've all seen his posts... on the rare occasions he is actually right it deserves their own thread.

Maybe a separate forum?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:35 PM)jason Wrote: Fun fact... We beat Dallas that year on an 8-0 run to end the season if not for a bullshit unnecessary roughness call against Reggie Nelson who blasted Dez Bryant in his chest dislodging the ball on 3rd down.

Reply/Quote
This thread just proves it! 100%

There mere mention of DennyG brings out the absolute worst in people!

He is the devil I tell you the devil!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 03:37 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

It was at that moment I realized you're not allowed to play defense in the NFL anymore. I miss Reggie...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 03:54 PM)jason Wrote: It was at that moment I realized you're not allowed to play defense in the NFL anymore. I miss Reggie...

Bell has been pretty good at laying down hits but yeah, Nelson could absolutely destroy a guy and also seemed to know where the ball would be going. He also probably hit a guy arguably the hardest clean hit I have ever seen in an NFL game when he destroyed Owen Daniels trying to go across the middle.

Laying out those type of hits AND getting 8 INT all in the same season.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 01:36 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Obligatory...

Still didn't keep him from being cut.  That knee squeeze must not have been firm.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
DennyG was/is a tool. He just happened to be a fan of the same team we follow.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Mike: Hey moderator guy, how's that internet doo-hickey talking board thing going?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportscasting.com%2...f=1&nofb=1]

DennyG2: They say mean things about you, boss!

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcsicable.net%2F~bengalsm...f=1&nofb=1]

Mike: ......

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F-c-M...f=1&nofb=1]

DennyG2: Don't worry, boss! I shoot down all negativity and spread propaganderrrrr I mean positivity on there every day! I ban all dissenters and shame those with negative opinions!

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcsicable.net%2F~bengalsm...f=1&nofb=1]

Mike:

[Image: CGsQIuMW0AAuEpQ?format=jpg&name=small]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote