Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Homer Hall of Fame
(11-12-2021, 04:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Mike: Hey moderator guy, how's that internet doo-hickey talking board thing going?

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportscasting.com%2...f=1&nofb=1]

DennyG2: They say mean things about you, boss!

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcsicable.net%2F~bengalsm...f=1&nofb=1]

Mike: ......

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F-c-M...f=1&nofb=1]

DennyG2: Don't worry, boss! I shoot down all negativity and spread propaganderrrrr I mean positivity on there every day! I ban all dissenters and shame those with negative opinions!

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcsicable.net%2F~bengalsm...f=1&nofb=1]

Mike:

[Image: CGsQIuMW0AAuEpQ?format=jpg&name=small]

[Image: 822.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 02:35 PM)jason Wrote: Fun fact... We beat Dallas that year on an 8-0 run to end the season if not for a bullshit unnecessary roughness call against Reggie Nelson who blasted Dez Bryant in his chest dislodging the ball on 3rd down.

Was there; first ever NFL game. Went with my dad, as he's been a 'boys fan since the 60s and it was his first NFL game too.

They showed the replay in the stadium and we all lost our shit.

Rob Ryan lost his shit as well lol (but not at that).

Dunlap was also called for a facemask that wasn't a facemask, after he sacked Romo on 3rd down.

We led that game with... either 11, 9 or 4 minutes left in the first and lost AT the gun.

Was a VERY long car ride back to Maple (just north of Toronto). Sad

Guess karma came back to my dad though: we were pulled over by a trooper on the I-75, around Toledo and my dad was going 88 (facepalm).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 12:23 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So who was a member here in 2012?

After shocking the world by making the playoffs in 2011 we were rewarded with opening the season on Monday night football AT HOME.  Unfortunately we got curb stomped by the Ravens 44-13 and there was lots of talk of "overrated" and "fluke".  Reminders that the 2011 team had finished 9-8 and our only win against a winning team was the very average 9-7 Titans.

We won our next three games, but none of those opponents had won more than 5 games in 2011.  We were all very proud of 3-1, but a lot of people still had a lot of doubts.

We then lost 3 straight to the 1-3 Dolphins, the 0-5 Browns, and the 2-3 Steelers.

We were really struggling at 3-4 but at least we had a bye week to get everything straightened out.  

After the bye we lost our third straight HOME game to drop to 3-5.  We had also won only 16 of our last 42 games. Only 3 AFC teams had fewer wins than us, and 4 of our remaining opponents were at .500 or better including the 6-2 Ravens, the 6-3 Giants, a road game against the 5-3 Steelers, and a 2000 mile road trip to the 4-4 Chargers.. Pretty much everyone was throwing in the towel.

But there was one guy who predicted we would make the playoffs.  For the life of me I can not remember who it was, but you can imagined how he was abused for saying that.

Not only do we win all of those games against teams that were .500 or better, but we went 7-1 and make the playoffs.  Our defense which had been 25th  in scoring and 21st in yards over the first half of the season allowed the second fewest points and 3rd fewest yards over the last 8 weeks of the season.  Our offense also improved from 15th in scoring to 9th.

Anyone remember who that was who said we would make the playoffs when we were 3-5?

Is it too late to throw my hat into the ring and say that it was me?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bell has been pretty good at laying down hits but yeah, Nelson could absolutely destroy a guy and also seemed to know where the ball would be going. He also probably hit a guy arguably the hardest clean hit I have ever seen in an NFL game when he destroyed Owen Daniels trying to go across the middle.

Laying out those type of hits AND getting 8 INT all in the same season.
Oh my God! I'd never seen that hit on Daniels before. That was the one game I missed that year. I had it on the radio, but don't remember the hoopla I'm sure Lapham put on air after that.

I do believe he drilled Antonio Brown once too. Hit him so hard Brown pulled his shirt up (presumably to look for bones popping through his skin).
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
It's funny that DennyG is 100% positive on the Bengals but he's such an ass when it comes to the Reds.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:31 PM)J24 Wrote: It's funny that DennyG is 100% positive on the Bengals but he's such an ass when it comes to the Reds.

Bob C never let him ride on his golf cart with him.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Bell has been pretty good at laying down hits but yeah, Nelson could absolutely destroy a guy and also seemed to know where the ball would be going. He also probably hit a guy arguably the hardest clean hit I have ever seen in an NFL game when he destroyed Owen Daniels trying to go across the middle.

Laying out those type of hits AND getting 8 INT all in the same season.

Wicked... Cool
Reply/Quote
If we’re patting ourselves on the back I feel obligated to mention I correctly predicted a playoff season in 2009 after the terrible 08 year ThumbsUp go me!

This season is far from over that’s for sure. Could kick ass against good teams and lose to the bad teams we play. Could win out or lose out. The last few games are troubling but even the brightest on this board have no idea how this one plays out. Team has proven they can play with the best in the league or lose to the worst.

Jax just beat Buffalo, Dolphins beat Ravens. We beat up on Steelers who beat Cleveland who beat us. We crushed Baltimore who still has all of their other division games remaining. As long as this defense plays better than they have the last few weeks the rest of this season will be very interesting. Still a TON of teams with realistic playoff hopes alive.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If we’re patting ourselves on the back I feel obligated to mention I correctly predicted a playoff season in 2009 after the terrible 08 year ThumbsUp go me!

This season is far from over that’s for sure. Could kick ass against good teams and lose to the bad teams we play. Could win out or lose out. The last few games are troubling but even the brightest on this board have no idea how this one plays out. Team has proven they can play with the best in the league or lose to the worst.

Jax just beat Buffalo, Dolphins beat Ravens. We beat up on Steelers who beat Cleveland who beat us. We crushed Baltimore who still has all of their other division games remaining. As long as this defense plays better than they have the last few weeks the rest of this season will be very interesting. Still a TON of teams with realistic playoff hopes alive.

Yeah, LF40 was always around with optimism back in the good old days and still is too...

And yes, tons of football yet to be played and I honestly don't know how it will unfold. Seems everytime I pick us to win we lose
and everytime I pick us to lose we win. Strange how this happens sometimes but this season seems to be wild all across the NFL
and not just with our Bengals. Just happy we are in the thick of it this time around.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 05:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: If we’re patting ourselves on the back I feel obligated to mention I correctly predicted a playoff season in 2009 after the terrible 08 year ThumbsUp go me!

That is actually more impressive than a lot of people realize.

Going into the '09 season the Bengals had had only one winning season in 18 years.  A lot of people considered '05 just a fluke.
Reply/Quote
So wait...is anyone going to predict playoffs this year so they can call it back in 2030?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 07:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So wait...is anyone going to predict playoffs this year so they can call it back in 2030?

I will.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 07:05 PM)PhilHos Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

I will.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76117763f0b0b2dc5c690b...y.gif&ct=g]

For 2030.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 07:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76117763f0b0b2dc5c690b...y.gif&ct=g]

For 2030.

Which message board do you think we'll be on talking about the old "The Bengals Board" forums?
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 07:11 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Which message board do you think we'll be on talking about the old "The Bengals Board" forums?

Oh don't worry. We'll still be here. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 06:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is actually more impressive than a lot of people realize.

Going into the '09 season the Bengals had had only one winning season in 18 years.  A lot of people considered '05 just a fluke.

I remember Bill Cowher calling the Bengals a playoff team in 2009. He did it at the end of the 2008 season. He mentioned Zimmer's imprint on the defense and the return of Carson Palmer as factors.

I won a $100 bet with a now departed friend in 2011... I bet that the Bengals would win a minimum of 7 games that season... That counts for something.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 07:21 PM)jason Wrote: I remember Bill Cowher calling the Bengals a playoff team in 2009. He did it at the end of the 2008 season. He mentioned Zimmer's imprint on the defense and the return of Carson Palmer as factors.

I won a $100 bet with a now departed friend in 2011... I bet that the Bengals would win a minimum of 7 games that season... That counts for something.

The Bengals killed your friend?!

[Image: shock.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 07:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: The Bengals killed your friend?!

[Image: shock.jpg]

No... Pretending to be an electrician did. The moral of the story; stay in your lane. That weirdo was a Dolphins fan.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
What in the hell is this thread about?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2021, 07:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh don't worry. We'll still be here. ThumbsUp

You won't!
[Image: bane-no.gif]

AGAIN!

EDIT:  Anybody else wanna be a wise guy?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote