Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer article alert
It was fun reading though …

Path to the playoffs and various records broken along the way.

https://theathletic.com/3775164/2022/11/09/bengals-predictions-joe-burrow-afc-north/
Reply/Quote
Only let me read a paragraph before blocking the content
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 07:34 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Only let me read a paragraph before blocking the content

Check your PM's
Reply/Quote
Thanks for posting and hope he is right about the Bengals playing well from here on out.

But don't see Hubbard getting more sacks than Hendrickson unless Trey gets hurt and misses several games.

Hubbard is one of my favorite Bengals but think they have different styles. To me Hubbard is more important per how well he tackles and contains the QB in the pocket, but hard not to like Hendrickson's attacking style that should yield more sacks once he gets going.

Like the author I still believe the Bengals make the playoffs, but admittedly its still a tough road to hoe still that starts with beating them steelers.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
NP!

Yeah. Definitely a glass half full perspective on several things. Especially all the records.

I think at best, they grab the WC spot.

Between
1. No Chase for ~ 3-4 more weeks
2. Awuzie out for the year
3. The remaining schedule

A wild card would be a gift.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:25 PM)Whacked Wrote: Sorry about that ….

Joe Burrow cooks and AFC North revenge: Bengals second-half predictions

This post is gonna get the axe. 

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Reminder-about-Posting-articles

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Nice read, thanks Whacked. Cool

I predict CTB will be the first Corner to get a pick this season and it happens against the stealers next Sunday.

I get entirely what the dude is saying and could see it all happening, we will see. If we sweep the Division, we should
be in a nice spot as I am not scared of any team we play, not even the Bills. Should be fun, it isn't over that is for damn
sure as he has been arguing with some of our fellow Bengal's fans.

Getting the running game going is huge with better OL play, same with our young Corners coming along. Surprised Trey
only has 4 sacks honestly, I expect this to change and disagree with his prediction of Sam getting more sacks by the
season's end. Trey is just the better pass rusher, only way I see this happening is if Trey scares the QB into Sam a lot...
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:42 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Thanks for posting and hope he is right about the Bengals playing well from here on out.

But don't see Hubbard getting more sacks than Hendrickson unless Trey gets hurt and misses several games.

Hubbard is one of my favorite Bengals but think they have different styles. To me Hubbard is more important per how well he tackles and contains the QB in the pocket, but hard not to like Hendrickson's attacking style that should yield more sacks once he gets going.

Like the author I still believe the Bengals make the playoffs, but admittedly its still a tough road to hoe still that starts with beating them steelers.

Wow we think alike lol
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 03:05 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Wow we think alike lol

You may need to seek help then lol. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:08 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Check your PM's

thank you, learn something new everyday. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:17 PM)Go Cards Wrote: You may need to seek help then lol. 

Help is for sane people. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Help is for sane people. Mellow

Well no doubt listening to great music helps us both

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 09:51 PM)Whacked Wrote: NP!

Yeah. Definitely a glass half full perspective on several things. Especially all the records.

I think at best, they grab the WC spot.

Between
1. No Chase for ~ 3-4 more weeks
2. Awuzie out for the year
3. The remaining schedule

A wild card would be a gift.

I agree,in all reality,that a wild card would be a gift.Hoping after the bye that this OL really comes together and consistently play above average.
Last year,after the bye,the defense really started coming on,and just got better and better,and got us through the playoffs,and into the SB.

Would love to see that happen with the OL this year,and Joe Mixon running through defenses.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2022, 08:28 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Well no doubt listening to great music helps us both

Yes, without music I would go really insane lol

(11-12-2022, 01:54 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I agree, in all reality, that a wild card would be a gift. Hoping after the bye that this OL really comes together and consistently play above average. Last year, after the bye, the defense really started coming on, and just got better and better, and got us through the playoffs, and
into the SB.

Would love to see that happen with the OL this year, and Joe Mixon running through defenses.

Same here, everything depends on how well the OL plays the rest of the year and how healthy we can stay.

I think if we stay relatively healthy especially on the OL the Panthers game could be the start of it all and we really start
to put it all together next Sunday against our hated rivals.
Reply/Quote
I'm worried about the near invisible pass rush this year
Other than Trey , nobody is really making QBs uncomfortable
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2022, 01:54 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I agree,in all reality,that a wild card would be a gift.Hoping after the bye that this OL really comes together and consistently play above average.
Last year,after the bye,the defense really started coming on,and just got better and better,and got us through the playoffs,and into the SB.

Would love to see that happen with the OL this year,and Joe Mixon running through defenses.

Yup. Last year the D pulled us through many times.

Reader’s return will be nice for sure but Awuzie out is worse than Chase’s absence IMHO.

So, it’s the O’s turn to dial it up and pull us through this year.

Getting Chase back isn’t going to hurt.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2022, 06:52 PM)Whacked Wrote: It was fun reading though …

Path to the playoffs and various records broken along the way.

https://theathletic.com/3775164/2022/11/09/bengals-predictions-joe-burrow-afc-north/

Do you work for the Athletic or something? I ain't paying $2 to read an article.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2022, 09:47 AM)Whacked Wrote: Yup. Last year the D pulled us through many times.

Reader’s return will be nice for sure but Awuzie out is worse than Chase’s absence IMHO.

So, it’s the O’s turn to dial it up and pull us through this year.

Getting Chase back isn’t going to hurt.

We will just have to hope the young Corners grow fast. But yeah, the Offense is going to have to offset the growth process
of our young Corners. Same with Reader coming back and Ossai growing as a player, a good pass rush always helps out the 
Corners more than anything.

(11-14-2022, 01:50 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Do you work for the Athletic or something? I ain't paying $2 to read an article.

He had it printed out on here before so we could read it, was a nice article but yeah, not paying for it.
Reply/Quote