Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer faces the ownage
This is something I hate to do.  But I do similar threads for all of our opponents, so I can't skip the Steelers.

Marvin Lewis's regular season record is 8-18 (.308) against the Steelers and 105-76-2 (.579) against everyone else.  Including the playoff losses his winning percentage against the Steelers is less than thirty percent (.286)

Bengals have only won 1 of last 6 and 3 of last 13.

Right now the ownage is as bad as it has ever been.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is something I hate to do.  But I do similar threads for all of our opponents, so I can't skip the Steelers.

Marvin Lewis's regular season record is 8-18 (.308) against the Steelers and 105-76-2 (.579) against everyone else.  Including the playoff losses his winning percntage against the Steelers is lass than thirty percent (.286)

Bengls have only won 1 of last 6 and 3 of last 13.

I couldn't agree more with this Fred, which is why I've said, until this team steps up and turn things around, I can only expect the norm.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 65002_10202124972109507_1736288885_n.jpg...e=584020D3]
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
They've owned us no doubt.. No matter how good we seem, they somehow have this hold over us. Its not just us an Pitt, there's other rivalries across the league that have teams with some power over others.

Hopefully one day the scales may begin to tip towards us.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Steelers vs Patriots last 12 matchups Pats lead 9-3.
Reply/Quote
Yep, it is amazing how many ways we have found to lose to these cheaters.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They've owned us no doubt.. No matter how good we seem, they somehow have this hold over us. Its not just us an Pitt, there's other rivalries across the league that have teams with some power over others.

No better time than Sunday ....... but I won't hold my breath.
Reply/Quote
Sure, the Steelers have had the upper hand, theres no denying that.

However, let's put a few things in perspective:

1. The Bengals won in Pittsburgh last year.
2. Lost in Cincy after Dalton went out.
3. Lost a very close one in Cincy with a backup QB.

I get it, but it's not like this team is getting dominated like they used to. The games are close and usually one play makes the difference. It's not the same old Bengals.
Reply/Quote
In order to really become a power team, they have to find a way to turn things around against Pittsburgh. Remember when the Colts would go into New England every year and lose? It didn't matter how good they did in the regular season or against the rest of the league, it just never seemed they could get past the Patriots. Reminds me of that a little.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: ......   It's not the same old Bengals.

Five consecutive trips to the playoffs and 7 out of the last 15 years confirms that.

NOW if they can just get a handle on them like they have gotten recently on the Ravens.  Last 7 games, Bengals lead 6-1.

Last 7 Steelers/Ravens games, Ravens lead 5-2.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is something I hate to do.  But I do similar threads for all of our opponents, so I can't skip the Steelers.

Marvin Lewis's regular season record is 8-18 (.308) against the Steelers and 105-76-2 (.579) against everyone else.  Including the playoff losses his winning percentage against the Steelers is less than thirty percent (.286)

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the ownage has occurred at home...which makes it even more frustrating. The Bengals, for whatever reason, play much better in Pittsburgh.

I'm so tired of seeing the Steelers leave PBS victorious.  Sick

I want so badly to see them sweep Pitt this year, and even more so, embarrass them at PBS! 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:50 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Sure, the Steelers have had the upper hand, theres no denying that.

However, let's put a few things in perspective:

1.  The Bengals won in Pittsburgh last year.
2.  Lost in Cincy after Dalton went out.
3.  Lost a very close one in Cincy with a backup QB.

I get it, but it's not like this team is getting dominated like they used to.  The games are close and usually one play makes the difference.   It's not the same old Bengals.

Reps, this is the damn truth. I think the tables are starting to turn our way.

Watch this Sunday, we could win convincingly against that Secondary. Last year our Defense held Pitt down better
than about anybody too. The game where Dalton went out the Offense is what gave them great field advantage and
was the main reason they scored so many points. We played AB very well and that was with Bryant in the fold.

Just need to slow down the run and get Ben into 3rd and longs so Geno can feast.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:32 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: They've owned us no doubt.. No matter how good we seem, they somehow have this hold over us. Its not just us an Pitt, there's other rivalries across the league that have teams with some power over others.

Speaking of ownage... I have literally wasted a lot of time watch the GIF in your signature here at work.  I could watch it all day. 
Reply/Quote

Its a good thing that past records in football have absolutely no impact on current events.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:43 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Steelers vs Patriots last 12 matchups Pats lead 9-3.

You could say that about the Patriots and anyone. Not hard when you lose 1-2 games a year... 
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:08 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You could say that about the Patriots and anyone. Not hard when you lose 1-2 games a year... 

Didn't we beat the Pats the last time we played?
Reply/Quote
The only positive things I can say is that we beat them in Heinz last year, and were looking good on the first drive of game 2 until Dalton threw that fluky INT. We also had them beat in the playoff game. If Dalton hadn't been injured, it's possible we could've gone 3-0 against them last year. Who knows.

Their overall dominance is undeniable though. They always seem to come up with that one play or call that gets them the W.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't we beat the Pats the last time we played?

No, but we did beat them in '13.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't we beat the Pats the last time we played?

I think we beat them in that mosoon game a few years ago at PBS, if that was the last time we played them..
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No, but we did beat them in '13.

Oh, then the last time we played them they kicked our ass in New England.

Need to change that this year.

(09-14-2016, 03:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think we beat them in that mosoon game a few years ago at PBS, if that was the last time we played them..

Yeah that was the game i was thinking about. Fun game, got after Brady that day.
Reply/Quote