Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homer faces the ownage
(09-14-2016, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is something I hate to do.  But I do similar threads for all of our opponents, so I can't skip the Steelers.

Marvin Lewis's regular season record is 8-18 (.308) against the Steelers and 105-76-2 (.579) against everyone else.  Including the playoff losses his winning percentage against the Steelers is less than thirty percent (.286)

Bengals have only won 1 of last 6 and 3 of last 13.

Right now the ownage is as bad as it has ever been.

The Bengals are 3-4 in last seven games played in regular season, compared to 2-5 the seven games before.  On the road in Heinz field the Bengals are 2-2 last 4 years and one of those wins keep Steelers out of the playoffs. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:01 PM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: Speaking of ownage... I have literally wasted a lot of time watch the GIF in your signature here at work.  I could watch it all day. 

This is what Bengals fans call a victory.
Reply/Quote
Considering that all of our 5 losses to the Steelers we were missing huge pieces in not too worried. 2 out of 5 we didn't have Dalton and 2 out of 5 we didn't have Eifert/Jones/Burfict/healthy Atkins. The matchup isn't as lopsided as you want to make it out to be.
Reply/Quote
I definitely have more confidence in the Bengals to win than what I once had years ago. This team has assembled a lot of talent & it's time to show it.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 01:26 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is something I hate to do.  But I do similar threads for all of our opponents, so I can't skip the Steelers.

Marvin Lewis's regular season record is 8-18 (.308) against the Steelers and 105-76-2 (.579) against everyone else.  Including the playoff losses his winning percentage against the Steelers is less than thirty percent (.286)

Bengals have only won 1 of last 6 and 3 of last 13.

Right now the ownage is as bad as it has ever been.

In the interest of fair balance, I applaud your research.   In Marv's defense, he has similarly OWNED the Ravens.  Now, if I could choose to flip that script, I would rather beat those assbags from PA, even if our overall record would be the same.  So, to be fair, he has been very good against Baltimore.  (Sorry to steal your thunder for Baltimore game Nervous ).
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:01 PM)OnlyBengalsFanInTown Wrote: Speaking of ownage... I have literally wasted a lot of time watch the GIF in your signature here at work.  I could watch it all day. 

I remember watching the Richard Seymour bytch slap of Pig Ben that dropped him lack a sack of potatoes about 1000 times. I not only loved watching the impact, but how his teammates just looked at him on the ground like "how did you get down there?" 

I felt a little bad having watched it with such joy until I noticed it had something like 2 million views...at least I wasn't alone!
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2016, 03:07 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Its a good thing that past records in football have absolutely no impact on current events.

Wait, are you telling us to stop talking about our past losses to the Steelers, or to stop talking about making the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 12:13 AM)tlotharw Wrote: This is what Bengals fans call a victory.

...and obviously you are not a Bengal fan.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:20 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Wait, are you telling us to stop talking about our past losses to the Steelers, or to stop talking about making the playoffs 6 of the past 7 years?

I vote for both Hilarious
Reply/Quote