Poll: Will the Cincinnati Bengals win a Super Bowl Before you die?
Yes.
No.
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honest Answers ONLY.
Think so if the league stops being biased against them.

Need to expand our fan base somehow to help this along, lol.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
They won't under Marvin Lewis. Not a chance.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:18 PM)Antares Wrote: They won't under Marvin Lewis. Not a chance.

Yes they can.
Reply/Quote
Yes were gonna win won this year.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 10:46 AM)jonesy84 Wrote: I'm pretty young yet, so yes, I can see this happening in my lifetime... ThumbsUp

That's what I thought when I was young and they were good.  Then Paul Brown died and the doof that is Mike Brown started making one boneheaded decision after the other.  Before I knew it 15 years had passed and I was no longer young.  During that 15 years the Benglas learned how to lose really well and then came Marvin, things turned around but the stinch still lingers.  I'm now 50 and best case scenario 2/3 done with life (if family history is any indication).  So I voted No because I've seen too much to vote otherwise.

I hope I'm wrong for both of our sakes.  I'd hate to think any youngins would have to weather the same misery of us older folks.
Reply/Quote
Meh, who knows. I'd like to say "yes" but I think of how much of my life has occurred since the last time the Bengals even made a playoff run (I'm 35 now) and I wonder if it's too crazy to just toss "continue getting old and die" in there before they win it all.

Assuming I can muster another 50 years on this planet I have to wonder what the NFL will look like by then. Think of how different it is from 1956 to now, after all.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Yes they can.

Bengal fans are tolerant. Way too tolerant. Pittsburgh would never accept a coach who was 8 & 21 against the Bengals. The fan outrage would force him out. No way in hell would they support that crap. That's why they have the rings.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:34 PM)Antares Wrote: Bengal fans are tolerant. Way too tolerant. Pittsburgh would never accept a coach who was 8 & 21 against the Bengals. The fan outrage would force him out. No way in hell would they support that crap. That's why they have the rings.

Fans don't change coaches.

If they did then Steeler fans would have fired Tomlin when he failed to produce a winning season in '12 and '13.
Reply/Quote
Not sure if we will when one over the next 5 years but the Bengals will play in at least one Super Bowl during that time.
Reply/Quote
Yes, but it won't be this year.
Reply/Quote
I don't think it will be under this coaching staff but I'm hoping in the next 50 years we'll have won one. If football is still around that is.
Reply/Quote
I'd feel more confident with Zimmer as head coach....but that boat has sailed.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Yes, but it won't be this year.

I agree with Bonnie, as far as it not being this year, and not necessarily because of the performance by the team, because I watched the Giants back into the playoffs as a wild card team twice, 9-7 and 10-6, depending on other teams to lose, and still win two SBs.

The reason I agree it won't be this year or any other year is because of what the NFL is allowing to go on within the league and especially the preferential treatment that a few other teams get, not just the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 06:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Fans don't change coaches.

If they did then Steeler fans would have fired Tomlin when he failed to produce a winning season in '12 and '13.

Even with that, that organization still has only had 6 losing seasons since 1972!!
Reply/Quote
This is the year.

Sluggish start. I'm not worried. Eifert and Tez are coming back. Our Oline will get its shit together. Boyd and Lafell look good enough. Going to be awesome!!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Sure. Even with Marvin possibly. We were close last year then Dalton got hurt.
Reply/Quote
I'll say no and I really don't care.

I live in the moment.Win next week v. Denver; that's enough to satisfy me.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 11:11 AM)jj22 Wrote: Shoot, I'm worried I might not see a playoff win!

Lol. X2
Reply/Quote
I had belief it could of been last year and this year. But the last game and the playoffs last year put together. I don't see it any time soon. It's bee mentioned the NFL don't want to allow a Bengals vs buccs ,when they can have a Steelers vs Carolina, two big bandwagon team. The NFL is a joke now to me, but I'm giving this year to prove wrong if I'm right I'm going to really cut down my interest in the NFL. I can't say I won't watch but it's time to move on in life, like an abusive relationship lol it's not fun being on the short end of the bad calls. Steelers fans don't care they still rub it in and say cry me a river blah blah blah. My gut tells me we need to be in the inner circle with goodell and have a famous coach like gruden, to bad we didnt hire zimmer. He's already 2-0 with a less talent team but he is in the nfc.
Reply/Quote
Honestly - with no emotion or motive to this answer whatsoever - I think I'll be in my twilight years before that happens (I'm 35 now). I don't see it happening with Marvin Lewis/Mike Brown and therefore this core of players (Andy, Green, Atkins, etc).

Once this core is gone, I could see some rebuilding years maybe 6-7 years from now. After that, it just depends on how long Mike Brown lives, whether or not Katie hires a competant GM, and many other factors.

To sum it up...Maybe we win it all 15-25 years from now, but many things will have to change. Hopefully Katie (or a GM) isn't quite as patient and tolerant as Mike Brown. Patience is good to an extent, but you can't keep a coach like Dave Shula for 5 years or give somebody 15 years to win a playoff game. You don't have to be the Cleveland Browns, but there should be limits to your patience.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote