Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honestly, I am kind of disappointed that we won today
I know this isn't a very fan-like thing to say, but I think I would have preferred we lose today. The way this team played was so pathetic. They were unable to run on a team allowing over 120 yards per game on the ground, finding only 58 yards of rushing offense on 21 carries all day. And 26 of those yards were on a WR end around and a QB scramble. So for our actual running backs, they managed 34 yards on 17 carries, or 2 yards per carry.

And our overall offense was even more pathetic compared to the defense they were facing. Indianapolis' defense allows over 420 yards per game. This team managed to put together just 276 yards (67 of which were on one extreme effort play by Mixon).

Speaking of Mixon, he got 18 yards on 11 carries. Just...really let that sink in. That is how bad our offensive line (and/or our RBs) are at providing any kind of offense.

And then our defense, which is supposedly our strength, let an offense led by Frank Gore (who's 34, by the way) and Jacoby Brissett put together scoring drives of 48 yards, 65 yards and 88 yards in a row, while only forcing one punt in that time span. There were some drives where the offense or special teams put them in an awful position and they did come out with field goals in those cases (scoring drives of 16 yards and 26 yards I'd consider successes as they were only field goals).

Thankfully, the Colts came out passing on a drive where they had no business passing (just run the clock with your 34 year old RB that is averaging 5 yards per carry, you dumbasses. He even just got 4 yards on 1st down the previous play!) which resulted in a lucky tip-pick six by Dunlap. But even then, the offense was completely incapable of closing the door on these losers' faces!

I know it isn't entirely Dalton's fault because he is being pressured on every single play, but he threw so many passes into the dirt, it seemed like he was suffering from vertigo!

This win accomplished nothing. We were 8.5 point favorites and we squeaked by on the strength of a DE pick six on a play that should have never been called in the first place. We very nearly (and we should have) lost to the worst team in football.

If we had lost, maybe that would have been incentive to FIRE MARVIN LEWIS. Or, at least, see if McCarron can fare any better when he's running for his life.

It feels weird to feel like venting on the forums on a day where we came away with the W, but the path to victory was so unbelievably pathetic that I can't help but feel like it was just delaying the inevitable and, ultimately, just worsening our chances of being rid of this god forsaken coach at the end of the year.

That, and our draft position just got worse.

I certainly hope that, miraculously, we come back from this and go on a run and make the playoffs. That would make my year.

But if you're being honest with yourself, you know that this team is never going to beat a competent team the way they're playing this year. So while we got the victory, it felt so utterly hollow that it may as well have never even happened...
Reply/Quote
If they lose and fire Marvin in season, whatever assistant they hire will likely be made permanent. May as well just let it play out and see what happens.
Reply/Quote
I hear what you're saying

But Marvin Lewis could lose the next 6 in a row and Mike's not gonna fire him - in season. In fact it really won't totally shock me if Marvin doesn't get reupped !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As long as Marvin is fired and we take a serious look at upgrading the QB position, i'm good.
Reply/Quote
I’d like to see Westerman get a shot at RG or C before end of the season. I expected him to become a quality starter when drafted. Thought he was a steal in Rd 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I've been a fan of this team pretty much since the beginning and I've never been disappointed with a win.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
The ho-hum numbness of being a Bengals fan is being 99% sure no matter how much you win that you won't win the SB, yet no matter how much you lose, or how badly the off-season is bungled you won't get to see changes in the front office.

Some franchises are solid winners with lifetime personnel. Some are constantly in flux. The Bengals are just the purgatory of the NFL...but at least we escaped from the hell that was the 90s. Wait....Hell -> Purgatory -> Paradise? Perhaps Dante was a Bengals fan?
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know this isn't a very fan-like thing to say, but I think I would have preferred we lose today. The way this team played was so pathetic. They were unable to run on a team allowing over 120 yards per game on the ground, finding only 58 yards of rushing offense  on 21 carries all day. And 26 of those yards were on a WR end around and a QB scramble. So for our actual running backs, they managed 34 yards on 17 carries, or 2 yards per carry.

And our overall offense was even more pathetic compared to the defense they were facing. Indianapolis' defense allows over 420 yards per game. This team managed to put together just 276 yards (67 of which were on one extreme effort play by Mixon).

Speaking of Mixon, he got 18 yards on 11 carries. Just...really let that sink in. That is how bad our offensive line (and/or our RBs) are at providing any kind of offense.

And then our defense, which is supposedly our strength, let an offense led by Frank Gore (who's 34, by the way) and Jacoby Brissett put together scoring drives of 48 yards, 65 yards and 88 yards in a row, while only forcing one punt in that time span. There were some drives where the offense or special teams put them in an awful position and they did come out with field goals in those cases (scoring drives of 16 yards and 26 yards I'd consider successes as they were only field goals).

Thankfully, the Colts came out passing on a drive where they had no business passing (just run the clock with your 34 year old RB that is averaging 5 yards per carry, you dumbasses. He even just got 4 yards on 1st down the previous play!) which resulted in a lucky tip-pick six by Dunlap. But even then, the offense was completely incapable of closing the door on these losers' faces!

I know it isn't entirely Dalton's fault because he is being pressured on every single play, but he threw so many passes into the dirt, it seemed like he was suffering from vertigo!

This win accomplished nothing. We were 8.5 point favorites and we squeaked by on the strength of a DE pick six on a play that should have never been called in the first place. We very nearly (and we should have) lost to the worst team in football.

If we had lost, maybe that would have been incentive to FIRE MARVIN LEWIS. Or, at least, see if McCarron can fare any better when he's running for his life.

It feels weird to feel like venting on the forums on a day where we came away with the W, but the path to victory was so unbelievably pathetic that I can't help but feel like it was just delaying the inevitable and, ultimately, just worsening our chances of being rid of this god forsaken coach at the end of the year.

I certainly hope that, miraculously, we come back from this and go on a run and make the playoffs. That would make my year.

But if you're being honest with yourself, you know that this team is never going to beat a competent team the way they're playing this year. So while we got the victory, it felt so utterly hollow that it may as well have never even happened...

Our defense made plays in the end to win, but they also allowed the Colts to control the clock and number of plays. Our offense only had around 50 plays so based on number of plays. Add in our OL sucks it is a good thing we have a good QB or we lose going away today.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know this isn't a very fan-like thing to say, but I think I would have preferred we lose today. The way this team played was so pathetic. They were unable to run on a team allowing over 120 yards per game on the ground, finding only 58 yards of rushing offense on 21 carries all day. And 26 of those yards were on a WR end around and a QB scramble. So for our actual running backs, they managed 34 yards on 17 carries, or 2 yards per carry.

Hey, I’m with you. Problems on offense are obvious. Though people are content with how our defense is doing based off of their rankings. But how long before this defense can take a step from being a bend but don’t break kind of defense? That kind of defense will never cut it if we are up by less than 3 and playing a good team. Time and time again teams march down the field on us at the end of the half’s.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:10 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: If they lose and fire Marvin in season, whatever assistant they hire will likely be made permanent. May as well just let it play out and see what happens.

I think you are absolutely correct. This team did not deserve to win this game against a horrible team today. Winning now seems to just prolong the bleeding and as much as I would like to see an embarrassing loss that may lead to a complete shake up, mid season may be our worst case scenario right now( well other than Marvin staying). I don't want to see any ANY current coach or assistant of this team become HC. I don't even want to see Dalton next year. The only way this happens is a new HC in the offseason who can choose his staff and hopefully QB.
Reply/Quote
Oline gets no push in the run game. None. Can't handle stunts. Dalton was massacred today. Barely able to finish the game. This team isn't getting anywhere with this line. Major changes are needed. It's playoff win or bust at the very least for Marvin.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Neither team deserved a W today - scraping of the bottom of the NFL barrel...

As pathetic of an excuse for offensives lines as you'll ever see in this league - a display of utter shit in the trenches.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:32 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hear what you're saying

But Marvin Lewis could lose the next 6 in a row and Mike's not gonna fire him - in season. In fact it really won't totally shock me if Marvin doesn't get reupped !
I certainly hope not, Marvin hides behind excuses so he can have a job next year, He benched Aj for the rest of the season last year, twice he shelved Eifert, he does not play his best players WHY? So he can sell himself to Mike Brown year after year. He can say Mr. Brown I didn't win because AJ got hurt, Rookies didn't develop, ect.ect. See, if Marvin ever has a healthy team and plays his best players and they get destroyed first round, or don't make the playoffs then everyone will see, Its Marvins fault and he will be canned. There is a part of him that celebrates when players go down because his resume just got a little stronger [Image: 8AWxq9g.gif] Sad truth, What can Marvin do with a healthy talented team? Look no further than the 2 senior bowls he coached, his teams were absolutely destroyed despite talent being even [Image: 4M0fBlK.gif] . With Marvin its always selling hope for next year and never win now! Marvin has to go!
Reply/Quote
It is tough to watch our OL, yet never am I not wanting the win.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think some serious reality set in about the defense yesterday too. We made Brisket look like a good QB. When a QB basically isn't even looking at WR's, only at his TE, why is this TE constantly open? Will I live long enough to ever see a Bengals D stop a TE?

And now, two weeks in a row, we can't stop the run. Does it really take 5 guys to bring down Frank Gore? Way too many yards after contact.

And if WJIII isn't playing all the snaps, the whole defensive staff needs taken out and shot.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
been watching for 50 years and in the fourth quarter yesterday, for the first time, I told my son that I hoped Bengals would lose.

In truth the Colts deserved to win the game. Better game plan, far better coaching, and both of their lines had the better of the game including their o line on our d line.

How bad would we have lost if Luck had played today?

Dalton has no freaking chance with no rush game and missed blocks or worse up the middle on pass plays.

I have never see a more stupid rule than Hill must play the first series of each half and nothing else. What other team would do something so utterly pointless.

Dalton, Green, Geno and Dunlop do not deserve to shackled to this sorry and cheap organization.

Burfict and Mixon do not deserve to be stuck on this team.

Happy that for Whit that he got out of this insanity.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:35 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: As long as Marvin is fired and we take a serious look at upgrading MOST OF THE OLINE, i'm good.

FTFY   :andy:
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I caught myself wanting to lose midway through the fourth quarter. If we are going to suck, I want it to be an epic suck where everyone gets fired and Armageddon ensues.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2017, 10:05 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know this isn't a very fan-like thing to say, but I think I would have preferred we lose today. The way this team played was so pathetic. They were unable to run on a team allowing over 120 yards per game on the ground, finding only 58 yards of rushing offense  on 21 carries all day. And 26 of those yards were on a WR end around and a QB scramble. So for our actual running backs, they managed 34 yards on 17 carries, or 2 yards per carry.

LMAO.....maybe he is!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
And we all got mad because the players were yucking it up during the Pitt game. Maybe the players know this is a shit show and their head coach is a bafoon.... I'd laugh also to keep my sanity..
Reply/Quote