Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope the Ski Trip was....
fun Troy and Katie, maybe you should have been working instead of skiing....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-suffer-more-self-inflicted-wounds-at-trade-deadline-despite-having-the-most-to-gain/

from the article -

"Instead, they sat out the deadline, despite being the team with the most coveted assets, by far, and the most to gain, by far, and, at 0-8 and already playing to an empty stadium, nothing to lose. They weren't interested. No reason to even try to make a deal. Heck, some key members of the Brown family were on vacation in Switzerland"
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Smart! They were in a different country when Andy was told he was benched! You don't want to make a redhead mad!
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown is the one that would have handled the deals it's been mentioned he is the negotiator of the organization and really if the Bengals were offered a deal Paul Mike and Duke thought was worth it they could have set up a video conference pretty fast.

Hope they had a good vacation.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wish we could send this back in time to the off-season where were we convinced Mike Brown was just sleeping in the recliner while Katie and Troy were making all these monster hires and then having that monster draft.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: fun Troy and Katie, maybe you should have been working instead of skiing....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bengals-suffer-more-self-inflicted-wounds-at-trade-deadline-despite-having-the-most-to-gain/

from the article  -

"Instead, they sat out the deadline, despite being the team with the most coveted assets, by far, and the most to gain, by far, and, at 0-8 and already playing to an empty stadium, nothing to lose. They weren't interested. No reason to even try to make a deal.  Heck, some key members of the Brown family were on vacation in Switzerland"

future of the Franchise is in good hands folks.... Good hands...
Reply/Quote
Dont worry they have a Ruby Receptionist for trades
Reply/Quote
We may be in better hands with MB than when he dies and his mini me daughter and money grubbing son in law taken over. You have to be a damn fool to give this group your money. I will root for them because they are my team but they will never get a penny of my money.
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:00 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: We may be in better hands with MB than when he dies and his mini me daughter and money grubbing son in law taken over. You have to be a damn fool to give this group your money. I will root for them because they are my team but they will never get a penny of my money.

Yes. Mike Brown atleast learned under Paul Brown.

Katie and Troy learned under Mike Brown.
Reply/Quote
One word summary of the Bengals F.O.

fi·​as·​co | \ fē-ˈa-(ˌ)skō also -ˈä- \
plural fiascoes
Definition of fiasco (Entry 1 of 2)
: a complete failure
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:03 PM)corpjet Wrote: fun Troy and Katie, maybe you should have been working instead of skiing....

from the article  -

"Instead, they sat out the deadline, despite being the team with the most coveted assets, by far, and the most to gain, by far, and, at 0-8 and already playing to an empty stadium, nothing to lose. They weren't interested. No reason to even try to make a deal.  Heck, some key members of the Brown family were on vacation in Switzerland"

Despicable. I don't care if Mike Brown is still the decision maker. You do NOT go on vacation during the regular season. The bye week is not a 'vacation week'. If this doesn't show that winning is not forefront on their minds, I don't know what can.

I reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeally hope they are blasted for this by the media. Heck, I think the NFL should punish them for it. F#$*ing ridiculous.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Paul Brown is the one that would have handled the deals it's been mentioned he is the negotiator of the organization and really if the Bengals were offered a deal Paul Mike and Duke thought was worth it they could have set up a video conference pretty fast.

That family's been on vacation for going on 30 years. I hope they bother to actually do some work one of these decades.
Reply/Quote
I think if I had to work with Mike Brown, I would take as many vacations to different countries too! Sad
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
So Katie and Troy are getting blasted for having a Vacation, even although it's not their responsibility when it comes to dealing with trades and even although the organisation had already stated that they weren't interested in doing ANY deals.

I guess they need to check with the fans and media first before booking their next holiday just to make sure its ok
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 03:56 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: So Katie and Troy are getting blasted for having a Vacation, even although it's not their responsibility when it comes to dealing with trades and even although the organisation had already stated that they weren't interested in doing ANY deals.

I guess they need to check with the fans and media first before booking their next holiday just to make sure its ok

Yeah, pretty silly thing to get worked up over tbh.

Between this and losing our minds because we ruined Andy’s birthday, we’re on a roll...

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 03:07 PM)Synric Wrote: Paul Brown is the one that would have handled the deals it's been mentioned he is the negotiator of the organization and really if the Bengals were offered a deal Paul Mike and Duke thought was worth it they could have set up a video conference pretty fast.

This hope you enjoyed the vacation. The way most on here posts you would think they had to come back in horse drawn carriages and by sail boats.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 03:56 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: So Katie and Troy are getting blasted for having a Vacation, even although it's not their responsibility when it comes to dealing with trades and even although the organisation had already stated that they weren't interested in doing ANY deals.

The point is your in the middle of the football season and at an important juncture.  How many people on here said Troy and Katie "run" the team, now your saying its fine they do nothing???  cmon

Also isn't Katie the key contract and salary cap person, wouldn't they need that information for doing any trades?  Yes they should have been there, end of story not on vacation when the Bengals have a long off season!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2019, 04:02 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Mike Brown atleast learned under Paul Brown.

Katie and Troy learned under Mike Brown.

After see 28 years of Mike Brown in charge I am convinced he cannot learn anything.

Paul Brown was a great game innovator and drove change in the league. Mike Brown has been the anti-change opposite.

The two of them could not be any more opposite.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2019, 08:47 AM)corpjet Wrote: The point is your in the middle of the football season and at an important juncture.  How many people on here said Troy and Katie "run" the team, now your saying its fine they do nothing???  cmon

Also isn't Katie the key contract and salary cap person, wouldn't they need that information for doing any trades?  Yes they should have been there, end of story not on vacation when the Bengals have a long off season!

Duke Tobin came out about 4 days before the deadline and said "we are not interested in trading away ANY of our players"
I'm sure Katie was given permission from old Mike to take a holiday but should they have stuck around anyway? just in case someone was going to offer us something totally stupid for one of our players who has been under performing all season.
And if some team came in and offered the earth for someone, I'm sure Mike, Duke and Paul along with the rest of the admin staff would have been able to struggle through the negotiations.

It's like here during the Football (Soccer) transfer window, We go into the last day of the window and Chairman and managers of teams will say at 11am that they will be doing no business even although the window doesn't shut till midnight, do you think that they along with the whole staff will then sit in their office until midnight, Just in case someone has a rush of blood and offers stupid money for a player? No the office is all locked up with the lights out by 5pm, although there phone will be on with the fax plugged in.

It was a family holiday, i'm sure there were plenty of other staff that could have dealt with any enquiries
Reply/Quote
The tragedy isn't that they went over there, it's that they came back.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Katie was scouting for SWISS players.  Ninja
Reply/Quote