Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope vs Expect
Plus its not like the Bengals have not beaten the Chiefs, they have already and will again.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Thoughts after today......Did you HOPE or EXPECT to win, let's say at Halftime?
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:36 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Thoughts after today......Did you HOPE or EXPECT to win, let's say at Halftime?

I can tell you exactly when I switched from "hope" to "expect".  When we forced a 3-and-out after Burrows pick in the 4th quarter.  Still a lot of time left but that turnover could have been a game changer.  Instead our defense just wiped it out.  At that point I really started to feel that it was just going to be our day today.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 10:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I can tell you exactly when I switched from "hope" to "expect".  When we forced a 3-and-out after Burrows pick in the 4th quarter.  Still a lot of time left but that turnover could have been a game changer.  Instead our defense just wiped it out.  At that point I really started to feel that it was just going to be our day today.

You did better than me. I don't know if I expected anything until we were clearly in FG range at the end. 

I was excited for what this team ( and by that I mean what Burrow would do in first playoff appearance). But this team has just been getting it done the postseason. That defensive performance in the 2nd half was insane. I didn't think there was anyway we would duplicate the 2nd half performance from week 17.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:36 PM)WHO DEY C85 Wrote: Thoughts after today......Did you HOPE or EXPECT to win, let's say at Halftime?

After the Apple stop on Hill I will just say I thought we could come back and win.

I would lie if I said I EXPECTED to win before that lol

We were getting our asses kicked which makes the win even more amazing. 

Momentum is everything and our team thrives on it like all Championship squads.
Reply/Quote