Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hope vs Expect
In years past whenever they made it this far or even close the following year always seemed like a FA bloodbath..  They have most of the good players locked up for awhile with the exception of Bates, Ogunjobi , CJ, Hill, Tupou, Huber, Harris, Apple, Spain, Morgan, Flowers and only about 21 others not mentioned above..  Yeah...we're screwed, but maybe not..  Nervous
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: In years past whenever they made it this far or even close the following year always seemed like a FA bloodbath..  They have most of the good players locked up for awhile with the exception of Bates, Ogunjobi , CJ, Hill, Tupou, Huber, Harris, Apple, Spain, Morgan, Flowers and only about 21 others not mentioned above..  Yeah...we're screwed, but maybe not..  Nervous

And every one of those guys' first choice will be to stay here instead of wanting to go somewhere else.
Reply/Quote
By nature I'm more even keel... I've never got to high or low kinda like Burrow without the talent LOL

I can see this going so many ways... my confidence will rise however if we get out to a fast start. Not sure we can survive an 0-14 start like last time in Arrowhead.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:37 PM)QueenCity Wrote: By nature I'm more even keel... I've never got to high or low kinda like Burrow without the talent LOL

I can see this going so many ways... my confidence will rise however if we get out to a fast start.  Not sure we can survive an 0-14 start like last time in Arrowhead.

Going 14 down 3 times was just Joey Brrrr making the game interesting. He was on the sideline saying "watch these guys melt down in the game day thread"  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Going 14 down 3 times was just Joey Brrrr making the game interesting. He was on the sideline saying "watch these guys melt down in the game day thread"  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

If that truly is the case Burrow just may be a psychopath... at least it's of the good variant. 
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Well, they've called him "Demented" and "Sadistic" in good ways on NFL radio.
Reply/Quote
Let’s see if he shows up on the postgame presser dressed up like Kevin McAllister like he did against the Rats.

If they win of course.
Reply/Quote
I'm a hope guy. This is a really good team, that's pissed after their loss 1/2 and just beat a superior Buffalo team.

But if I ever wanted to win one it's this game after Eric Warfield, Jason Dunn, and Shaun Smith disrespected us so bad.

We've been overcoming the very real odds against us. Let's do two more and finally take San Francisco down in the Super Bowl.

If those former Chiefs pissed me off, imagine how they have Burrow feeling.

I respect that team a great deal. But the former players really have me riled.

Go finish them off guys!!!
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2022, 11:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I HOPE we come out and play like the team I know we are because, if we do that, I EXPECT us to win.

Coming into the playoffs it was impossible to know what to expect from this team.  We had been up and down all year from game-to-game and even half-to-half.

Now that we have played at a top level (or close to it) in our last three meaningful games I "expect" us to come out and play at our top level.

But I honestly can not say that I "expect" us to win.  I would not be surprised if we do.  We definitely have the talent to win if the breaks go our way. But with Mahommes playing at home I see this game as a "toss up" at best.  We have not been able to run the ball in weeks, and our O-line is really struggling without Reiff.
Reply/Quote
BTW I commented about our recent playoff teams in another thread a while back.  I pointed out that of the 7 losses I really did not expect to win may of them.

'05.  Expected to win until Carson went down.  Qick switch to "hope"
'09.  Expected to win because that season had been full of magic.  But looking back with some perspective our offense sucked the entire second half of the season.
'11.  Excited to be there.  Did not expect to beat the Texans who had the #2 rush offense and the #2 overall defense.
'12.  Texans were 12-4.  Both their offense and defense ranked #7 in total yards.  Thye were a 4 point favorite playing at home.  But that was the year we played so well over the second half of the season while the Texans had slumped at the end.  So I expected us to win that game.
'13.  Worst playoff loss of Marvin era.  No way we should have lost that game at home.  We had the #6 scoring offense and #5 scoring defense.  we had beaten San Diego on their own field just a few weeks earlier.
'14.  That team was crippled with injuries. AJ Green and Marvin Jones were out at WR.  Both Gresham and Eifert were out at TE (Some guy named Kevin Brock started at TE).  Andre Smith was out at RT.  I can not say that I honestly expected us to win that game with Rex Burkehead starting at WR.
'15.  With Dalton out I don't know if I really "expected" us to beta the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
The players Expect to win, so why should us fans be any different. Feel the same as the players. They just have to
execute and Taylor and the coaches need to coach one hell of a game. I Expect them to do just this. I know the Chiefs
will be desperate and I am sure they know this might be the best roster they will have in some time, but our players
just have mad heart. Expect this to be the difference.

I still remember the 49ers/Ravens Superbowl. The 49ers looked like the better team and more talented but it didn't
matter, from the first ST's snap in that Superbowl the Ravens WANTED IT MORE. I think we WANT IT MORE THAN THE
CHIEFS and we will see this Sunday.
Reply/Quote
You know what would be freakin fabulous? A 44-3 stomping of 6 TDs and a safety on Mahomes..  I AM allowed to dream! Rant
TDs by JoeyB, Ja'marr, Tee, Tyler, JoeM, CJ and the safety by the Cincinnati kid himself..  Who Dey Who Dey

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:13 PM)grampahol Wrote: You know what would be freakin fabulous? A 44-3 stomping of 6 TDs and a safety on Mahomes..  I AM allowed to dream! Rant

Just gotta speak it into existence, Gramps  Smirk
Reply/Quote
Man, that's tough for a logical, scientific thinker like myself. A friend asked me what I thought the score would be and I said 42-28 KC. I expect that KC will win this game.

That being said, I would not be the least bit surprised if we pulled it off. I just think this team is 1 year away.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:15 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: Just gotta speak it into existence, Gramps  Smirk

I already did, but I have a feeling they didn't hear me from South Carolina.. I tend to mumble occasionally.. Nervous

Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: After that horrible showing last week, I expect the o line to come out and play much better....

I'm hoping Isaiah Prince has leaned down by 30 pounds this week.
Otherwise, would Fred Johnson or D'ante Smith provide more, or less, security?
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:33 PM)fullquartpress Wrote: I'm hoping Isaiah Prince has leaned down by 30 pounds this week.
Otherwise, would Fred Johnson or D'ante Smith provide more, or less, security?

Prince didn't allow a pressure last week.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Man, that's tough for a logical, scientific thinker like myself.  A friend asked me what I thought the score would be and I said 42-28 KC.  I expect that KC will win this game.  

That being said, I would not be the least bit surprised if we pulled it off.  I just think this team is 1 year away.

I was cautiously optimistic about the Raiders game, but last week I really felt like it was the end of the road.  Glad they proved me wrong.  I hope they'll do so again this week.  I expect it to at least be a competitive game, and I hope we can win.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2022, 05:41 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Prince didn't allow a pressure last week.

Maybe it was no pressure, but Burrow was sacked by unblocked, untouched, Harold Landry, on 3rd down, midway 1st 1/4,
It resembled a Teddy Bridgewater tackle attempt.
Titans #24, Elijah Molden, meters further outside, would have been too late to pressure.
And Prince at least should have got a finger on Landry.
Prince also made an unsuccessful attempt to hold Chris Jones on Bengals' final drive vs. KC last month, resulting in no flag, but a Burrow sack.
Reply/Quote
We've got this !

Burrow believes and so do I.

Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote