Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkins on why the OLine didn't come off the bench
(12-10-2020, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whose back did he not have?

We were the ones that fouled their 5'7" 170 PR twice in a row.

The NFL came out and said the first hit was a bad call and should not have been a penalty.

He did not have Thomas back by the way.
Reply/Quote
Steelers are the only team one should get fired for not jumping in a fight with.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 10:29 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Whose back did he not have?

We were the ones that fouled their 5'7" 170 PR twice in a row.

The first hit was determined to be legal after league review.  The only thing he did wrong on the second was arrive too early.  Neither was a cheap shot.

The fair catch rule exists so the returner can field the punt without being blasted by the gunner if the gunner is bearing down on him.  Their guy didn't signal either time.  That's his own fault.  I'm sure his ST's coach told him meetings this week that he should have fair caught both of those.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 11:13 PM)Whatever Wrote: The first hit was determined to be legal after league review.  The only thing he did wrong on the second was arrive too early.  Neither was a cheap shot.

The fair catch rule exists so the returner can field the punt without being blasted by the gunner if the gunner is bearing down on him.  Their guy didn't signal either time.  That's his own fault.  I'm sure his ST's coach told him meetings this week that he should have fair caught both of those.

Got it. It's the returners fault Thomas hit him early. 

Now I know why Hopkins should have gotten in the returners face. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
If the whole dust up was the only thing that happened during that game, I'd maayybbee give Hopkins and the rest of the line a pass. Tyler Boyd gets hit in his face mask outta bounds, 2 of their defenders blasted Brandon Allen as he was sliding, and then the Dolphins sideline wants to act a fool over a gunner hustling and mistiming a hit.... At what point do you stand up to that sort of chippiness? Offensive Linemen are basically goons... Get out there and do what you're supposed to.

Right or wrong Pouncey and DeCastro wouldn't have been sitting on the the bench. Hell don't get into the scrum, but at least stand up.... ******' slobs.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 12:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Got it. It's the returners fault Thomas hit him early. 

Now I know why Hopkins should have gotten in the returners face. 

If me, I see the HC coming off his sideline yelling for his players to go after my teammates, The HC would be in the hospital. Their HC should have penalized, tossed and the suspended by the league.

Their HC lost his cool and antagonized a bad situation, he was not playing peace maker, he was inciting a riot.

Our guy committed a foul, Miami guys committed foul against Boyd out of bounds (officials reviewed it and still penalized wrong guy so officials also are to blame.

But like I said, their HC should have been jumped and beat up by our players. He had no place by our bench period starting shit,
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I like Hopkins and like the head on his shoulders.  I think that he understands full and well that there's a difference between fighting the goofy dolphins in a lost season and standing up for your QB to send a message should another team try to take him out.  Anyhow, **** Flores and **** their moron, goofballassed punt returner.  Call for a fair ***** catch and stay on your ***** **** sucking sideline you bush league loser assed know nothings.  Their punt returner will be worse than average next year because he lacks brains in his skull.  For the next Miami game I am signing Vontaze ***** Burfict for one game and one game only and instructing him to punch Flores right in the ***** face if he leads a charge to the Cincy sideline like a ***** goober because his moron **** punt returner doesn't know the ***** rules of the ***** game.  Get knocked the **** out and suffer brain damage for all I care.  **** Flores forever.
Reply/Quote
He should have gotten his arse up and STOP by the sideline so he doesnt get fined.

THat becomes a win - win for all.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:48 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If me, I see the HC coming off his sideline yelling for his players to go after my teammates, The HC would be in the hospital. Their HC should have penalized, tossed and the suspended by the league.

Their HC lost his cool and antagonized a bad situation, he was not playing peace maker, he was inciting a riot.

Our guy committed a foul, Miami guys committed foul against Boyd out of bounds (officials reviewed it and still penalized wrong guy so officials also are to blame.

But like I said, their HC should have been jumped and beat up by our players. He had no place by our bench period starting shit,

I'm quoting your post, but the response is general, not to you specifically. How many people are blasting Hopkins for staying out of it, are the same one's who blasted Pacman for going after Jerry Porter when he came onto the field and into the Bengals huddle trying to start crap? Can't have it both ways....
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm quoting your post, but the response is general, not to you specifically. How many people are blasting Hopkins for staying out of it, are the same one's who blasted Pacman for going after Jerry Porter when he came onto the field and into the Bengals huddle trying to start crap? Can't have it both ways....

I was raised to believe that the better man can "keep his head when all about you are losing theirs".
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 10:02 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm quoting your post, but the response is general, not to you specifically. How many people are blasting Hopkins for staying out of it, are the same one's who blasted Pacman for going after Jerry Porter when he came onto the field and into the Bengals huddle trying to start crap? Can't have it both ways....

The forum likes to look at extremes as the only options...ie sit on the bench and do nothing, or go in and fight and get a penalty and suspended. There is plenty of middle ground like getting up and standing on the sideline.

Of course, we saw the Elise Jesse expose and likely some of these players don't care about protecting this coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
You dont come off the bench to fight, you come off the bench to stop the fight. At least thats how I would see it.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The forum likes to look at extremes as the only options...ie sit on the bench and do nothing, or go in and fight and get a penalty and suspended. There is plenty of middle ground like getting up and standing on the sideline.

Of course, we saw the Elise Jesse expose and likely some of these players don't care about protecting this coaching staff.

To be fair, the situation was "mostly peaceful".

Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 11:01 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The forum likes to look at extremes as the only options...ie sit on the bench and do nothing, or go in and fight and get a penalty and suspended. There is plenty of middle ground like getting up and standing on the sideline.

Well since the "coach" getting swarmed was actually trainer Nick Cosgray, who is well liked by the team and just about everybody else, and who was out there to check on Williams, that likely  isn't the case.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 09:49 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: He should have gotten his arse up and STOP by the sideline so he doesnt get fined.

THat becomes a win - win for all.

Yeah, that's where I am. I don't want them to fight in that situation so I have no problem with them staying back, I just want them to at least stand up and act like they're part of the team. Take a few steps forward. Just doesn't look good when you're all just sitting there on the bench alone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is pretty much the same attitude they have about protecting their QB on any given play.
Reply/Quote
Just think how good the Dolphins might be if they had drafted Burrow?

And how much better would the prospects be for Burrow's career?

And Burrow possibly would not be injured because the Dolphins OC would not have had so insane to have him passing 40 plus times a game with an awful o-line in front of him.

I cannot stand Colin Cowherd but he was absolutely right that Burrow should have gone to Dolphins and that the Bengals should have taken the draft picks.

Who on this board would rather have their son play for Taylor and the family versus Flores?

Burrow is a fantastic young man with great values and character and a wonderful prospect .  I am real sorry that he landed with this pathetic organization.
Reply/Quote
Ps

who on this board would prefer having Taylor as our head coach instead of Flores?
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 01:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, that's where I am. I don't want them to fight in that situation so I have no problem with them staying back, I just want them to at least stand up and act like they're part of the team. Take a few steps forward. Just doesn't look good when you're all just sitting there on the bench alone.

Agree

They didn't have to go out on the field and start throwing jump spinning back kicks. Just stand up and walk to the sideline and show support.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2020, 03:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

[Image: _fbf9798a-cf40-11ea-8f16-bf30a6fcabb3.jpeg]

Reply/Quote