Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkins on why the OLine didn't come off the bench
(12-11-2020, 02:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Ps

who on this board would prefer having Taylor as our head coach instead of Flores?

We wouldn't have gotten Burrow if we had gotten Flores instead.

Short term pain for long term gain.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 02:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: We wouldn't have gotten Burrow if we had gotten Flores instead.

Assuming we get the Dolphin's 5-11 record from 2019, it still would have gotten the Bengals Herbert. 

Flores + Herbert + not back-to-back 2-win seasons
Taylor + Burrow + back-to-back 2-win seasons

...I don't know. I like Burrow, but I hate 2-win seasons. Also if we assume Herbert gets a knee injury in 2020 like Burrow, the Bengals would have Fitzpatrick at QB rather than the unwatchable duo of Finley/Allen.

Also likely means Turner and Anarumo wouldn't be here and Dunlap would still be here. Maybe AJ would be happy and trying. Atkins could have gotten his shoulder fixed and been back by now. OH... Drew Sample wouldn't have been a 2nd round pick and they wouldn't have spent 3 picks on Finley.

I don't know man, I think there's just too many potential positives in this alternate timeline that I can't ignore, even if you like Burrow more than Herbert. Putting a team under the shittiest HC in the league and all his buddies for 2 years does a LOT of damage.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2020, 02:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: We wouldn't have gotten Burrow if we had gotten Flores instead.

We got what we wanted now it's time to move on. 

Sounds like me in high school.
Reply/Quote