Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hostile Environment on Sunday?
For the Brownies and Watson, of course. Something tells me , and I could be wrong, that the fans are gonna be rabid this Sunday. First off , Bengals' fans hate the Browns anyway. Plus, you have this losing streak to them that has Bengals' fans even more pissed than usual. Plus, you have Therapist at QB, which is gonna draw the ire of the many thousands of fans in the stadium. Last week, Watson was going up against a shitty team and the one he most recently played for. He had his sympathizers in Houston. This week, he won't be getting any Jungle Love(thank you Steve Miller) from the fans at Paycor. I look for the knives to be out(maybe not literally) for the Browns and Watson. It will be loud and very hostile, in my opinion. I know from just watching some of the Browns' game last week with some people around here how venomous and hostile the words shouted at Watson were, and I'm 170 miles away from Cincinnati.

I think the Browns and Watson get no mercy on Sunday. Gonna be a bad scene if you're a Browns' fan. What do you all think? Particularly hostile on Sunday???
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
I'm just delighted to watch games against Cleveland and Pittsburgh and not have the Bengals home field filled with cheers for the Steelers and Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 03:12 PM)Science Friction Wrote: ... he won't be getting any Jungle Love(thank you Steve Miller) from the fans at Paycor.  

As much as I like the Steve Miller Band song with that title... THIS is the one that immediately comes to my mind when I hear "Jungle Love"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2FPQvwhSDY

Reply/Quote
Never say Paycor again. Terrible name. They can give the team all the money they want but the fans shouldn’t use that dumb name.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 03:12 PM)Science Friction Wrote: For the Brownies and Watson, of course.  Something tells me , and I could be wrong, that the fans are gonna be rabid this Sunday. First off , Bengals' fans hate the Browns anyway. Plus, you have this losing streak to them that has Bengals' fans even more pissed than usual. Plus, you have  Therapist at QB, which is gonna draw the ire of the many thousands of fans in the stadium. Last week, Watson was going up against a shitty team and the one he most recently played for.  He had his sympathizers  in Houston. This week, he won't be getting any Jungle Love(thank you Steve Miller) from the fans at Paycor.  I look for the knives to be out(maybe not literally) for the Browns and Watson. It will be loud and very hostile, in my opinion. I know from just watching some of the Browns' game last week with some people around here how venomous and hostile  the words shouted at Watson were,  and I'm 170 miles away from Cincinnati.

I think the Browns and Watson get no mercy on Sunday. Gonna  be a bad scene if you're a Browns' fan.  What do you all think?  Particularly hostile on Sunday???

I am already frothing at the mouth.

Wait, that's the foam off the very nice Madtree red IPA I am enjoying.  Here's to Joe Burrow.

Anyway, I will be in row 15, section 152 (south end zone) and I pledge to be as rabid as I can be without getting thrown out.
Reply/Quote
I hope that we end Watson’s career. So ugly that the broadcast cuts away. And I hope that the crowd cheers it. How’s that for hostile?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:13 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Never say Paycor again. Terrible name. They can give the team all the money they want but the fans shouldn’t use that dumb name.

The Houston Oilers and the Astrodome no longer have the copyright.

Let's use...Hmm

My favorite the "House of Pain".

[Image: 1200x0.jpg]

[Image: super_rugby_qualifying_final_match_betwe...k=EecXEJYr]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:13 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Never say Paycor again. Terrible name. They can give the team all the money they want but the fans shouldn’t use that dumb name.

Can we call it PayJoe Stadium?
Reply/Quote
Yes hostile to the Browns team. No not hostile to Browns fans.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote

At first, whenever I'd read Paycor Stadium, I'd be like "what the hell is Paycor Stadium," but it's growing on me. 

The Paul Brown Stadium name just feels outdated and like part of our past that we don't even want to think about because it's the Joe Burrow era now.

I'm PRAYING that we go crazy (when we're on defense) so that they know that we're going to own them every game we play for at least the next ten years! 

Get in Watson's head and let him know that it's the rules of The Jungle and he'll get Jungle justice for his crimes!
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yes hostile to the Browns team.  No not hostile to Browns fans.

Meh, if I see dudes wearing DeShaun Watson jerseys, I'm not going to go out of my way to be nice to them. I am generally cool to opposing fans, but I'll make an exception in this case. 
Reply/Quote

Agree. My bad. I hate it also.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At first, whenever I'd read Paycor Stadium, I'd be like "what the hell is Paycor Stadium," but it's growing on me. 

The Paul Brown Stadium name just feels outdated and like part of our past that we don't even want to think about because it's the Joe Burrow era now.

I'm PRAYING that we go crazy (when we're on defense) so that they know that we're going to own them every game we play for at least the next ten years! 

Get in Watson's head and let him know that it's the rules of The Jungle and he'll get Jungle justice for his crimes!

Brad, I love and respect you, but paying homage to the past is something we do to honor the legacy of those who have come before.

Were it not for the Brown family, specifically Paul Brown, it would have been the Indianapolis Bengals.  Or the Nashville Bengals.  Or the Baltimore Bengals.  

Of course it's the Joe Burrow era.  And selling the naming rights is something that had to be done.  But it will always be Paul Brown's Bengals.  And to me and a lot of others, it will always be Paul Brown Stadium.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:45 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Brad, I love and respect you, but paying homage to the past is something we do to honor the legacy of those who have come before.

Were it not for the Brown family, specifically Paul Brown, it would have been the Indianapolis Bengals.  Or the Nashville Bengals.  Or the Baltimore Bengals.  

Of course it's the Joe Burrow era.  And selling the naming rights is something that had to be done.  But it will always be Paul Brown's Bengals.  And to me and a lot of others, it will always be Paul Brown Stadium.

Of course. 

I didn't mean as disrespect towards the Brown family and Paul Brown did so much for the city of Cincinnati and the NFL in general, but I just mean that calling the stadium by the new name feels like we're evolving as a franchise.

I agree about paying homage to the people that even created the Bengals, but we did it to continue growing as a franchise, so I don't think that they'd mind too much.

I'm sure that some don't see it that way and it will always be Paul Brown stadium to them, and that's completely fine, but I just see it as moving forward.
Reply/Quote
I expect a good number of Browns fans at this game. There were many at the home tilt last year and they are possibly even more annoying than Pittsburgh fans at this point. It was bad enough that I thought hard about not taking my son (undefeated in 2 Chiefs games and 5 others). Then I realized I need him to break this streak of crap luck vs Cleveland. He's pretty well used to hostility at the stadium at this point. He really enjoyed the F-U Baker chants vs the Panthers, so he's probably good.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 05:46 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I hope that we end Watson’s career. So ugly that the broadcast cuts away. And I hope that the crowd cheers it. How’s that for hostile?

Daaaaaaaammmmmnnnn....

I don't overly disagree.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 04:06 PM)Tomkat Wrote: As much as I like the Steve Miller Band song with that title... THIS is the one that immediately comes to my mind when I hear "Jungle Love"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2FPQvwhSDY

[Image: b09f61a6-b7a1-49b7-a11b-f99ae3517292_screenshot.jpg]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Welcome to The Jungle, Deshaun... You gonna dieeeeeee....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:11 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: At first, whenever I'd read Paycor Stadium, I'd be like "what the hell is Paycor Stadium," but it's growing on me. 

I hear ya BFritz. I think Paycor has done a good job with signage at the stadium. I liked the aerial views last Sunday when CBS showed the Paycor logos on the awnings (or whatever they're called). Here in Lexington I've been a UK football season ticket holder for a couple of decades and when they changed the stadium name from Commonwealth Stadium to Kroger Field it took me a while to get used to it. But I've come to accept it.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2022, 06:45 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Brad, I love and respect you, but paying homage to the past is something we do to honor the legacy of those who have come before.

I never called it anything but "Riverfront" and I'll always call it "PBS."   ThumbsUp

(12-09-2022, 07:40 PM)jason Wrote: Daaaaaaaammmmmnnnn....

I don't overly disagree.

Yeah, I really wish he wouldn't have sugar-coated it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote