Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Buying
Would you buy a house if you knew someone had died in it?  The wife and I are looking to move from our current little house into a much bigger house soon and have a chance at buying a house that just recently came open.  It really is a nice house.  Its just that a couple years ago, the former owner's wife died peacefully in the home.  Would this be a deal breaker to some of you?  Would it even bother you?
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Wouldn't bother me in the least; however, this is not to say I would not use it as a negotiating tool.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Wouldn't bother me in the least; however, this is not to say I would not use it as a negotiating tool.

^ What bfine said.

Wouldn't bother me at all.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
As long as the dead body and any related smells are no longer in the house, it would not be an issue for me.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Unfortunately, there won't be much negotiating going on.  They've already told us their bottom line.  They had an offer on the house a couple weeks ago that was 10k under their bottom line and they turned it down.  We think we are going to shoot them an offer right at their bottom line.  They are already asking $15k under the assessment value.  Its the final thing that needs to happen to complete the estate.  See after the wife died, the husband also got sick and passed away about 6 months after her passing. And they've never had kids. So its been left up to the family now to complete the estate and the final thing that needs to be done is sell the house. 
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:27 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Would you buy a house if you knew someone had died in it?  The wife and I are looking to move from our current little house into a much bigger house soon and have a chance at buying a house that just recently came open.  It really is a nice house.  Its just that a couple years ago, the former owner's wife died peacefully in the home.  Would this be a deal breaker to some of you?  Would it even bother you?

Why would it bother you?

She died peacefully its not like its the scene of grisly murders...

But if your worried just light some white candles.
Reply/Quote
I bought my house on estate from an attorney.  This actually turned out to be a good thing for me.  I would do it again.  The most important thing you need to do, besides price, if you like it, is get the house inspected....
Reply/Quote
People used to die at home all the time.

I don't see how it would be an issue at all.
Reply/Quote
buy it.  then invite us over for BBQ.  we'll bring the beer.

I'm not sure I'd be OK with it.  i might be creeped out i think.  you might not be as big a wussy as i am though.

either way hope it goes your way as far as $$$$ goes.
Reply/Quote
If you get the house, don't change anything or the wife may haunt you, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Death in the home shouldn't bother anyone.

If they told you their bottom line then go with it...

I buy homes all the time off estates. You get great deals usually.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 01:46 PM)bengal_fan_in_toronto Wrote: buy it.  then invite us over for BBQ.  we'll bring the beer.

I'm not sure I'd be OK with it.  i might be creeped out i think.  you might not be as big a wussy as i am though.

either way hope it goes your way as far as $$$$ goes.

If we get the house, I'll invite the whole boards over for BBQ, Wings, Beer and Iowa Hawkeye football! 

of course, I'd have to have the 'boss' ok that first. 

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
Take up spinning pottery. WIN.
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 12:58 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: See after the wife died, the husband also got sick and passed away about 6 months after her passing.

I see a trend here. Go for it...just make sure your life insurance is paid up.
Reply/Quote
Buy it. Get some good homeowners insurance. Light a match. Ninja
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(10-29-2015, 09:10 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Take up spinning pottery. WIN.

except demi moore wasnt the ghost....
Reply/Quote
We shot them an offer last night and our realtor already got back to us saying they liked the offer, they are just going to go talk to the estate attorney today to make sure it's everything they need.  We'll find out sometime today how that went.  Keep your fingers crossed, boys! 

Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:28 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We shot them an offer last night and our realtor already got back to us saying they liked the offer, they are just going to go talk to the estate attorney today to make sure it's everything they need.  We'll find out sometime today how that went.  Keep your fingers crossed, boys! 

Nice, good luck... as far as someone dying in the house more than likely a lot of people live in a house where someone passed and they dont even know it... Not the dead you have to worry about but the living...!!   

Stupid living people!! (HOMER VOICE)
Reply/Quote
(10-30-2015, 09:28 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: We shot them an offer last night and our realtor already got back to us saying they liked the offer, they are just going to go talk to the estate attorney today to make sure it's everything they need.  We'll find out sometime today how that went.  Keep your fingers crossed, boys! 

Good luck. Play hardball. Most estates just want a cash grab. So they will always break. I always use their greed against them.
Reply/Quote
Don't worry about the death in the house.
I've dealt with hauntings before.
They cannot do anything physically and there are ways to remove them, anyway.
Reply/Quote