Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
House Majority Whip shot at congressional baseball field
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alexandria-shooting-multiple-victims-reported/

Two Hill cops, Steve Scalise, and the gunman were injured.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Oh wow. Every day something new. Hope everyone pulls through.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Thoughts and prayers for those shot and their families. Hopefully, there are not fatalities.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(06-14-2017, 10:03 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: Thoughts and prayers for those shot and their families. Hopefully, there are fatalities.

Nervous
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
(06-14-2017, 10:05 AM)6andcounting Wrote: Nervous

He's a cold hearted bastard that one.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(06-14-2017, 10:15 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He's a cold hearted bastard that one.

I'm reasonably sure he meant "no fatalities".  I know you knew that though.

Hopefully no one is fatally or permanently injured.  The fallout from this should be... interesting?  A lot will depend on the shooter and their motivation.
Quote:“If not for the detail who stepped up with basic revolvers, we would’ve all been dead,” he said, referring to members of the security team. He said he “Army-crawled” his way to taller grass and tried to reach the dugout, but bullets were hitting the dugout as well.

“Ting, ting, ting, ting,” he said, describing the noise. “He was hunting us at that point. There was so much gunfire, you couldn’t get up and run. Pop, pop, pop, pop — it’s a sound I’ll never forget.”

I couldn't imagine going from calm baseball practice to a warzone.

What a crazy world.
Why weren't they all carrying guns? Don't they want a more safe baseball practice?
(06-14-2017, 11:43 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why weren't they all carrying guns? Don't they want a more safe baseball practice?

That's what we've been waiting for.  Congrats on being the first.  At least the first here.
(06-14-2017, 11:26 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I couldn't imagine going from calm baseball practice to a warzone.

What a crazy world.

I have difficulties imagining having time to play baseball during a weekday with a job like that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Irony?

https://news.google.com/news/amp?caurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F2017%2F06%2F14%2Fpolitics%2Fgun-legislation-hearing-congressional-shooting%2Findex.html#pt0-575619
(06-14-2017, 11:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have difficulties imagining having time to play baseball during a weekday with a job like that.

To be fair, it was at like 7am. Lots of professionals get work outs in before 9 am.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(06-14-2017, 11:45 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I have difficulties imagining having time to play baseball during a weekday with a job like that.

I have difficulties imagining being hunted like a deer at baseball practice.

Im with you. And the bifurcation of teams across parties is indicative of many politicians view of their responsibilities. It's all a game.

Hope the victims are ok. Also don't think it should be easier to buy silencers.
(06-14-2017, 11:43 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: Why weren't they all carrying guns? Don't they want a more safe baseball practice?

The shooting stopped when he got shot so...

(06-14-2017, 10:45 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The fallout from this should be... interesting?  A lot will depend on the shooter and their motivation.

The person the Washington Post claims is the shooter is a huge Bernie Bro based on his social media. Based on that, I'm guessing this story is out of the news by the 6pm broadcast. 
Well the shooter has died.
(06-14-2017, 01:26 PM)6andcounting Wrote: source?

Wapo reporting now. If your router filters allow that.
(06-14-2017, 01:26 PM)6andcounting Wrote: source?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lawmaker-steve-scalise-injured-in-gop-baseball-shooting-suspect-james-t-hodgkinson-dies-after-shootout/ar-BBCFi8H?li=BBnb7Kz
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(06-14-2017, 01:29 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Wapo reporting now.  If your router filters allow that.

(06-14-2017, 01:31 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lawmaker-steve-scalise-injured-in-gop-baseball-shooting-suspect-james-t-hodgkinson-dies-after-shootout/ar-BBCFi8H?li=BBnb7Kz

Thanks. Nothing was confirming that as of me asking, but I since saw Trump said it at the beginning of his press conference