Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Do We Slow Down Kelce?
(11-28-2022, 10:50 PM)CottonHill Wrote: It’s more about making Mahomes uncomfortable. We played him perfect in the second half of the championship game last year. Pressure him but don’t let him get too far outside the tackle box. He kept trying last year but we played him wide and forced him backwards and to reverse field consistently. we frustrated the heck out of him with Hubbard and Hendrickson nonstop motors. Forced him to make mistakes

Lessons are learned when we get to play a similar QB in Lamar Jackson twice year. The challenge of course is that Mahomes is a far better passer than Jackson.

The team had gotten better at dealing with TEs since Tre Flowers joined the team. The goal is to minimize the damage cause the odds are against them stopping Kelce entirely. Tackling will be the key.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:23 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Mike Hilton.
Tre Flowers.
Dax Hill.

He won't be stopped outright, but I think we can contain him -- especially if CTB and Apple hold up at all against their receivers. If we're forced to help them out and we can't bracket Kelce then there might be a problem.

This and 2 deep safeties.  We definitely can't let receivers get behind coverage because Patrick doesn't miss wide open deep guys like some of our previous opponents QBs have.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 02:50 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Is Tonya Hardings boyfriend for hire ?

Just joking and there probably is no stopping Kelce and we must just try and contain him and have our WR's have big day as well to counter.

He is going to get his catches, the key is to limit him to no TD's as that is where he will kill you. If we tackle well, we
can slow him down, tough task though as he is probably the hardest TE to tackle in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Kelce is having a record year.Him and Mahomes are tearing it up.Mahommes and Kelce are the two players I would put the most emphasis on.Contain those two,and win time of possession,on long scoring drives,and you have a pretty good chance.

I know it’s easier said than done,but I believe the Bengals will be up to the task.
Reply/Quote
Double everyone else, put flowers on Kelce, gang tackle him when he catches anything. If Kelce is sick, all of our defense should have whatever he has on Monday.

Let him get his, shut everyone else down.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2022, 06:24 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This.... KC was gashing us with the run game.  All they had to do was continue running the ball and they would of won.

Tough problem to solve but Lou seems to have an answer if we can keep it close going into the 2nd half.  CAN NOT get down like they did the first two games it's not a winning strategy 

If KC was smart they would break their tendencies and run the ball until we prove we can stop it 
Reply/Quote
When has Flowers ever locked up a top TE again? This kinda reminds me of former UC Bearcat Reuben Patterson, and his undeserved (self anointed) Kobe Stopper nickname.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 09:52 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If KC was smart they would break their tendencies and run the ball until we prove we can stop it 

I think we'll prove that we can stop it rather quickly. Pacheco makes Joe Mixon look dynamic.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 09:52 PM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: If KC was smart they would break their tendencies and run the ball until we prove we can stop it 

Henry is a much better runner than KC has and the Bengals shut him down. 

Will be a little more difficult per worrying more about Mahomes's arm rather than their running, but still Reader is back. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just stab him.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2022, 09:54 PM)jason Wrote: When has Flowers ever locked up a top TE again? This kinda reminds me of former UC Bearcat Reuben Patterson, and his undeserved (self anointed) Kobe Stopper nickname.

Flowers didn't shut down any of the top TE's he has faced or anything but the QB's in Mahomes and Jimmy G DID 
have to make great throws to Kelce and Kittle for them to have those big games. Just make it hard is what the dude
covering Kelce needs to do and tackle him once he catches the ball.

Shit, you watch the Bills D play Kelce the last 2 times they played them? The Bills just cannot tackle the Chiefs, don't
what it is, I know they beat them this season, but it wasn't pretty either by the Bills at all.

(11-30-2022, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: I think we'll prove that we can stop it rather quickly. Pacheco makes Joe Mixon look dynamic.

Pacheco is more of the type of RB that gives us problems though honestly, these no name scat backs.

We do well against the bruisers except Nick Chubb of course who is the best RB in the NFL bar none IMO.

(12-01-2022, 02:34 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Henry is a much better runner than KC has and the Bengals shut him down. 

Will be a little more difficult per worrying more about Mahomes's arm rather than their running, but still Reader is back. 

Henry is a much better runner, but we know him. This Pacheco guy honestly scares me as we don't know him.

Fast back too, not the type of back we are the best at containing. This might be my biggest concern in this game 
besides tackling Kelce.
Reply/Quote
First off Mahomes is a great QB, perhaps the best currently playing? JB is very near him IMHO. But the point is I'm not saying Mahomes isn't great.

Having said that I also feel Mahomes can be rattled and it's not super hard to do it. Which is the opposite of Joe, you could hit JB with a dump truck and he'll just say "that's all you got?" and go right back to being Joe.

We've rattled Mahomes twice, we can do it again. Get in Mahomes head and Kelce will get slowed down.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Flowers didn't shut down any of the top TE's he has faced or anything but the QB's in Mahomes and Jimmy G DID 
have to make great throws to Kelce and Kittle for them to have those big games. Just make it hard is what the dude
covering Kelce needs to do and tackle him once he catches the ball.

Shit, you watch the Bills D play Kelce the last 2 times they played them? The Bills just cannot tackle the Chiefs, don't
what it is, I know they beat them this season, but it wasn't pretty either by the Bills at all.

Pacheco is more of the type of RB that gives us problems though honestly, these no name scat backs.

We do well against the bruisers except Nick Chubb of course who is the best RB in the NFL bar none IMO.

Henry is a much better runner, but we know him. This Pacheco guy honestly scares me as we don't know him.

Fast back too, not the type of back we are the best at containing. This might be my biggest concern in this game 
besides tackling Kelce.
Agree the smaller scat back types give the Bengals more trouble

But the Bengals have only let 1 RB rush for over a 100 yds this season even without Reader most games
and that was Chubb a power back who got 101 yds. 

Kamara was very close at 99 yds though so we will say 2 backs in 11 games and the Saints had the best rushing day of the season against the Bengals by far. The Bengals are ranked 13th in run defense. Just don't want to speak into existence Pacheco having a great day lol.

Mahomes and then Kelce are the biggest concern imho, so that may lead to their RB having a decent day per the focus has to be on stopping Mahomes. We will have to pick our poison and would rather challenge Pacheco to beat us rather than the alternatives.  

Yet fortunately the Chiefs are in the same boat trying to stop all the Bengals weapons as well. Let the fireworks begin. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 02:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: First off Mahomes is a great QB, perhaps the best currently playing? JB is very near him IMHO. But the point is I'm not saying Mahomes isn't great.

Having said that I also feel Mahomes can be rattled and it's not super hard to do it. Which is the opposite of Joe, you could hit JB with a dump truck and he'll just say "that's all you got?" and go right back to being Joe.

We've rattled Mahomes twice, we can do it again. Get in Mahomes head and Kelce will get slowed down.

This is the key, somehow get him rattled again and force some bad throws trying to force the ball into coverage. 

Punish hm AFCN style when he runs as well.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 08:25 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Just stab him.

Just get back from ChiefsPlanet?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I would take a very similar approach as the Bengals showed against the Titans. They consistently showed identical fronts, shadowed the RB and dropped into different coverages each time. Obviously against the Chiefs, you shadow the TE and bracket him with a safety, while showing different coverages behind it each time. Force Mahomes to make post snap reads, and for the love of god keep his ass in the pocket!
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree the smaller scat back types give the Bengals more trouble

But the Bengals have only let 1 RB rush for over a 100 yds this season even without Reader most games
and that was Chubb a power back who got 101 yds. 

Kamara was very close at 99 yds though so we will say 2 backs in 11 games and the Saints had the best rushing day of the season against the Bengals by far. The Bengals are ranked 13th in run defense. Just don't want to speak into existence Pacheco having a great day lol.

Mahomes and then Kelce are the biggest concern imho, so that may lead to their RB having a decent day per the focus has to be on stopping Mahomes. We will have to pick our poison and would rather challenge Pacheco to beat us rather than the alternatives.  

Yet fortunately the Chiefs are in the same boat trying to stop all the Bengals weapons as well. Let the fireworks begin. 

Cannot disagree as usual, yes the biggest concerns in this game are Mahomes and Kelce no question.

Just not writing off Pacheco, I thought he looked pretty good when I watched him.

(12-01-2022, 03:32 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This is the key, somehow get him rattled again and force some bad throws trying to force the ball into coverage. 

Punish hm AFCN style when he runs as well.

Yep, as BF74 said, get in his head. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Travis Kelce is the most annoying person in the league I think, maybe tied with Cooper Kupp.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2022, 05:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Just get back from ChiefsPlanet?

Nah just a long day at work lol
Reply/Quote
Strip his ass at midfield...

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote