Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Is Biden Leading Trump?!
(08-31-2020, 05:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, but can't you just convince yourself that the lesser of two evils isn't evil at all?  Actually, the lesser of two evils is totally awesome and the only guy who can save us from the greater of two evils who will assuredly usher in the apocalypse! 

To make a food analogy, Biden is like grilled Brussels sprouts. Some people really like them. I’m not too crazy about them, but could choke ‘em down in a survival situation. I was going to compare Trump to durian. Most people can’t get paste the horrible stench to even try it. But, nah. Trump is like eating crap. Straight up. Even if I was in a Vietnamese POW camp engaged in a game of Russian Roulette with Robert De Niro from The Deer Hunter and my life depended upon it; I wouldn’t willingly eat a mouthful of shit.

In comparison, grilled Brussels sprouts aren’t so bad.

But, some people want to call this whataboutism. “Yeah, feces tastes bad, but what about grilled Brussels sprouts? Horrible!” Then they will tell you they aren’t defending feces.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 11:24 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: You could just choose the option that you don't care rather than engaging in whataboutism.

(08-31-2020, 05:39 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: To make a food analogy, Biden is like grilled Brussels sprouts. Some people really like them. I’m not too crazy about them, but could choke ‘em down in a survival situation. I was going to compare Trump to durian. Most people can’t get paste the horrible stench to even try it. But, nah. Trump is like eating crap. Straight up. Even if I was in a Vietnamese POW camp engaged in a game of Russian Roulette with Robert De Niro from The Deer Hunter and my life depended upon it; I wouldn’t willingly eat a mouthful of shit.

In comparison, grilled Brussels sprouts aren’t so bad.

But, some people want to call this whataboutism. “Yeah, feces tastes bad, but what about grilled Brussels sprouts? Horrible!”  Then they will tell you they aren’t defending feces.

I agree 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2020, 05:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree 

Of course you would.

But, here’s the thing. I’m not accusing Brad of hypocrisy for liking Trump. As a matter of fact, I acknowledge the allegations against Biden as a reason I have reservations about him as a candidate. While acknowledging the same allegations against Trump. Only more numerous.

If we assume the allegations are false, it doesn’t matter as it relates to their candidacy. If we assume the allegations are true, that’s horrible and I wouldn’t want either as president. The difference being the frequency of allegations against each and their response.

Therefore, folks with two brain cells to rub together who aren’t intentionally trolling wouldn’t accuse others of whataboutism based upon what I wrote.

But, I’ll be waiting with bated breath for you to school me with an arcane definition of whataboutism used by Dominican friars on the Iberian peninsula before the Age of Enlightenment during Februaries with a blue moon during leap years.
Reply/Quote
How is Bidet leading Turnip?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote