Poll: How many sacks/hits before we try Andre?
Doesnt matter. Thats the piano mans boy. like Bodine it doesnt matter how bad you play
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How Many Will It Take?
How many sacks/hits will Ogbuehi have to give up before he is benched today?
Reply/Quote
I think he would have go into complete shit the bed mode before the first half is over.
Reply/Quote
I'm waiting for him to cut out the middle man. Just turn around on the snap and lay Andy out. Clothesline him, then jump up and down a few times and run back to the LOS.

Mellow

Seriously, I don't see him getting benched. The staff put all their eggs in his basket, they've got to let him get out there and learn. Realistically, very few guys come out their second season and dominate their position. Og is growing, he'll get better and one day he'll look like a tackle. Just have to be patient and hope the staff can adjust the offense to make up for his inexperience.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:56 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm waiting for him to cut out the middle man. Just turn around on the snap and lay Andy out. Clothesline him, then jump up and down a few times and run back to the LOS.

Mellow

Seriously, I don't see him getting benched. The staff put all their eggs in his basket, they've got to let him get out there and learn. Realistically, very few guys come out their second season and dominate their position. Og is growing, he'll get better and one day he'll look like a tackle. Just have to be patient and hope the staff can adjust the offense to make up for his inexperience.

I finally had a chance to watch the game. In the 3rd quarter now. 

It wasnt all bad. My hopes are not completely lost. 

But Ogbuehi was directly responsible for 2 turnovers so far. Didnt touch suggs just backpedaled and allowed him to easily get his hands on the ball causing an int. Beat around the edge for a forced fumble. 

OGbuehi had a big role in our shitty season last year. He played a big role in our game 1 stinker. Good teams dont let the same guys keep blowing games.
Reply/Quote
It's Cincinnati.. Do your job, Don't do your job.. or Just be really crappy at your job.. Doesn't matter. Keep your job, and keep getting paid
Reply/Quote
Can't see how it is any answer besides "doesn't matter". He was truly truly horrible last year, yet they let Whitworth walk and he was given the starting LT job, no competition. That's not a situation that tells me there will be backtracking in Week 2.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 01:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: How many sacks/hits will Ogbuehi have to give up before he is benched today?

Problem is, who takes his place?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 04:03 PM)JumboTron Wrote: We haven't missed an XP or FG so far...

(09-14-2017, 05:30 PM)McC Wrote: Problem is, who takes his place?

Ha, I was just about to post the exact same thing...
Reply/Quote
If he does miraculously get benched (and we don't have a great option to replace him so it probably wouldn't make much of a difference if we did) it will take more than 3 sacks so I went the last option. I think it'd take 5 sacks tonight (all clearly on him) before it is a serious possibility
Reply/Quote
What is the deal with Ced? I suck when it comes to evaluating OL men technique, I mean I know he gets beat a lot i can see that but what is it he needs to work on? Is he just too weak, poor technique? Basically is it even something he can improve. Thanks
Reply/Quote
What about the T that's holding out for the Texans Brown? Is he a FA, maybe piano man can get his number, or Dalton can ask Watt while he's on top of him.
Reply/Quote
It doesn't matter how bad he stinks up the joint. They don't even have anyone capable of playing that position (with any successful experience to speak of), to take over if they did choose to bench him. So, unless he gets his knee blown out or some other sort of catastrophic injury, he is what they are stubbornly going to roll with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote