Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Better Is Team Confidence And Mentality?
(09-05-2022, 05:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I know there is no hope for me when I feel uncomfortable seeing "rubs off" and "harder" in the same sentence when discussing Joe Burrow. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why did you talk about both Bengal/Chief games and completely ignore the 38-20 ass-kicking the Bills gave the Chiefs in the regular season?

Oh, wait.  Never mind.  I know exactly why. Rolleyes

No you purposely combine the games in an attempt to manipulate numbers trying to downplay the Bengals 2 wins vs the Chiefs. Just like you saying they "blew" a 4th quarter lead when we both know the Bengals are the ones that fought back in both games and only gave up 3 total points in the second half of each game. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:58 PM)Synric Wrote: No you purposely combine the games in an attempt to manipulate numbers trying to downplay the Bengals 2 wins vs the Chiefs.

Looking at ALL the games is not "manipulation".  That is the way you are supposed to do it.

Ignoring the Bills/Chiefs regular season game while including the Bengals/Chiefs regular season game is blatant manipulation.
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Looking at ALL the games is not "manipulation".  That is the way you are supposed to do it.

Ignoring the Bills/Chiefs regular season game while including the Bengals/Chiefs regular season game is blatant manipulation.

Your numbers are completely random and irrelevant? What do the games have to do with eachother? Nothing. Bills beat the Chiefs in the regular season then lost a late game shoot out in the playoffs. Bengals played two great comeback games and won both. 

Not much more to look at when comparing the games because the Bills and Bengals are different teams and they played different games against the Chiefs.

Do I think because the Bengals won both times against the Chiefs they are automatically going to beat them again this year. No... but it's a toss up between the two I can't wait until they play could be a great game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 04:16 PM)Synric Wrote: Your numbers are completely random and irrelevant? What do the games have to do with eachother? Nothing. Bills beat the Chiefs in the regular season then lost a late game shoot out in the playoffs. Bengals played two great comeback games and won both. 

Not much more to look at when comparing the games because the Bills and Bengals are different teams and they played different games against the Chiefs.

Then you agree with me that Nate was wrong to ignore the Bills/Chiefs regular season game?  I see that you included it in your analysis.
Reply/Quote
Doesnt matter if anyone picks us or they all do Gotta go out there and win the games and earn the spot
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 06:23 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The Bills and Josh Allen and the Chargers and Herbert honestly are the teams and player's in our way. We have beat the 
rest of the AFC including the Chiefs twice, the Titans as the #1 seed and the Raiders twice so not scared of them. I also 
don't see Brady carrying the Bucs to another SuperBowl but you never know about that guy lol

Truth.  This season has the makings of a really interesting one.  Not one team (in the AFC) has a cupcake division.  The Bills will face a tough schedule and the Jets and Dolphins look much improved (on paper anyways).  The Pats are one team that has me thinking:  "Will they even be competitive?", but like the steelers they seemingly always find a way to hang around.

The Titans at least have the Colts to contend with and vice-versa, and the Jags might be improved as I really like their coach.  The Texans are hot garbage and although they have a lot of future draft picks, they are probably thinking that one more year of turd soup will get them a loaded roster of high draft picks.  

That AFC West, though.  Holy crap.  For a loaded Raider team to be most people's selection for last in the division....  Damn.  They also draw the AFC South as their conference foe schedule.  Good luck Titans and Colts.

I also agree about the Bucs, as you can see Brady is already looking a little frightened at the prospect of taking snaps behind those guards and center.  I think the NFC is primed for a team to come out of the usual 49er, Packer, Buc group and contend.  My guess is the Eagles.  They seem to be building something there and I really like Jalen Hurts as a person.  Hope it all works out for him this year.  Another couple dark horses for the NFC are the Vikings and Saints.  The Vikes offense is no joke, and if their new coaching staff can figure out something with their defense, they could take that division.  The Saints are being discarded by many because of their QB (Winston), but they have quality depth behind him now (Dalton) and a really, really tough defense.  

Regardless, this season is going to be an absolute blast.  More Primetime games for the Bengals and some amazing matchups along the way, starting with Rams/Bills in about 36 hours!
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Why are you combining games? And the Chiefs scored 3 total points in the second half of each game vs the Bengals. Don't try to make it out like the Chiefs made some kinda big 4th quarter comeback.

Yeah man, blew that big lead by letting them score 3 total frickin' points. Major comeback dude.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2022, 03:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Why are you combining games? And the Chiefs scored 3 total points in the second half of each game vs the Bengals. Don't try to make it out like the Chiefs made some kinda big 4th quarter comeback.

He’s been brandishing that ridiculous contention the defense collapsed late in the game vs KC and others. It’s like he didn’t watch the games. Absolutely awful analogies and observations. It completely ruins his poster reputation but he can’t deviate from his mantra that the ownership, front office, and coaching is subpar. He won’t let himself give any of them credit for any success.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2022, 10:34 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I also was just watching Good Morning Football and I don't think any of the 35 "experts" picked us to go back to the Super Bowl, so it got me thinking about our own team's expectations and confidence level.

I don't even know if guys like Burrow and Chase had the confidence that we'd go to the Super Bowl last year, but how much higher is team confidence this year and how much better is the team's overall mentality?

They all saw how the line struggled all year and how we improved there, so the confidence has to be higher and having more confidence in the players around you always improves your play.

How much will is it improving the mentality of the team that we're building a practice bubble? A player's mentality will always be more positive if he knows that the team is invested in winning, so are the players seeing things like that and having it subconsciously build their confidence that the team is invested in them?

Once it's built, will the players moods be lighter and will they feel more at ease practicing in their own bubble?  Will their comfort level be higher?

Will they study their playbooks and opponents harder?

How much is the team's mentality and overall confidence improved and how much will it improve play on the field?

Sure they did, Burrow even called it on the field when he was mic'ed up.  He told them "You know, if we win this division we can win it all!"
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s been brandishing that ridiculous contention the defense collapsed late in the game vs KC and others. It’s like he didn’t watch the games. 

I watched the games.  I saw our defense give up leads in the fourth quarter.  

If you say that never happened then you are the one who did not watch the games.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 10:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Truth.  This season has the makings of a really interesting one.  Not one team (in the AFC) has a cupcake division.  The Bills will face a tough schedule and the Jets and Dolphins look much improved (on paper anyways).  The Pats are one team that has me thinking:  "Will they even be competitive?", but like the steelers they seemingly always find a way to hang around.

The Titans at least have the Colts to contend with and vice-versa, and the Jags might be improved as I really like their coach.  The Texans are hot garbage and although they have a lot of future draft picks, they are probably thinking that one more year of turd soup will get them a loaded roster of high draft picks.  

That AFC West, though.  Holy crap.  For a loaded Raider team to be most people's selection for last in the division....  Damn.  They also draw the AFC South as their conference foe schedule.  Good luck Titans and Colts.

I also agree about the Bucs, as you can see Brady is already looking a little frightened at the prospect of taking snaps behind those guards and center.  I think the NFC is primed for a team to come out of the usual 49er, Packer, Buc group and contend.  My guess is the Eagles.  They seem to be building something there and I really like Jalen Hurts as a person.  Hope it all works out for him this year.  Another couple dark horses for the NFC are the Vikings and Saints.  The Vikes offense is no joke, and if their new coaching staff can figure out something with their defense, they could take that division.  The Saints are being discarded by many because of their QB (Winston), but they have quality depth behind him now (Dalton) and a really, really tough defense.  

Regardless, this season is going to be an absolute blast.  More Primetime games for the Bengals and some amazing matchups along the way, starting with Rams/Bills in about 36 hours!

Great post and breakdown of the NFL SHRacer. Great thought about the Eagles, Vikings and Saints. One of those teams might
surprise like you say. If the Eagles get decent play out of Hurts they could be tough like you say, they always seem to have a pretty
good Defense. The question for the Vikings is their Defense but man, they are stacked on Offense which should help the D rest.

I like the Saints too because of their Defense and actually the Falcons might be a surprise if Mariota plays well.

The AFC is just so stacked, the team that wins it will probably win the Superbowl no matter who they face in the NFC.

Gonna be a blast as you say, this is what you want if you have suddenly become a Contender which we undoubtedly have.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I watched the games.  I saw our defense give up leads in the fourth quarter.  

If you say that never happened then you are the one who did not watch the games.

Everybody disagrees with you on this and just about everything. Give up a lead in the NFL is common place. Ask the number 1 defense of the Buffalo Bills in the AFC semifinal game. It was the same 3 point lead they gave up in the fourth to KC. You make it out like the defense collapsed on several occasions. They didn’t. You truly don’t watch the NFL when you maintain the Bengals defense blew leads. Losing a small 4th quarter lead happens a ton in the NFL. Your takes on the Bengals inefficiencies by the team, front office, and coaching staff get old. You are a sad insufferable fan of the Cincinnati Bengals.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 01:19 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: He’s been brandishing that ridiculous contention the defense collapsed late in the game vs KC and others. It’s like he didn’t watch the games. Absolutely awful analogies and observations. It completely ruins his poster reputation but he can’t deviate from his mantra that the ownership, front office, and coaching is subpar. He won’t let himself give any of them credit for any success.

Show of hands.

How many people here think the Chiefs shouldn't be able to score a measly 3 points in an entire half?

If giving up a single field goal in 30 minutes against the Chiefs is collapsing, well...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 04:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I watched the games.  I saw our defense give up leads in the fourth quarter.  

The difference is you don't know what you are watching like most on here do, that or you just don't want to give any credit 
to Lou and his Defensive adjustments. Probably both of these things. All I know is you wouldn't be saying any of this if this 
was Marv's team playing great in the Playoffs and beating top teams something he could never do.

You give no credit to Zac or Lou, it is a bit of a headscratcher after what they accomplished last season.

To act like any of us fans didn't watch the games is just another absurd argument from you lol

You are a known stat guy, that is what you do, stats.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 05:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The difference is you don't know what you are watching like most on here do, that or you just don't want to give any credit 
to Lou and his Defensive adjustments. Probably both of these things. All I know is you wouldn't be saying any of this if this 
was Marv's team playing great in the Playoffs and beating top teams something he could never do.

You give no credit to Zac or Lou, it is a bit of a headscratcher after what they accomplished last season.

To act like any of us fans didn't watch the games is just another absurd argument from you lol

You are a known stat guy, that is what you do, stats.

I would make the argument that there are only two people on this board who can confidently say they know what they are watching; Synric and Au165. 
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 06:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would make the argument that there are only two people on this board who can confidently say they know what they are watching; Synric and Au165. 

Confindently.... not a chance lol. I can make educated guesses but there's just so much we dont know about every play. 

Coachtube.com is a great resource to learn about football though if you don't mind forking over some cash. Paul Alexander has a great tutorial on there about scouting offensive line.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 06:18 PM)Synric Wrote: Confindently.... not a chance lol. I can make educated guesses but there's just so much we dont know about every play. 

Coachtube.com is a great resource to learn about football though if you don't mind forking over some cash. Paul Alexander has a great tutorial on there about scouting offensive line.

Yeah, it's tough. I've always been into the analytical side of things, but over the off-season I was given access to a large coaching treasure chest of sorts, hosted in a Google Drive. Coaches from across the nation, both college and high school, posting playbooks, break downs, workouts etc. You name it.

I quickly realized how complicated things can get. It's fun to learn about it all, but also sheds light on "My god, none of us know the first thing about what is going on!"
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2022, 06:00 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I would make the argument that there are only two people on this board who can confidently say they know what they are watching; Synric and Au165. 

They would be the two that know better than anyone probably and you know a lot yourself. There are others...

Still, it is pretty obvious Fred just wants to argue for the sake of arguing. He doesn't want to give credit to Zac or Lou
for what they did against the Chiefs which is kind of weird him being a Bengals fan and all. We all watched the games.

To say some posters didn't watch the Playoffs is a pretty crazy take. I am sure even Fred watched the Playoffs, he just
isn't into watching the games as much as he is into stats and just arguing.
Reply/Quote
Trolling again I see.
Reply/Quote