Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Much Power Does ZT Have?
(09-03-2019, 10:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assume we will fully realize Mike Brown is still calling the shots as soon as anything goes wrong. 

That's usually the 'go to'. lol

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Remember when we had pretty much this exact same thread 5 months ago? Good times, good times. Let's go ahead and trot these talking points out again. Hey guys, I don't think Mike Brown is a very good owner! I know, I know, you're shocked.

Not like there's an actual game coming up to discuss or anything...
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 10:56 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's usually the 'go to'. lol

Yes - When we win, Katie is miraculously calling the shots. Sometimes Tobin.

When we lose, it's MB and Marvin and now sometimes Tobin.

The reality is...no one knows. Which is a problem. How many other NFL Teams do you have to wonder who's making the calls in?
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:08 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Remember when we had pretty much this exact same thread 5 months ago? Good times, good times. Let's go ahead and trot these talking points out again. Hey guys, I don't think Mike Brown is a very good owner! I know, I know, you're shocked.

Well, now we have 5 months of moves to examine.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2019, 11:08 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Remember when we had pretty much this exact same thread 5 months ago? Good times, good times. Let's go ahead and trot these talking points out again. Hey guys, I don't think Mike Brown is a very good owner! I know, I know, you're shocked.

That's the thing about loops---they keep coming back again and again and again.  123.  123.  123.  28 years. 28 years. 28 years.  Over and over and over.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 10:26 AM)McC Wrote: That's the thing about loops---they keep coming back again and again and again.  123.  123.  123.  28 years. 28 years. 28 years.  Over and over and over.

Still waiting for your explanation on why ZT's 123rd ranked offense was good...

What were the factors that I apparently don't know that make that a good achievement?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Still waiting for your explanation on why ZT's 123rd ranked offense was good...

What were the factors that I apparently don't know that make that a good achievement?

123.  28.  123.  28.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Still waiting for your explanation on why ZT's 123rd ranked offense was good...

He was coaching at a mid major school with players recruited and coached by a lazy Tommy Tuberville?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 11:25 AM)McC Wrote: 123.  28.  123.  28.

It's actually 123 out of 128 teams.

Still waiting for you to provide your insight into why having that ranking wasn't a poor reflection on him as an OC?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 12:40 PM)NKURyan Wrote: He was coaching at a mid major school with players recruited and coached by a lazy Tommy Tuberville?

And here he has Marvin's players. This flies in the face of the narrative that he's some visionary that can come in and get players to perform better than Marvin did.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And here he has Marvin's players. This flies in the face of the narrative that he's some visionary that can come in and get players to perform better than Marvin did.

How do you know he can't? Have you seen him as a HC in a regular season game yet?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 12:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: And here he has Marvin's players. This flies in the face of the narrative that he's some visionary that can come in and get players to perform better than Marvin did.

I have seen no evidence that such a narrative exists anywhere outside your head.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 02:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: How do you know he can't? Have you seen him as a HC in a regular season game yet?

The excuse at U of Cincy for having the 123rd ranked offense out of 128 was apparently that he didn't have good players.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:08 PM)McC Wrote: I have seen no evidence that such a narrative exists anywhere outside your head.

So there's no narrative in the forum that states we will improve this year because ZT and staff will be better than Marvin an staff?
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:16 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The excuse at U of Cincy for having the 123rd ranked offense out of 128 was apparently that he didn't have good players.

So then...that would be a no?

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So then...that would be a no?

That would be a his track record as an OC says he doesn't make his teams better. Actually, he makes them worse.

He has 0 HC experience.
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:17 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So there's no narrative in the forum that states we will improve this year because ZT and staff will be better than Marvin an staff?

Yes, it is located in your head.

I've seen appreciation of the qualities he has displayed, of the way he is doing things, how the players seem to be responding, hope that he'll be a good coach.  Never really seen anyone make the declaration about him that you keep claiming.

It's the same as the fictitional MB fan club you keep referencing.  Neither exists in the real world.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:31 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, it is located in your head.

I've seen appreciation of the qualities he has displayed, of the way he is doing things, how the players seem to be responding, hope that he'll be a good coach.  Never really seen anyone make the declaration about him that you keep claiming.

It's the same as the fictitional MB fan club you keep referencing.  Neither exists in the real world.

So you are saying that no fans on this forum claim that ZT is an upgrade over Marvin and we will therefore win more games because of this?  Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That would be a his track record as an OC says he doesn't make his teams better. Actually, he makes them worse.

He has 0 HC experience.

You're like one who goes to a movie and claims I love that movie...

except for the plot, the dialog, the action, the director, the title, the characters and all the actors.

Reply/Quote
(09-04-2019, 03:33 PM)McC Wrote: You're like one who goes to a movie and claims I love that movie...

except for the plot, the dialog, the action, the director, the title, the characters and all the actors.

So to be a Bengals fan means having irrational optimism about every aspect of the team? I disagree. I'm giving my actual opinion.

I'm quite sure that there are things that most fans on this board don't like about the Bengals.
Reply/Quote