Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Possible Is 0-8 After Bye Week Now ?
Worst D in NFL. Injuries now probably make this the worst offense in NFL. How possible is 5-11 season and 0-8 after the bye week ?
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I want them to lose out. Call me a shitty fan, but that's where I stand with it. Anything to help expedite the exit of this coaching staff. I'm fed up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:47 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I want them to lose out.  Call me a shitty fan, but that's where I stand with it.  Anything to help expedite the exit of this coaching staff.  I'm fed up.

Yes, because losing a lot of games has gotten rid of Merv in the past when he didn't even have the ready made excuse he has now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
0-8 is very possible.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: Yes, because losing a lot of games has gotten rid of Merv in the past when he didn't even have the ready made excuse he has now.

Yeah, I can’t believe there’s still actually people that believe Marvin will be fired. Ever.

The only reason to hope they lose out is draft position.

I’m guessing they win 1 more game this season. Probably Oakland.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
So yeah, I'd actually like for them to lose out at this point. The worse the record gets, the hotter the seat gets for Marvin. I'm also hoping that it somehow convinces Mike that Hue won't solve anything.

And better draft position. I think it's time to a draft a QB, and start trading away players. I'd rather see us show that we are willing to rebuild, than to keep a core who might be good enough to get into the playoffs, but not anything else.
Reply/Quote
They're not going 0-8....
Reply/Quote
Realistically, I only see a couple of games (Raiders, Browns) where I can see them competing and having a shot. The Browns just outclassed them pretty hard, though. I would say 2-6 is best case scenario. Fred is right, 0-8 is very possible.
Reply/Quote
If 0-8 gets rid of Marvin and Hue, I'm ok with it. But, like I said, I don't see 0-8. We have players coming back from injury. Depends on Driskel
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:47 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I want them to lose out.  Call me a shitty fan, but that's where I stand with it.  Anything to help expedite the exit of this coaching staff.  I'm fed up.

(11-28-2018, 12:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I can’t believe there’s still actually people that believe Marvin will be fired. Ever.

The only reason to hope they lose out is draft position.

I’m guessing they win 1 more game this season. Probably Oakland.

I'm kinda where Big Boss is except I recognize that Merv could still come back or Merv is let go, Hue is promoted to HC and the only new hire is the guy to replace Haslett who'll be the new DC.

But I'm also hoping for better draft position.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
8-8 and another season of Mediocre Marv is the worst option. 5-11 and a new staff would be better than that. But hey, I'm a homer, and holding out hope that Driskel takes goes on a roll and we make a run. Green, Boyd, Ross, Mixon and Bernard should be enough weapons. I feel like Lazor and some of Dalton's limitations have held the O back
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:46 PM)Brimey Wrote: 8-8 and another season of Mediocre Marv is the worst option. 5-11 and a new staff would be better than that. But hey, I'm a homer, and holding out hope that Driskel takes goes on a roll and we make a run. Green, Boyd, Ross, Mixon and Bernard should be enough weapons. I feel like Lazor and some of Dalton's limitations have held the O back

Injuries to the TEs and Lazor's lack of adjusting to that is what has held the O back
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: Yes, because losing a lot of games has gotten rid of Merv in the past when he didn't even have the ready made excuse he has now.

While you certainly make a valid point, I'd say going winless the rest of the way would make it a more realistic possibility than if they win any other games.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:58 PM)Big Boss Wrote: While you certainly make a valid point, I'd say going winless the rest of the way would make it a more realistic possibility than if they win any other games.  

I kinda think losing to the Browns hurts Mike more than losing to the Steelers. So maybe if the Browns sweep us ...
Reply/Quote
Jeff Driskel to the NFL when he leads us to a 5-0 end to the season

[Image: Lube-job-funny-picture.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Very possible. Even with Dalton the only team we would have probably beaten would have been the Raiders. We definitely weren’t beating the Chargers or the Steelers. You just saw what the Browns did to us with Dalton and we have to play them again at Cleveland. The Broncos have beaten the Steeelrs and Chargers in back to back weeks. We can’t stop anybody on defense and Von Miller and Chubb would have a field day with our offense line no matter who plays QB. Sad thing is Mike Brown probably thinks we could have won all those games with Dalton.
Reply/Quote
It's theoretically very possible with Dalton out...but they'll win a game or two. We've seen this movie before MANY times.
Reply/Quote
It's very possible !

We're not beating the Broncos. Since they dropped that game to the Jets they've lost to the Rams 20-23, lost to the Chiefs 23-30, and lost to the Texans 17-19. Then they beat the Chargers and Steelers.

The Chargers in LA will knock us into next week !

It wouldn't surprise me at all if the Browns sweep us they're a young hungry team and we're ummm not.

The Steelers at the end you know how that story ends no matter if they need the game or not we'll find a way to fold even against the band and cheerleaders.

The only real shot we have is Oakland and a Merv coached team can lay down even against the worst the NFL has to offer at anytime.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 01:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They're not going 0-8....

0-8 is not only probable...its likely.

Couple the worst D in the league with a backup QB behind an inferior O-line and you have yourself a losing combination.
Reply/Quote
Oakland and Cleveland are the two best chances for a win the rest of the way. This team, with or without Andy Dalton, is quite capable of losing any of the remaining games. I said that before he was injured and I'm still saying it.

Reply/Quote