Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Will We win?
(01-24-2022, 06:08 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's simple - win the turnover battle and convert in the red zone.

I am absolutely shocked that the Bengals got this far this year.  The line is just a liability against good teams.  We have to play a nearly perfect game to win.

That being said, we have the offense to win these games.  But, like last night, you have to have some breaks go your way.

What Hammer said. Need to execute, win the turnover battle and pretty much just play perfect.

We have the players to do so and it seems the coaches. We will see, I love this team. We can do it. 

We can definitely beat the 49ers as long as we do a better job against Kittle. The Rams are scary with AD but we just played 
Jeffery Simmons and won who is a beast himself at DT. I like our Corners against Kupp even though the guy is great, we can 
battle. We will see how the Chiefs game goes than we can really talk about this though. Early.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:52 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Did you watch the game? He got rid of the ball plenty fast enough. He had to. Not his fault that the OL probably couldn’t even cut it in college. 

This OL is going to get Burrow killed. 

omg. How many times are you going to post this? What is that now, 14 times? 

Hey, we get it guy. The Oline is bad. Thanks. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
One thing that we have to do better is score TDs in the red zone. Both playoff games we have moved the ball good down the field, then stalled in the red zone, having to settle for field goals. I'm glad for the points, but that may not cut it in the championship game.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:49 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: One thing that we have to do better is score TDs in the red zone.  Both playoff games we have moved the ball good down the field, then stalled in the red zone, having to settle for field goals.  I'm glad for the points, but that may not cut it in the championship game.

True, have to do this much better and a lot of other things. But if we win its all good thats all I am saying.
Reply/Quote
Someone unexpected is gonna have to step up....whether it's Apple or literally anyone on the line.....
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
We get the ball last and score as time expires. Or we leave less than 10 seconds on the clock.
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple has been key in both game sealing plays in the playoffs so far....go figure.
Reply/Quote
How will we win?

With pride and dignity.

Brining honor to not just the football franchise, but the entire city of Cincinnati.

Grown men will cry.

Maidens will moisten.

After the the victory the Bengals will toss the body of Patrick Mahommes into a pack of Bengal fans who will tear him to shreds and BBQ his tender parts. With Carolina style sauce, of course, just to piss off those slack-jawed Kansas City cow pokes.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 11:40 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: omg. How many times are you going to post this? What is that now, 14 times? 

Hey, we get it guy. The Oline is bad. Thanks. 

Thank you!
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:52 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: If Cincy wins a trip to LA, how do you think it'll go down?

Well, if it is against the Rams, I would say the key would be plastering Kupp and make Stafford hold the ball a bit longer with unique defensive formations.  This has actually been a strength for the Bengals this year.  Hope the defense can create pressure with the front four, and as my guy Pratt would say:  "get the damn ball out".

On offense, it will be about having a quick checkdown.  The Rams won't blitz a lot (at least I don't think), but Burrow will need a quick checkdown with good hands like Evans or CJ every pass play.  

Mixon will be a huge part of it.  Make the defense chase him sideline to sideline and help wear out their rush.  SF has shown how this can be effective without very good QB play.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:52 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Not his fault that the OL probably couldn’t even cut it in college. 

LSUfaninTN
Just hope Burrow gets out alive

We've heard a lot of this over the past year. Killed. Murdered. Get out alive. 

But keep in mind that Josh Allen not only gets sacked, but runs full force into defenders. And Mahommes is putting himself at risk every time he runs for a first down. It's a brutal sport. Yes, every Bengal fan realizes the Bengals need a better OL, not just to protect Burrow but to be able to run the ball. But it gets tiring hearing the same mantra about "getting out alive," when the Bengals are now one step from the Super Bowl. We can go back to panicking about the OL getting Burrow murdered after the next two games.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:52 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Did you watch the game? He got rid of the ball plenty fast enough. He had to. Not his fault that the OL probably couldn’t even cut it in college. 

At least three of the sacks at least were on him holding onto the football too long, you could argue as many as five. So yes, the line was garbage but he also needs to throw away the football and process his reads quicker.

First sack, had Chase in the flat on the right.
Third sack, he bobbled the snap. Looked clean to me from the shotgun.
Fourth sack he has Higgins over the middle on a quick slant.
Fifth he had Mixon again in the flat, would have probably been no gain instead lost about 15 yards and made it a longer FG.
Seventh sack got knocked out of FG range. Showed all out blitz, they brought it, you have to throw the football.
Reply/Quote
I agree with sportingnews analysis they got us winning 38 -34. I personally feel we win by more. Our D is better than Bills D healthy. Bills D was fattened up due to playing garbage opponents
Reply/Quote