Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
How Will We win?
If Cincy wins a trip to LA, how do you think it'll go down?
Reply/Quote
By scoring more points than the opposition.

[Image: ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif]

We're an awesome team, but I don't think we have the overall talent that KC and LA have on their rosters. Thus, it's all about Burrow and his ability to make other Bengals players on offense better. Plus, our defense must have performances like they did during our other dominating wins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's simple - win the turnover battle and convert in the red zone.

I am absolutely shocked that the Bengals got this far this year. The line is just a liability against good teams. We have to play a nearly perfect game to win.

That being said, we have the offense to win these games. But, like last night, you have to have some breaks go your way.
Reply/Quote
1. The offensive line needs to get on a man and do the best they can. Give burrow .25-.5 second longer on average per play.
2. The bengals coaching staff needs a better game plan. Quick, short and efficient passes. 10-15 yard routes may not be the key to winning this game, and I don’t think it needs to be. Play like the 2003-2004 patriots, make the passing game an extension of the running game. These wide receivers are beyond capable of YAC. Joe burrow doesn’t need to average 10 ypc an attempt. If he goes 35-45 for 300 yards and 3 tds (like Brady did back in those days) the bengals will be in it at the end.
3. Joe burrow needs to get rid of the ball faster.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 3. Joe burrow needs to get rid of the ball faster.

Did you watch the game? He got rid of the ball plenty fast enough. He had to. Not his fault that the OL probably couldn’t even cut it in college. 

This OL is going to get Burrow killed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:52 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: If Cincy wins a trip to LA, how do you think it'll go down?

In fire.....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
This game is gonna be tough. I know we beat KC in week 17. But they looked about as close to unbeatable as you can against the Bills.

I think in order for us to beat them it would be nice to win the coin toss and then take advantage of getting the ball after half by scoring before and after half time. Protect Burrow and hopefully get Tee and Boyd involved a little more as I have a hard time thinking they let Chase repeat ( although they couldn't stop Gabriel Davis). On Defense do the best you can to limit them which again after watching last night might just mean like 3-4 stops. Then hopefully we can find ourselves either tied or close to tied at the end and we can get the clock down for a walkoff field goal.

We held them to 3pts in the 2nd half in week 17 but we really controlled the clock and ball and limited they're opportunities. Which I think is gonna be a very hard thing to replicate.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 05:52 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: If Cincy wins a trip to LA, how do you think it'll go down?

Just hope Burrow gets out alive, then put every dime yall have into OL through the draft and free agency.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:09 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This game is gonna be tough. I know we beat KC in week 17. But they looked about as close to unbeatable as you can against the Bills.

I think in order for us to beat them it would be nice to win the coin toss and then take advantage of getting the ball after half by scoring before and after half time. Protect Burrow and hopefully get Tee and Boyd involved a little more as I have a hard time thinking they let Chase repeat ( although they couldn't stop Gabriel Davis). On Defense do the best you can to limit them which again after watching last night might just mean like 3-4 stops. Then hopefully we can find ourselves either tied or close to tied at the end and we can get the clock down for a walkoff field goal.

We held them to 3pts in the 2nd half in week 17 but we really controlled the clock and ball and limited they're opportunities. Which I think is gonna be a very hard thing to replicate.

I agree it'll be a battle to do it again.  But it was considered a possibility that the first Baltimore game this year was a fluke as well, and then the second game happened and almost the exact same score.  So it's possible to beat a team soundly twice (no, I'm not saying the Ratbirds of 2021 are on the same level as the Chiefs).  If the Bengals operate at top level like they did a few weeks ago, they can pull it off again.  It'll be harder given the circumstances of the game and the crowd noise there, but not impossible.  The team has momentum, energy and plays/scores throughout the game seem to mean nothing to this team.  Getting down, seemingly getting beat, this Bengals team has just been powering through until the last whistle.  Which is quite frankly the only way to get this far into the post-season regardless of talent.  
Reply/Quote

It's hard to imagine this game being decided by more than 1-7pts. 

My prediction: 4th QTR, KC up 32-30. Bengals have the ball starting at their 25 after a TD run by Mahomes with 3mins left (KC has 2 TO's, Bengals 1 TO). Bengals drive it down into Chiefs territory after a long time-milking drive. Shooter drills it for 47 yards with 3 seconds left. 

Bengals 33
Chiefs 32
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:06 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: By scoring more points than the opposition.

[Image: ba-dum-tsss-drum.gif]

We're an awesome team, but I don't think we have the overall talent that KC and LA have on their rosters. Thus, it's all about Burrow and his ability to make other Bengals players on offense better. Plus, our defense must have performances like they did during our other dominating wins.

As John Madden himself once said "Usually the team that scores the most points wins the game."

Miss that guy.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:52 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: Did you watch the game? He got rid of the ball plenty fast enough. He had to. Not his fault that the OL probably couldn’t even cut it in college. 

This OL is going to get Burrow killed. 

Not true. At least 3 of the sacks were from Joe holding the ball too long.
Reply/Quote
A similar gameplan to week 17 we need 100 yard rushing as well. If we don't control clock our D will be gassed in the 2nd half which is a recipe for disaster even more so on the road.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:25 PM)GAWhoDey Wrote: Not true. At least 3 of the sacks were from Joe holding the ball too long.

No one’s going to be perfect.

You can see when the OL folds, he gets rid of it quickly 90% of the time. 
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:15 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I agree it'll be a battle to do it again.  But it was considered a possibility that the first Baltimore game this year was a fluke as well, and then the second game happened and almost the exact same score.  So it's possible to beat a team soundly twice (no, I'm not saying the Ratbirds of 2021 are on the same level as the Chiefs).  If the Bengals operate at top level like they did a few weeks ago, they can pull it off again.  It'll be harder given the circumstances of the game and the crowd noise there, but not impossible.  The team has momentum, energy and plays/scores throughout the game seem to mean nothing to this team.  Getting down, seemingly getting beat, this Bengals team has just been powering through until the last whistle.  Which is quite frankly the only way to get this far into the post-season regardless of talent.  

Thats a good point. I know the Ravens where depleted in the secondary the 2nd game. But I was thinking before that it would be amazing if Higgins could step up and have the kind of game that Chase had and he almost did certainly closer than I thought he could. So hopefully Boyd can make some plays early and really Higgins can have some explosive plays. Than that could open things up again for Chase to do what he does.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 06:45 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: 1. The offensive line needs to get on a man and do the best they can. Give burrow .25-.5 second longer on average per play.
2. The bengals coaching staff needs a better game plan. Quick, short and efficient passes. 10-15 yard routes may not be the key to winning this game, and I don’t think it needs to be. Play like the 2003-2004 patriots, make the passing game an extension of the running game. These wide receivers are beyond capable of YAC. Joe burrow doesn’t need to average 10 ypc an attempt. If he goes 35-45 for 300 yards and 3 tds (like Brady did back in those days) the bengals will be in it at the end.
3. Joe burrow needs to get rid of the ball faster.

Looks perfect, I would add establishing a run game.  The short passes can supplement it but the run game does a little better at slowing the pass rush and controlling TOP.  Then Joe can take an extra second and throw a dime deep to Chase and/or Tee.

Defense - do the same as last Saturday.
Reply/Quote
Defense.. Defense.. Defense....

and hopefully, our offense can score enough points to win.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2022, 07:42 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: No one’s going to be perfect.

You can see when the OL folds, he gets rid of it quickly 90% of the time. 

Believe me, I get that and I love Joe’s game. But you said that none of the sacks were on him and that’s simply not true.
Reply/Quote
By bending them over and spanking them. Burrow is Mahomes new daddy in the AFC. Can’t wait for them salty chief fan tears.
Reply/Quote
Turnovers are always the key but which teams big time players make big time plays in big time games wins. In their first game ours were better.
Reply/Quote