Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How big is the Ravens game?
(12-21-2021, 02:50 PM)Tony Wrote: Logan will be back.

Zac ruled him out yesterday in his presser.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 02:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Zac ruled him out yesterday in his presser.

That hurts...
Reply/Quote
This will be our biggest game since the 2016 playoff loss. No doubt about it.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
We are guaranteed a playoff spot with wins over Ravens and Browns unless Steelers win out. We still have a better than average shot at the wildcard if Steelers do win out. It just requires a loss by the Bills at Pats or the Colts at Cards are the 2 easiest their are others but those seem to be most likely we are 99.5 to make playoffs if we win our 2 remaining division games
Reply/Quote
Big game. Coming off a desperate win. Ravens without their starting QB (potentially). In Cincinnati.

**** we're gonna get spanked.
Reply/Quote
In order of importance remaining 3 games Browns 48 Ravens 30 Chiefs 22.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 03:27 PM)Tony Wrote: That hurts...

Big time.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:10 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I already posted the remaining schedules on another thread, but I see this as this simple:  If the Bengals win Sunday, they essentially knock off the Ravens for the division crown.  I don't see any way the Ravens beat the Rams week 16 and that would mean the best they could do is tie the Bengals, and they lose that tie-breaker.

With the Browns losing last night (thank you, Raiders!), I don't see them beating Green Bay on a short week and they will effectively  lose the ability to win the division as the best they could do is tie the Bengals as well and they also lose the tie-breaker.

It comes down to this:  beat the Ravens and you more than likely are the AFC North Champs.

I wouldn't bet against Burrow in this big game.

Who Dey

Yeah, with the Browns losing last night to the Raiders it made this game even bigger. I don't really care what happens as much
in the Chiefs game but we win Sunday and we are in the driver's seat for the Division crown. Not a lot of fans were predicting 
this before the season. Believe we did and Sled who thought Taylor's light would come on as HC this season. Awesome to see
just need to take care of the Ratbirds. Stop the run and keep Hunley in the pocket similar to how we did to Lamar and attack 
that Secondary. Like you said, could be a big game from Burrow if he has time. 

Need to spread the RB snaps around significantly in this game though with Mixon's ankle. I don't like how banged up he is 
getting, don't want him worn out before the Playoffs start.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, with the Browns losing last night to the Raiders it made this game even bigger. I don't really care what happens as much
in the Chiefs game but we win Sunday and we are in the driver's seat for the Division crown. Not a lot of fans were predicting 
this before the season. Believe we did and Sled who thought Taylor's light would come on as HC this season. Awesome to see
just need to take care of the Ratbirds. Stop the run and keep Hunley in the pocket similar to how we did to Lamar and attack 
that Secondary. Like you said, could be a big game from Burrow if he has time. 

Need to spread the RB snaps around significantly in this game though with Mixon's ankle. I don't like how banged up he is 
getting, don't want him worn out before the Playoffs start.

They really don't need to change the gameplan much on defense from last time. Hunley is a runner too so don't over pursue the pocket. Our offense has declined. Denver's defense was/is tough, but with the weapons we have we could have done better. Specially since the OL actually didn't do bad. I have hope for this victory Sunday and think as long as we prepare and come out firing instead of waiting until the 3rd/4th qtr, we should be fine. However, I think if we win this game, it's going to be our defense that brings it home.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 08:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: They really don't need to change the gameplan much on defense from last time. Hunley is a runner too so don't over pursue the pocket. Our offense has declined. Denver's defense was/is tough, but with the weapons we have we could have done better. Specially since the OL actually didn't do bad. I have hope for this victory Sunday and think as long as we prepare and come out firing instead of waiting until the 3rd/4th qtr, we should be fine. However, I think if we win this game, it's going to be our defense that brings it home.

All true Harley. Denver's D is much better than the Ravens at this point though especially in the Secondary which I think the 
Broncos have the best in the NFL. Expecting Burrow and our WR's to have a much better game than they did against Denver.

But Hunley scares me a bit, backup that can run and can pass with touch unlike Lamar etc.

Need Awuzie back big time for this one and our DT's need to collapse the pocket while our Ends play disciplined and contain.
Reply/Quote
The AFC North division is an absolute shootout right now.It’s going to be very interesting to say the least.How big is the Ravens game? This is the biggest game of the year for us thus far.If the Bengals win this game,of course they’ll be in a very good position going forward.I’d just love to see them come out at the start of this game looking like they are well prepared and build an early lead,that would be nice.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All true Harley. Denver's D is much better than the Ravens at this point though especially in the Secondary which I think the 
Broncos have the best in the NFL. Expecting Burrow and our WR's to have a much better game than they did against Denver.

But Hunley scares me a bit, backup that can run and can pass with touch unlike Lamar etc.

Need Awuzie back big time for this one and our DT's need to collapse the pocket while our Ends play disciplined and contain.

Good point about the D's. Ours has to come out pumped and stay pumped for 60 minutes. Let's hope Burrow and Co. keep them off the field as much as possible.

Reply/Quote
Huge !
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Huge !

That's what she said.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's what she said.  Ninja

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

Well that;s what I remember anyways
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:36 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The AFC North division is an absolute shootout right now.It’s going to be very interesting to say the least.How big is the Ravens game? This is the biggest game of the year for us thus far.If the Bengals win this game,of course they’ll be in a very good position going forward.I’d just love to see them come out at the start of this game looking like they are well prepared and build an early lead,that would be nice.

This is the biggest knock on Zac for me.

There's been some games that have looked that way.

Then there are those other ones...
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 09:54 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That's what she said.  Ninja

Family board?
Reply/Quote
If we finish:

1) 3-0. We win the division and are the #1 seed if KC/NE/TN lose one more.
2) 2-1. Very good shot at winning division, if loss is KC.
3) 1-2. Likely out of playoffs but could back in.
4) 0-3. Out of playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I think you will find that as the season nears end Zac won’t limit the offense to keep Joe healthy. I also think he’s been saving a bunch. He wants to win the division. He said that’s been their goal and against the Steelers and Ravens look how many points we scored. His philosophy much like some of the historically great coaches is to use the first half to set up the second half. They did that on the Tyler Boyd TD. They ran that play with a Perine run and Boyd blocked. The next time they ran it just like Zac thought they brought the safety down and Boyd didn’t block on the RPO and he was wide open. It’s called game planning.

You will see a lot of different things offensively. Both teams have injuries but I think we are in slightly better health.

Check out this article from Cincinnati.com:

This is how the Bengals set up their only touchdown against the Broncos

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2021/12/21/cincinnati-bengals-film-study-set-up-tyler-boyd-touchdown-vs-broncos-afc-playoff-picture-standings/8981586002/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2021, 10:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Family board?

She was looking at her butt in the mirror?

Reply/Quote