Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can you justify NOT starting AJ McCarron the rest of the season?
(11-07-2017, 03:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I didn’t backread all the replies in this thread so if someone already pointed this out forgive me.

If Dalton is struggling behind this line and he has the experience to quickly diagnose the d and release the ball, why do you think a less experienced qb with a slower release who is not as mobile be more successful?  Additionally, when aj is put behind this sieve of an o line and does worse than Andy, what does that do to his trade value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because some people are stupid and think because Dalton doesn't complete 100% of his passes or the fact that he's not an elite QB means he sucks. That and the fact that the Bengals ALMOST won a playoff game with McCarron means that AJM is clearly the better QB and should be starting over Dalton. Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: When Merv gets his extension is the day I become an Eagles fan.  :andy:

Are the Eagles the new Seahawks; that team everyone threatens to run off too when things go sour?  I'll admit, jumping on the Wentzwagon seems like a tempting offer.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are the Eagles the new Seahawks; that team everyone threatens to run off too when things go sour?  I'll admit, jumping on the Wentzwagon seems like a tempting offer.

No. It's just the Eagles are the team that's most local to me; I could watch them on TV every Sunday without streaming them on the internet; and their uniforms are green which is my favorite color. It doesn't hurt that they're currently beasting and Wentz looks awesome. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 02:43 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO.....I THOROUGHLY enjoy your sarcasm Nately....you get better with every post. LMAO

That said, as you may or may not recall, I have been on Piano Man's case since I have been a member of Jungle Noise.  However, after getting on here, and learning more and more about the inner workings of the team, his incessant defense of the worst C in the league, "pounding on the table" for Og and Fish, and then turning around and not coaching them up to even D-1 standards, which has essentially tanked two straight seasons as a result......retaining him at this point may just finally be enough to make me "quit" until some team offers a ridiculous amount to the Bengals for my services as a fan. Ninja
Making Alexander assistant Head Coach basically tells you that Mike Brown wants him to pick his own O-Linemen.

Knowing this and watching this shit show is enough to "make a billygoat puke.

No accountability of someone clearly sharing the driver's seat as the team bus goes careening over the cliff is enough for me.

Am I still a fan?  

Yeah but if something else comes up when the team plays I definitely do that instead.

They'll get a lot less of my attention and time that usually was spent watching them.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Making Alexander assistant Head Coach basically tells you that Mike Brown wants him to pick his own O-Linemen.

That'd be an interesting angle for Brown to take. The OL sucks because Merv didn't listen to Paul. I wonder how many people outside of people named 'Mike Brown' would believe that.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Making Alexander assistant Head Coach basically tells you that Mike Brown wants him to pick his own O-Linemen.

Knowing this and watching this shit show is enough to "make a billygoat puke.

No accountability of someone clearly sharing the driver's seat as the team bus goes careening over the cliff is enough for me.

Am I still a fan?  

Yeah but if something else comes up when the team plays I definitely do that instead.

They'll get a lot less of my attention and time that usually was spent watching them.

Right there with you Rocker.  I DVRd Buffalo and Jax....makes it easier to watch.....or not watch, although I still subjected myself to it for some odd reason.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are the Eagles the new Seahawks; that team everyone threatens to run off too when things go sour?  I'll admit, jumping on the Wentzwagon seems like a tempting offer.

I myself am starting to like Wentz. Kid is going to be good.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2017, 11:21 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Your QB is your leader. When you bench him you signal to the team that he's the issue. That leadership is done then.

I don't think the team views Andy as a leader anyway. Soooooooo.......
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 04:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I myself am starting to like Wentz. Kid is going to be good.

I dunno man.....I mean.....he has red hair. Ninja

Reply/Quote
I can justify not playing McCarron easily.

The season is done, even if they made the playoffs (black magic) does anyone honestly believe they'd do anything with the OL like it is? I doubt it.

Meanwhile AJM has his grievance still pending, if he goes out and plays well (not lights out, just well) and wins his grievance then he's a UFA who's price-tag just skyrocketed as a result of his play the previous year. At the same time you've destroyed any confidence Dalton has, or the team has in him, and after losing AJM to FA (because we would) you're then stuck with a disgraced QB and only a comp pick the following season to show for it.

What I've seen from McCarron thus far doesn't lead me to believe he's a world beater at QB. He could be good, but it's unlikely he'd be great. We've already got a good but not great QB. Changing one for the other won't solve what ails this offense.

Just ride this shit-show of a season out. Making the playoffs with no hope of winning when we get there does nothing but push the draft picks further down the board. And this team needs as many good draft picks as it can get its hands on right now.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:22 PM)Ravage Wrote: I can justify not playing McCarron easily.

The season is done, even if they made the playoffs (black magic) does anyone honestly believe they'd do anything with the OL like it is? I doubt it.

Meanwhile AJM has his grievance still pending, if he goes out and plays well (not lights out, just well) and wins his grievance then he's a UFA who's price-tag just skyrocketed as a result of his play the previous year. At the same time you've destroyed any confidence Dalton has, or the team has in him, and after losing AJM to FA (because we would) you're then stuck with a disgraced QB and only a comp pick the following season to show for it.

What I've seen from McCarron thus far doesn't lead me to believe he's a world beater at QB. He could be good, but it's unlikely he'd be great. We've already got a good but not great QB. Changing one for the other won't solve what ails this offense.

Just ride this shit-show of a season out. Making the playoffs with no hope of winning when we get there does nothing but push the draft picks further down the board. And this team needs as many good draft picks as it can get its hands on right now.

Pretty much spot on Ravage, plus putting in a QB that could be good who has a slower release is just plain stupid behind this OL.

Your last point is spot on as we rely more on the draft than FA, might hit on a few of them if we have enough picks.

We don't improve our team through FA from history. We just switch out pretty much the same players or regress at spots like we
did last year losing Whitworth and thinking Og would be able to replace him in the future. The coaches had to see that Og does
not have that WANT that NEED to be great. He plays passive and doesn't strive for this. Right here makes him nothing special and
he never will be with this mindset.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 05:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: putting in a QB that could be good who has a slower release is just plain stupid behind this OL.

I'm glad you said that. I was going to put it in that Andy's got what? The 2nd fastest avg time getting the ball out only to Brady, and it has been that way for years now. But I didn't want my post to start rambling by giving too many reasons. 

If anything, amazing as this might seem to some, Dalton might actually be one of the better QB's to have in this situation since he gets rid of the ball quickly. Imagine the sack numbers we'd be giving up with some of the other QB's out there, it'd make rookie year David Carr's head spin.

Before any of y'all go jumping on me, remember, I said he MIGHT be, not necessarily IS. 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Because some people are stupid and think because Dalton doesn't complete 100% of his passes or the fact that he's not an elite QB means he sucks. That and the fact that the Bengals ALMOST won a playoff game with McCarron means that AJM is clearly the better QB and should be starting over Dalton. Whatever

You really need to stop with this kind of shit. You get personal way too often  just because someone is critical of a player you like. 

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You really need to stop with this kind of shit. 

No, I really don't.

(11-07-2017, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You get personal way too often 

No, I don't. I often go out of my way to not make things personal. I didn't bother this time, because it's stupid to claim that Dalton is anything but what he is: an above average QB.

(11-07-2017, 10:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: just because someone is critical of a player you like. 

There's being critical and there's being stupid. Saying Dalton made a bad pass to AJ Green on Sunday and he needs to do bette rwith those is being critical. Claiming Dalton sucks and can't throw deep is stupid. Or claiming starting AJ McCarron will fix our offensive woes. I have no problem with the first (though I may disagree from time to time). But the latter 2 and things of a similar nature are stupid and I can only tolerate so much stupidity.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 05:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: No, I really don't.

No, I don't. I often go out of my way to not make things personal. I didn't bother this time, because it's stupid to claim that Dalton is anything but what he is: an above average QB.

There's being critical and there's being stupid. Saying Dalton made a bad pass to AJ Green on Sunday and he needs to do bette rwith those is being critical. Claiming Dalton sucks and can't throw deep is stupid. Or claiming starting AJ McCarron will fix our offensive woes. I have no problem with the first (though I may disagree from time to time). But the latter 2 and things of a similar nature are stupid and I can only tolerate so much stupidity.

You're on a roll today!! I completely agree with you. Russell Wilson missed his receivers by 6 yards a couple of time last Sunday when they were open, but you hear nobody around here crying.....
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You're on a roll today!! I completely agree with you. Russell Wilson missed his receivers by 6 yards a couple of time last Sunday when they were open, but you hear nobody around here crying.....

......or possibly on a Seahawks board either.  Some realize it's a part of the game, some don't, and some just don't like red headed people.

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2017, 06:21 PM)sandwedge Wrote: You're on a roll today!! I completely agree with you. Russell Wilson missed his receivers by 6 yards a couple of time last Sunday when they were open, but you hear nobody around here crying.....

This has to be an outright lie. From reading these boards and the original boards, it has been proven that no other QB in the history of the NFL has ever missed an open WR besides Andy Dalton. Every QB that has ever played (including the string of shit bags in Cleveland) has had stronger arms, are better at throwing deep balls, and always, ALWAYS hit open receivers. Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm Sarcasm 

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that's a joke. What's sad is that it seems some fans really believe that. Dalton puts up a 145 QB rating and has a total of 5 incompletions and all we read was that he missed a receiver, threw an incomplete pass, and that game doesn't count because it was against the Browns.

Without reading every board, reddit, thread, or tweet, I highly doubt there is another NFL QB that is as scrutinized by their fans as Andy Dalton is by Bengals fans.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2017, 03:34 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I didn’t backread all the replies in this thread so if someone already pointed this out forgive me.

If Dalton is struggling behind this line and he has the experience to quickly diagnose the d and release the ball, why do you think a less experienced qb with a slower release who is not as mobile be more successful?  Additionally, when aj is put behind this sieve of an o line and does worse than Andy, what does that do to his trade value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought this up as well.

AJM wasn't impressive in the preseason, nor was he in the off season. Everyone said that he had made a degression, and didn't look like he was improving on reading defenses/technique. If this guy struggles against twos and threes, we really think he is going to BEAT elite defenses!? It's a joke.

I don't see many being able to win behind this line, period. At least Seattle, who has a HORRIBLE offensive line (Well, did) found work arounds, with creative plays, and receivers that came back to the ball. We haven't found anything like this, nor designed anything like this. (Green Bay also does this, with a lot of their practices being focused around 'scramble' drills).

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-09-2017, 01:32 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I brought this up as well.

AJM wasn't impressive in the preseason, nor was he in the off season. Everyone said that he had made a degression, and didn't look like he was improving on reading defenses/technique. If this guy struggles against twos and threes, we really think he is going to BEAT elite defenses!? It's a joke.

I don't see many being able to win behind this line, period. At least Seattle, who has a HORRIBLE offensive line (Well, did) found work arounds, with creative plays, and receivers that came back to the ball. We haven't found anything like this, nor designed anything like this. (Green Bay also does this, with a lot of their practices being focused around 'scramble' drills).

Driskel looked better. Heck, Driskel outplayed AJM this preseason to the point I was more than willing to trade AJM for what we could get and roll with the Jeffster as backup QB.
Reply/Quote
You say benching Dalton would be demoralizing! what if AJ had been our starting QB and we had drafted Dalton ? Now what would have happened?
Reply/Quote